Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Here it is

Need-to-know

DIN: 6-13

NORM: MNC (Multi-Norm Compatible)

SAFETY: TUV Certified

WEIGHT: 1700g/pair 850g/single (ie heavier then Kingpin; lighter then Beast)

ADJUSTMENT RANGE: 30mm

BRAKES SIZE: 90/100/110/120mm

CRAMPONS WAIST WIDTH: 100/120mm

CLIMBING AIDS" 2° & 10°

Name:  Salomon  S_LAB SHIFT MNC Binding.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  168.6 KB

Name:  Salomon  S_LAB SHIFT MNC Binding-1.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  155.4 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Salomon  S_LAB SHIFT MNC Binding-2.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	253.4 KB 
ID:	218278

Microsite - http://shift-bindings.salomon.com/en

Quote Originally Posted by sgsbet86 View Post
    ... I'm only skeptical because I feel like salomon alpine bindings have a short life span. ...g
    Whhaaaat? You must've only skied Z-series or something. The STH/9XX series are some of the most durable clamps in existence.

47mm of elastic travel?

Damn.

Any news on price?

2* and 10* climbing aids? I'm not sure what good 2* does. I'll take the 13* degrees of the Baron these. Interested to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Whhaaaat? You must've only skied Z-series or something. The STH/9XX series are some of the most durable clamps in existence.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    2* and 10* climbing aids? I'm not sure what good 2* does. I'll take the 13* degrees of the Baron these. Interested to learn more.
    With a good set of touring boots (lots of ROM) you should never need your high lifters. Flat and middle will do the job, anything steeper isn't efficient.

Salomon x Pindung = Solydung.

Or maybe = Soly-man-dung.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 12-08-2017 at 05:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

"Whhaaaat? You must've only skied Z-series or something. The STH/9XX series are some of the most durable clamps in existence."

Broke a pair of steel sth 16 1st day of skiing on them, both plastic nubs on wings on 1 binding and 1 on another. Last pair of sth14 have tons of heel wobble after 20 days. Sth2 16 that I currently have are the only binding in my quiver of which i have pre released from. Having to adjust toe wings after the screw stops consistently holding is super annoying. Sure you can adjust them to as boot sole wears out, but this has never been an advantage for me. I know there are a ton of salomon binding fans out there, but I'm not one of them. Pivot18 or old tyrolia/head 18 ftw. Had the chance to buy a bunch of sth steel bindings 2 years for $100 a piece. Could have bought them all and sold them here for a profit while also giving mags a deal but didn't want to sell people bindings that break. Just my opinion, if you like them ski them.

Everything sounds great except
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    WEIGHT: 1700g/pair 850g/single (ie heavier then Kingpin; lighter then Beast)
    Guess I was hoping for a bit less but I can certainly appreciate the advantages it offers for a certain segment of the market.

Broke a pair of steel sth 16 1st day of skiing on them, both plastic nubs on wings on 1 binding and 1 on another. Last pair of sth14 have tons of heel wobble after 20 days. Sth2 16 that I currently have are the only binding in my quiver of which i have pre released from. Having to adjust toe wings after the screw stops consistently holding is super annoying.
    You're having trouble because you're not adjusting them from the beginning to be snug enough in the toe height and width, and possibly the forward pressure is off. Having too much play will make the wing nubs fail, then the width adjustment fails, and the heels get sloppy. I have many, many years of aggressive, high impact skiing on multiple pairs of metal salomons at high din and have never broke a toe nub.

Bindings were mounted by Salomon in Utah, I skied them in brand new boots So if they can't get them dialed. Might have been bad luck but I've just had too many issues with salomon. Every manufacture has their issues, my bad luck has always been with Solly. Never had any issue with pivots or head/tyrolia18. To each their own. I'm just wary on giving amer my money. Hope this binding works out, as I really like the concept. Weight isn't a big concern for me on a binding like this. If it is durable and skis like a alpine binding I'll be very excited. Coming off ACL surgery I'm terrified to ski my dynafit speeds as I don't trust them without locking toe. Probably tour on beasts and accept pain in the ass and weight until I can score something else that provides performance and consistent release/retention.

I've got several pair of STH Steels on skis, and a few new in the box. All have cracked toe wing nubs (they crack on the underside), even the brand-new ones. The plastic nubs aren't molded to fit the metal wings exactly right, so they crack. Been meaning to squirt some epoxy into each one with a syringe, just to make sure it doesn't fall off. Only ever had one nub come off though, and that was in the ski bag during a flight. The boot holds it in place while skiing.

Having to adjust toe wings after the screw stops consistently holding is super annoying.
    Sounds like the ski tech didn't open up the wings before snapping in the boot the first time, and stripped the wing adjustment. Once it's stripped, it's never going to hold while skiing. Something has to give when the forward pressure from the heel rams the boot into wings that are adjusted too narrow.

The toe thing really is pretty ingenious in my opinion. I can't wait to see how these shape up irl.

I've got several pair of STH Steels on skis, and a few new in the box. All have cracked toe wing nubs (they crack on the underside), even the brand-new ones. The plastic nubs aren't molded to fit the metal wings exactly right, so they crack. Been meaning to squirt some epoxy into each one with a syringe, just to make sure it doesn't fall off. Only ever had one nub come off though, and that was in the ski bag during a flight. The boot holds it in place while skiing.
    Exactly my experience. I know people love these bindings but I prefer to deal with other binders than these issues.

Damnit! I was really hoping for a 14 or 15 release value.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Here it is
    Name:  Salomon  S_LAB SHIFT MNC Binding.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  168.6 KB
    Looks absolutely awesome. Stack height looks a bit...elevated. Any idea what the stack is?

Otherwise, looks like a cool design. 47* elastic travel - . Definitely a great travel resort/touring option. I'm guessing (based off of nothing but the number of days their marketing rollout lasted) $795 MSRP... KP is 650, so why not!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    it looks heavy and full of rube goldberg plastic
    thank jah atk understands
    a lot of people want a simple high din lightweight metal touring binder
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Sorry if this was already mentioned, can the brakes be removed or replaced?
    watch out for snakes

So how does the pin to boot interaction work? Only active when touring? Where do they go when skiing?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    So how does the pin to boot interaction work? Only active when touring? Where do they go when skiing?
    They are only active when touring. The boot is further back in Downhill and the pins get covered by the blue block in the toe-piece. That comes up when you push the lever in front down.

I wonder why this means for the cast 2.0. This binding seems to check all the boxes without having to swap anything while being lighter.

Blister's blistery take: http://blistergearreview.com/at-bind...shift-mnc-ep-3

Seems like it replaces the frame binding/Beast16 slot - sidecountry, travel, do-it-all. Leaves plenty of room for dedicated alpine binders that stand up to more abuse, have 16 DIN, and gobs of metalzzz (Pivot, Cast, etc.), and for dedicated touring binders that are lightweight and big day oriented (and also metal) (ATK 14, Mtn, Plum, D-fit, etc.).

ETA: MSRP - $650. The Shift is a multi-norm compatible, DIN-certified alpine binding. It is also a tech binding with pins. It weighs 865 grams per binding, and will have a suggested retail price of $650, hitting stores next fall. https://www.powder.com/gear-locker/t...lpine-binding/
    Last edited by meter-man; 12-08-2017 at 12:09 PM.