Silverton Mountain Statement Re: Lawsuit

Silverton Mountain can’t comment on the case (or reply to questions), but we wanted to clarify a few facts since there is much misinformation going around.

-Silverton Mountain’s thoughts and sympathies are with Ms. Goehrig.
    -Ms. Goehrig was a foot passenger who received a complimentary lift ticket from Silverton Mountain as she had a relative that worked at Silverton Mountain.
    -The top lift attendant was at his station monitoring the lift at his top lift shack, and slowed the lift down (to a speed slower than required by code for foot passengers).
    -The chairlift is in compliance with Colorado law and is inspected at least twice per year by inspectors for the State of Colorado.

Well that clears everything up. Thanks!
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

SILVERTON STOKE

Attachment 217982
    Jski

Attachment 217983
    Adimmen

Attachment 217984
    Jski

Attachment 217986
    Tele skiers can come too

Attachment 217987
    They have steep stuff

Attachment 218145
    Found this on my drive...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I went there on it’s 2nd year operation and was not happy about powder farming. Call it as such and don’t call it “guided service”. I’m surprised more law suits are not filed for that false advertisement.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks Silverton! See you guys mid winter.
    Sounds like Tmokes is too rad and core for the place - take a lap ddddooooddd

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    I went there on it’s 2nd year operation and was not happy about powder farming. Call it as such and don’t call it “guided service”. I’m surprised more law suits are not filed for that false advertisement.
    I'd say 99.9% of guided skiing services would be guilty of this. Heli, Cat, or Silverton. It is how things are done industry wide. You don't like it? Go guide yourself.

I'd take a few "guided powder farmed" turns right now vs the WROD!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverton Mt View Post
    Silverton Mountain can’t comment on the case.
    Then does......
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Yeah, my guess is that your lawyers are not being wise allowing you to comment on this on social media. It's not as though you're losing customers here, anyway.

^ gonna take a wild guess that their statement of defense - or what ever they are called down there- says pretty much the same thing and is a public document (or will be)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, my guess is that your lawyers are not being wise allowing you to comment on this on social media. It's not as though you're losing customers here, anyway.
    Pretty sure those statements were run by their lawyers.

Much love to SIlverton. Some of the best ski days of my life there since the second year they opened. I wrecked my knee there (1000% my fault). Someday soon I'll get over the PTSD from the incident and get back down there. Also the Brills and the guides have always been super cool to this midwest gaper.

You're so important they should probably just let you go wherever you want to, never mind avalanche risk mitigation or trying to save some snow for the Sunday crowd when the weekend is looking dry. Show up few days after a storm and you'll appreciate the efforts of the guides and consideration of previous skiers. these guys do have a business to run and no product (in their case powder ) = no paying customers. Take a lap hoser.

Hope Silverton Mtn can stay in the game. I am sure they have insurance for this sort of thing as most outfitters do.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Then does......
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophasis

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Pretty sure those statements were runwritten by their lawyers.
    seems more plausible
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I think the term is "first world problems". How hard for you: "I got to ride at Silverton Mt in the beautiful San Juan mountains, but the meany guides had guidelines for preserving powder". Note to Tmokes: don't book a heli trip. And maybe try to experience some gratitude. Skiiing is for fun, not for whining.

You guys thinks Silverton is the shit and eat it if they serve it up.

I had a great time with Aaron as our guide for 2 days, but who doesn’t want to look at the slopes and come up with your own line? Why the fuck do you think they added unguided days? Customer demand maybe???

I just think they should advertise as much: pow turns guaranteed due to pow farming.

I did some mediocre heli trip in NZ and they still gave us some freedom to pick our line. Not 30-40 feet wide ribbon for 5-6 people...

I also hired guide service when I was in Japan. That was great with guide asking us what we wanted and gave us as much freedom as possible.

If this isn’t their first legal case brought against them, I would guess it’s for false advertisement. That’s all.

The term you are looking for is turn farming, powder or snow farming involves using fencing to accumulate snow/pow where you want it. Then said snow is usually groomed for some type of activity.
    watch out for snakes

PM rog for turn farming rules and regs.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime