Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    About V Werks + Shift :

Template here : https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...43#post5428943

The binding reinforcement plate screw mount areas dimensions start at 26.2 mm wide and go to 54.2 mm. In other words, the minimum width for a screw pair is about 34 mm.
    => 6 out of 8 screws are inside the H. The 2 other are more or less half inside the H and half outside. That should be enough I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    About V Werks + Shift :
    => 6 out of 8 screws are inside the H. The 2 other are more or less half inside the H and half outside. That should be enough I guess.
    I hadn't seen stuntmambo's post and checked this myself when I was in my shop this afternoon and yes, 6 out of the 8 are inside the H and the other 2 are half in/half out. There's also the front toe 'stud' location which is down the centre line of the ski so is also inside the H - although it only supports the toe open/closed lever.

All this is only necessary if you think that the area within the H pattern is any different and after mounting many of these skis I don't (see my post #4).

And note Norseman's comment that you will find 'voids' within the H pattern.

Katana VWERKS and Vipec /Tecton

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    About V Werks + Shift :

Thanks for the help there fella’s. Been doing loads of research on it this last day or so, and it seems that Volkl now are saying ‘recommended use with marker’ not ‘only use with marker...’

Also found one mention of a marker rep saying that only the tip of the drill bit needs to fall into the H for the warranty to be valid. Lots of different info but I’m pretty confident I’m fine. If two of the toe screws are half in a softer wood, outside the reinforced H then I’m happy with that.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    ......Been doing loads of research on it this last day or so, and it seems that Volkl now are saying ‘recommended use with marker’ not ‘only use with marker...’.
    I mentioned that in my post #4 in this thread back in December. Search jong

Katana VWERKS and Vipec /Tecton

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    I mentioned that in my post #4 in this thread back in December. Search jong
    I’m sure that’s where I got that info from, in that case.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    G3 ion
    Except for that Ion's are heavier than Vipec's

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...ion-12-binding
    http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...schi-vipec-evo
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

My vwerks katana with the G3 ions saw pretty hard skiing, a fair amount of icy groomers on the way to the to goods.
    This is the setup I'm contemplating for my bc skiing.....V-Werks Katana + G3 Ion 12. Boot will be the Atomic Hawx 130 XTD.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    This is the setup I'm contemplating for my bc skiing.....V-Werks Katana + G3 Ion 12. Boot will be the Atomic Hawx 130 XTD.
    I should caution you that skinning with this setup in corn snow is a pain in the ass.

The skis are too wide for steep firm traversing

They ski great though.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

I should caution you that skinning with this setup in corn snow is a pain in the ass.

They ski great though.

And also, I like the Salomon mtn binding better. Toe springs are stronger, and it's simpler.

The G3 ions freeze up in powder, so it's a but of an effort to turn them to ski mode

Every time I do it, for a while I think that it will not happen, then it turns.

The MTN eliminates this problem, no rotation needed.

Too wide? My last 4 pairs of bc skis have all been 112-114 underfoot.....no issues.
    Old's Cool.

First of all thanks for the valuable information provided in this forum!
    Got a pair of the 18/19 V-Werks Mantra. A Print on the ski leads me to <a href="http://www.voelkl.co/vwerks/mounting" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.voelkl.co/vwerks/mounting</a>,
    my first encounter with the H Pattern, it is downloadable for the Katana there.
    No Information about the Mantra, but I assume it's the same for all V-Werks Ski?
    I'd like to mount my Tecton Bindings with Inserts, and after reading everything I found
    I would do so, handle voids I might find, use epoxy and don't worry too much.

Am I right or do you think the Mantra needs special considerations?

I dunno, but I will not mount my V-Werk Mantras with any special considerations or special care when they arrive, nor did I do anything special when I mounted first Vipecs, then Tectons on my BMT122s. The latter has been 100% problem free.

I am fairly light though, so experiences might vary - but I think things will be fine doing a standard mount

for the records: V-Werks Mantra has a titanal band in the midle beeing wide enough to have all screws of the backward binding plate find metal. The front screws are all inside the template.
    Drilled and didn't see any difference in type of wood. Just be careful going too far back: the ski
    gets thinner there and drilling depth becomes a topic.