Telluride Dec 10-14, 2017

Talk about poor timing. We are heading out with my fiancé’s school ski trip to WROD at Telluride. I am interested in any touring in the local vicinity or some mountain biking. I will be bringing my touring set up in addition to trail biking gear. Let me know if you are interested via PM.
    I have my AIARE II.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

No beta or hook up from me, but let me know how it looks when you get back. I'm taking my AIARE 1 through SJMG out of Ouray over NYE...I'm pretty worried about the snow levels, though there's still a few weeks to go.

Other than man-made they have almost no snow on the ground. Check their webcams. YTD total is 14", and that has been cooked off by the high altitude sun. You should have some good groomer zooming, but no one is going in the bc. The mountain biking is still excellent if you get lower. It is expected to continue to be dry for the next week. I'd strongly suggest hitting Phil's World on your bike, which is down by Cortez and a little over an hour drive. If you google it you should find lots of info.

It is world class high desert single track. The system is well signed and includes several clockwise loops. Just keep taking left turns (except for the Stinky Cutoff) if you want to do the whole thing. It takes about 3 hours, but you can easily leave some out if you choose. Don't bother with the flat open stuff along the highway right off the parking lot, unless you have little kids. The only hassle is spotting the unmarked turn off the highway. It's right across from the Fairgrounds. Just keep looking left, if you miss the turn you'll see the parking lot, porta potties and a few cars.
    Gravity Junkie

In these conditions, I'd think you could find rides around town, possibly including The Galloping Goose for a mellow cruise up to Lizardhead.

Closer than Phil's, down in Ridgway is the RAT (Ridgway Area Trails).

Around Dolores (on the way to Cortez) is the Boggy Draw Loop.
    Last edited by Alpinord; 12-06-2017 at 08:50 AM.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Thanks guys!!!
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.