Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Actually, it's TGR's thread and you're merely a player, a performer and portrayer. The rest of your post is just jibber jabber about training in private hunting dog schools. I don't know about those but your original post was indicting the military and police for their abuse of the animals. I don't agree by way of my own experience.

so forcing a dog into battle is not abusive?

shooting guns and bombs off around dogs isnt abuse

a·buse
    verb
    əˈbyo͞oz/Submit
    use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse.
    "the judge abused his power by imposing the fines"
    synonyms: misuse, misapply, misemploy; More
    treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.
    "riders who abuse their horses should be prosecuted"
    synonyms: mistreat, maltreat, ill-treat, treat badly; More
    noun
    əˈbyo͞os/Submit
    the improper use of something.
    "alcohol abuse"
    synonyms: misuse, misapplication, misemployment; More
    cruel and violent treatment of a person or animal.
    "a black eye and other signs of physical abuse"
    synonyms: mistreatment, maltreatment, ill-treatment; More
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

you support the military

i dont

you're wrong

i am right
    Zone Controller

Funny to watch someone make claims with no evidence and then whine when challenged. Do continue.
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by flyandski365 View Post
    Funny to watch someone make claims with no evidence and then whine when challenged. Do continue.
    Everything is self evident. Use critical thought.

I'm not going to link or post pictures of the two dozen or so American military German shepards piled up dead in Kuwait. I'm not going to post the videos of the dogs being trained and forced to rip the flesh off human extremities.

Contending that military and police dogs are free of abuse and "happy" is an absurdity

I shouldn't be surprised as you regularly lie to yourselves, so why wouldn't you lie to the community
    Zone Controller

Sweet Jesus digidrew is getting fucking SCHOOLED in this thread, damn!

I have a hunting lab and have been around a ton of trainers as well as coached by some of the best. You most definitely don't train a puppy/dog by fear you unformed dolt. You train by praise. Dogs learn sooooo much faster via positive reinforcement than beating them. Dogs by nature want to please their master/alpha. Training to that trait is crucial in the training process.
    This training premise is no different across the field of K-9's.

Imbecile status for drew
    10/10

Both of my golden retrievers went through training at commercial operation run by a former military police dog handler.

His strict rule was you couldnt, shouldn't correct a dog to train it. Only ever reward correct behaviour or response to a command. First by food treats then with play with a favorite toy.

He consulted to local police departments and used same methods with them.

As do several other professional dog handlers I know and all good dog owners.

DD continues to exhibit his complete lack of knowledge in any given subject. It's no longer even mildly amusing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

As are you - some one gave you really bad genes.

Ah fuck, you know who I'm referring to albeit a page too late.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    As are you - some one gave you really bad genes.
    Dick Cheney?

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    you support the military

i dont

you're wrong

i am right
    Paging DD's Mom. Did you drop this dolt on his head?

Yes, I do support the military but that isn't the point of this thread. You claim the dogs are abused in training and in use. I will again say, no they're not. In fact, here's an article you should read to maybe enlighten you as to how dogs are generally trained.

https://stories.barkpost.com/discove...ary-standards/

And another piece that might be interesting, at least for some others.

https://stories.barkpost.com/10-thin...military-dogs/
    Last edited by GoldMember; 12-06-2017 at 09:13 PM.

I'm not going to link or post pictures of the two dozen or so American military German shepards piled up dead in Kuwait. I'm not going to post the videos of the dogs being trained and forced to rip the flesh off human extremities.
    The real reason you didn't post this up was because it had absolutely NOTHING to do with US military working dogs or their training and treatment. It's regarding dogs who were trained by a private US company, USK9 in Louisiana and contracted to Kuwait National Petroleum Company who then overworked and neglected the dogs to the point of them being euthanized due to aggression and various health problems. Were these animals abused in training? Don't know. Were they abused by their private company Kuwaiti handlers? It appears so, based on this article (warning; somewhat graphic picture of the dogs after they were euthanized) http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...e85568492.html

Again, nothing to do with military working dogs. It's a story of animal abuse in what amounts to a third-world country. Nothing new about that. People don't view animals with the same regard as we do in many of these places. Quit trying to foist the poor form of others into a parlay of what happens here, especially with regard to claiming animal abuse by others as being the standard for what our military trainers do. Your strawman is on fire.

The real reason you didn't post this up was because it had absolutely NOTHING to do with US military working dogs or their training and treatment. It's regarding dogs who were trained by a private US company, USK9 in Louisiana and contracted to Kuwait National Petroleum Company who then overworked and neglected the dogs to the point of them being euthanized due to aggression and various health problems. Were these animals abused in training? Don't know. Were they abused by their private company Kuwaiti handlers? It appears so, based on this article (warning; somewhat graphic picture of the dogs after they were euthanized) http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...e85568492.html

Again, nothing to do with military working dogs. It's a story of animal abuse in what amounts to a third-world country. Nothing new about that. People don't view animals with the same regard as we do in many of these places. Quit trying to foist the poor form of others into a parlay of what happens here, especially with regard to claiming animal abuse by others as being the standard for what our military trainers do. Your strawman is on fire.
    nothing to do with military working dogs except that they were military working dogs

the very nature of breeding these dogs is abusive and exploitative

private military and US military are increasingly indistinguishable from each other. all you will find from web searches is pro military stuff
    there is information about the military torturing and killing various other types of animals

i stand by my claim that military and police dogs are inherently abused / this is a given

not my problem all you bootlickers cant see the truth
    Zone Controller

there are no centralized official records either for the dogs or their handlers

"Why do we choose to intentionally harm dogs and other animals whom we claim we love?"

an ethical question not everyone is ready for
    Zone Controller

lets put all our trust into the us military

what could go wrong
    Zone Controller

My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.
    FIFY
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Digidrew doubling down on the dumb.
    Come on man, put in some effort.

