Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Problem with HI is, if you are a whit guy you'll always be a Haole. No matter how long you are there, how many friends you make, you are always treated differently. You'll never blend in with the locals and many will resent you, no matter how nice a guy you are. Living on a small island, and getting treated like that just gets old. That's what I've heard time and time again from friends who have lived there for significant amounts of time and moved back to the states.
    I've actually heard this complaint multiple times. My hometown is full of rich trustafarians that move to Hawaii for the lifestyle then leave a few years later when they realize they have no roots and get treated differently. It's not so much people being mean, but more or less locals knowing you're not one of them.

The first thing people ask you in Hawaii when you meet is where you went to school. Not college, they're talking about highschool. That's your ticket to being accepted.

There's two exceptions. Married to a local. Saying your spouse is from Hawaii earns you a pass. Being haole but raised in the islands also gets you a pass.

I've had some great Indian food in NZ, but I was starving.

The best sushi I've had was made by a Mexican chef in America.

If I'd to pick a country based on women then Hungary would be a contender wIth the Ukraine 2nd and Italy 3rd.
    But if factoring in culture, food and topographic Northern Italy still wins.
    All 3 cultures have women that knock my socks off

Quote Originally Posted by BCMountainHound View Post
    Understandably, those indigenous populations that have undergone historical (and ongoing) atrocities at the hand of whitey are bit tougher to crack, but it is doable.
    you are probably just too white and so your first clue is that they don't ask you for your status # when you buy gas on the res

If you look racially ambiguous nobody is really sure who you are but less white is better
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

cascadia bitchezzz

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post
    I've actually heard this complaint multiple times. My hometown is full of rich trustafarians that move to Hawaii for the lifestyle then leave a few years later when they realize they have no roots and get treated differently. It's not so much people being mean, but more or less locals knowing you're not one of them.

The first thing people ask you in Hawaii when you meet is where you went to school. Not college, they're talking about highschool. That's your ticket to being accepted.

There's two exceptions. Married to a local. Saying your spouse is from Hawaii earns you a pass. Being haole but raised in the islands also gets you a pass.
    My family is fourth generation Kailua haole and my cousins get smacked around constantly. But that's cause they're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    If I'd to pick a country based on women then Hungary would be a contender wIth the Ukraine 2nd and Italy 3rd.
    I like the way you think.

You have clearly never been to Argentina.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the Uni's up here experianced a surge in interest from Americans when trump got elected eh
    MAGA. One leaving putz at a time. Too bad they just whine and never actually leave.

I like that scene in Dexter where the Russian mob boss explains the benefits of anonymity living in a foreign country. You don’t care politics etc.

Norway is pretty awesome.

In What Country Would You Live if not Your Current Country?

you are probably just too white and so your first clue is that they don't ask you for your status # when you buy gas on the res

If you look racially ambiguous nobody is really sure who you are but less white is better
    It's not restricted to skin tone or race though. I was able to interact in a much more favourable way in Carrier territory than the poor Gitxsan fellow who was on the contract fire crew visiting Ft St James from Smithers.
    Last edited by BCMountainHound; 12-07-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    MAGA. One leaving putz at a time. Too bad they just whine and never actually leave.
    Do you keep your red tRump hat in a showcase or do you wear it every day?

It's a principality, not a country, but I'd do pretty well in Monaco.
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Norway, hands down although I do love where I live in the US.

Viva Mexico amigos! Surf and turf daily in a tiny fishing village. Habla espanol. Burnt skin, mellow waves and margaritas.

Mexico is high on the list. Same with Japanties and Northern Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Maranello, Italy

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You have clearly never been to Argentina.
    It's that obvious?
    I know there are gorgeous woman but I was think more Euro-ish
    I shall reconsider

Quote Originally Posted by BCMountainHound View Post
    It's not restricted to skin tone or race though. I was able to interact in a much more favourable way in Carrier territory than the poor Gitxsan fellow who was on the contract fire crew visiting Ft St James from Smithers.
    Smithers is Wet sueten territory, Gitxsan is further west, a LOT of chiefs eh as the petro industry found out

but yeah FN on FN violence,

a lot of the local towns folk worry about the drunks and street people whom are overwhelmingly FN but they are just being a little drunk/loud, I notice they are only mean to one another cuz nothing will happen, but if they mess with whitey it will bring on the RCMP

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I like that scene in Dexter where the Russian mob boss explains the benefits of anonymity living in a foreign country. You don’t care politics etc.

Norway is pretty awesome.
    Except the reality is that you stick out like a sore thumb in a foreign country. Whitey Bulger lived in plain view as a fugitive on the 10 Most Wanted list in Santa Monica for 15 years while the FBI was chasing leads around the globe.

gun deaths in places like Brazil Argentina Honduras is way higher than the US but you might actualy get to shoot a perp
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-07-2017 at 11:34 AM.

In What Country Would You Live if not Your Current Country?

How about Poland? It’s like Europe...only cheaper. There’s some mountains, lots of vodka, and aren’t calendared for invasion for another two decades.

I have family in Kraków and they seem to like it, but they’re Polish, so...

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

It's that obvious?
    I know there are gorgeous woman but I was think more Euro-ish
    I shall reconsider
    Very Euro-ish, of all types of Euro, plus the cuisine, wine, and topography as well.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Retire: Italy. Hands down, no question, no hesitation, could leave tomorrow.
    Still have to work: Canadia. I don't see our household thriving professionally in another language/culture. Canada is just America with better social services and better access to outdoor fun.
    However many are in a shit ton.