-10/10

How come no one ever trained Andrew?
    I still call it The Jake.

i dont support the military

therefore

i dont support military dogs

u r dumb and have poor ethics if you believe police and military dogs are abuse free

golly that would be something

i imagine police dogs suffer more than military dogs day to day but military dogs suffer great trauma and anxiety that they will likely never recover from, just like the troops
    Zone Controller

nothing to do with military working dogs except that they were military working dogs
    No, they were not military dogs. They were trained bomb-sniffing dogs intended for security for a Kuwaiti oil company, presumably to try and assure miscreants don't blow up their stuff, ala Sadaam's scorched earth policy at the end of Desert Storm. These dogs were trained by a private company for that purpose. That company had no involvement in the deaths of the animals. Eastern Securities who had the contract with KNPC claims that the dogs were killed by a competitor who placed a vet tech into their employ who then killed the dogs and sent evidence back to the competitor. That guy is now under arrest by the Kuwaiti officials. The other side of the story is that Eastern Securities allegedly, not proven, mishandled and abused the animals, ultimately euthanizing them due to age and/or health.

None of this implies anything having to do with the military, U.S. or otherwise. It's private business having gone bad and the end result was the animals were euthanized, which happens everyday in the U.S. with private pets as they are aged or diseased. With all that stated, the military isn't part of this story and your strawman is still burning.

No, they were not military dogs. They were trained bomb-sniffing dogs intended for security for a Kuwaiti oil company, presumably to try and assure miscreants don't blow up their stuff, ala Sadaam's scorched earth policy at the end of Desert Storm. These dogs were trained by a private company for that purpose. That company had no involvement in the deaths of the animals. Eastern Securities who had the contract with KNPC claims that the dogs were killed by a competitor who placed a vet tech into their employ who then killed the dogs and sent evidence back to the competitor. That guy is now under arrest by the Kuwaiti officials. The other side of the story is that Eastern Securities allegedly, not proven, mishandled and abused the animals, ultimately euthanizing them due to age and/or health.

None of this implies anything having to do with the military, U.S. or otherwise. It's private business having gone bad and the end result was the animals were euthanized, which happens everyday in the U.S. with private pets as they are aged or diseased. With all that stated, the military isn't part of this story and your strawman is still burning.

so this directly relates to the US military and the military industrial complex but since a private company committed the heinous act we treat as business as usual.

and the US company that has commodified dogs and trains and sells dogs to police and federal agencies is infallible because they are just doing business

yet nobody has respnded to the idea of forcing an innocent animal into the battlefield, as a disposable buffer for humans... that is ethical and acceptable?

i may not be 100% on the ball but at least im not the one defending the us military and worshipping them as some type of well oiled machine deserving of ultimate veneration - that is sad as fuck
    Zone Controller

sorry

but this is the US military and the DOD

"Eastern Securities is an American Company that was contracted by the Kuwaiti government to provide security in and around oil fields;"

read between the lines

looks like the us military is de facto responsible for the slaughter of those 2 dozen german shepards

thanks for helping me dig into it
    Zone Controller

Eastern Securities was a company owned by Bill Baisey, aka Fathalla Balbeisi. This is what was stated in a New York Post article about him:

“They are a terrible, terrible company,” says Roger Abshire of USK9 Unlimited, which cut ties with Eastern Securities in 2008. “I inspected and had people on top of this, and [Eastern Securities CEO Bill] Baisey didn’t like it,” Abshire says. “Handlers weren’t getting paid on time. They weren’t getting dog food on time.”

The dogs are CWDs — civilian working dogs, trained to detect explosives at oil refineries."

https://nypost.com/2016/06/24/ex-wor...dogs-to-death/

Again, nothing to do with the military. Again, your loose linkage of blame to the military is a weak strawman (still in flames).

I don't agree with everything the military does and they certainly do make mistakes but this thread was about the dogs. If you want to argue your disbelief in our military, start another thread about that topic. This one's dead.

obviously, digidrew has not considered the hyundai corporation's relationship to fascist state.

who do you think was in kuwait advising the kuwaiti govt and referring them to company like ES ?

this has everything to do with the military

i was bringing attention to police dogs but military dogs clearly suffer abuse too, so thank for pointing that out
    Zone Controller

who do you think was in kuwait advising the kuwaiti govt and referring them to company like ES ?

this has everything to do with the military
    Oh? Prove it. You have yet to put up anything to support your bias and have only blathered on about how the police and military abuse animals or are somehow responsible for the actions of a bad actor. I found this nice picture of your argument to remind you of your status: 0.1/10

prove what?
    ha

The United States provides military and defense technical assistance to Kuwait from both foreign military sales and commercial sources. U.S. personnel assist the Kuwait military with training, education, readiness, and war fighting.

private contractors do not absolve the US military of responsiblity, maybe for a bootlicker

i mean if you were a policy maker or with the ministry of truth this might play, but not in reality
    Zone Controller