Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What if your whole house could be Man Cave - ultimate house design ideas

Like title says. What if you had no wife , no kids and had a blank slate to put in whatever you want...what does that look like?
    This would be old house and not necessarily a new construction...but maybe doesn't matter.....
    Vendors, sources, suppliers.....let's have it

ski tuning room ( no longer pushed to the garage or in a box to bring out when needed)

Equipment room ( all sports , best racks, shelves, cabinets)

Pool, trophy room

office, study, library

Entertainment (tv, video, stereo, games, etc)

kitchen

baths

sleeping quarters ( primary , for guests, for lots of guests, like bunk room, etc)

Lets see and hear your best ideas

ultimate garage (for working on projects, snowmobile storage, air systems, jacks , lifts, entertainment, fridges, whatever)

www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

some stuff here, but not whole house Man Cave

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ultimate+house

Bring the pics !
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Somewhere between this

and this

And some of this.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

We used ride dirt bikes out of a buddy's house that had all that. 3 car garage and work shop. Mud room into party room with a wet bar and pinball machines and video games. Projection tv. And a killer sound system. Upstairs had a giant living room and a beautiful pool table.
    He didn't ski but had snowmobiles, jet skis and a sweet sailboat. Pretty bummed when he moved to Florida to take care of his dad

Sent from my LGMS330 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

You hit a lot of what I'd put in. The biggest other thing I'd want is a two story library and a cinema setup.

So
    1. 2 story library
    2. Soft goods and smaller parts gear room, good organization
    3. Bikes and skis room
    4. Bike and ski tuning room
    5. Full woodshop
    6. Small metal and autoshop (I'm more aspirational here than practiced)
    7. Home cinema
    8. Big fenced yard for my dog(s)
    9. Lots of garage bays.
    10. I'd like the house to have a modern or lodge aesthetic. I'd want to have a large open central space though for parties and a bedroom suite set off from the main parts of the house.

I came across basically the ideal house for me recently. It had a 3 story, 5 bay garage that would have served for about half of these things. Unfortunately it isn't really in the right place.

Professional-grade kitchen area (stainless counters, etc) for brewing: walk-in cooler, full kegging system, etc.

More modest than some of the other ideas, but a buddy put this in the house he's building and I thought it was pretty genius: washing machine and dryer in a walk-in closet in the master bedroom. No more clothes hampers, dirty clothes go right in the washer.

Again, this may be a little on the humble side, but heated floors everywhere, not just in the bathrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    More modest than some of the other ideas, but a buddy put this in the house he's building and I thought it was pretty genius: washing machine and dryer in a walk-in closet in the master bedroom. No more clothes hampers, dirty clothes go right in the washer.
    I’ve always wondered why the laundry facilities are as far away as possible from where you take off your clothes.

already got it.

2 TV's in the living room, smoking cigars is welcome and it's 20 seconds to the fridge.

only thing that would make it better is if I had all the sports and movie channels I won't pay for, for free and jenny McCarthy was the maid.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

One big master suite, an office and a nice kitchen. Full entertainment set up in the living room. Then I’d want a 4 car garage for the truck, Moto, bikes, skis, shop, etc. lots of storage in there too. No need to have any of that in the house

- wood working shop
    - metal working shop
    - paint/finish shop
    - music room
    - library
    - entertainment spaces

Numero uno would be budget for maid/house cleaning service.

2nd is garage/shed. All outdoor toy stuff in garage for service and ease of loading. Heated, lighting, fridge, sound, TV, etc. etc. My garage has a small kitchen. Goal was/is to try and keep me out of the house, to try and keep house a presentable space.

Steam shower = so friggin nice. Outdoor hot tub.

Pool table = meh with my crowd. Siting on asses and drinking always a hit. So bar, or kitchen bar.

Pinball, poker or slot machine = maybe.

Entertainment system = don't get carried away. Some stuff last a lifetime, others are obsolete in a year or two. For instance I have really nice systems in living and master bed, but neither work with HDMI stuff.

I'd have to say that all my bike and ski tools along with associated vices and Park stand would be in the living room.

Freudian slip- I meant to say vises. Although it is important to keep your vices close.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Ground level
    4 car garage, one bay with a post lift and one bay with a ramp lift.
    30x30 general shop with ski bench on one wall, bike bench next to that with two sided bike stand and ski/board stone grinder in between
    Wood and metal shop on the other side with small machine shop with presses, grinders and lathes
    Indoor lap pool with assorted gym machines around it
    Entertainment center with full wet bar, pool table, pinball etc and big screen with killer sound system
    Main floor
    Open floor plan with large fireplace/pit and kitchen in the center and mostly glass walls
    Corners each have-
    Library
    Den
    Office
    Dining/Party room with wet bar
    Upper level
    This would ideally be an open loft with three living quarters each with its own bathroom.

Whole house would have radiant heating and ambient sound controlled from anywhere in the house. There should also be a wraparound deck and full wet bar with hot tub facing the ski slope. Ideally there would be at least a 3-500 vertical foot treed slope behind the house with lift access for both ski and mt bike use. Snowmaking would ensure optimal conditions and as long a season as temps permit. There would also be a variety of mt bike trails, a pump track and skills park and a small lake with sand beach but I could be convinced that a wave pool is more appropriate than a lake. Of course there will also be a greenhouse to supply proper greenery year round. There should also be several winterized RV pads with full hookups.

I figure I could do this with ~500 acres and be mostly content.

My man cave would be the Chugach Mtn range. With a a 5 heli garage. I win, shut down this thread!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

In the process of gathering ideas in this as we’re gonna remodel our house soon although we have 3 kids. My non-negotiables are:
    - sauna in basement
    - steam shower in master bath
    - outdoor hot tub
    - outdoor shower
    - full man cave basement w/ bar and shuffle board table
    - 4 stall insulated garage
    - professional kitchen
    - barn (already exists) for all storage and shop needs
    - wrap around porch
    - 5’x4’ wood burning fireplace

Outside of that i’m content with whatever my wife picks out although have forgotten what it’s like to be a bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    In the process of gathering ideas in this as we’re gonna remodel our house soon although we have 3 kids. My non-negotiables are:
    - sauna in basement
    - steam shower in master bath
    - outdoor hot tub
    - outdoor shower
    - full man cave basement w/ bar and shuffle board table
    - 4 stall insulated garage
    - professional kitchen
    - barn (already exists) for all storage and shop needs
    - wrap around porch
    - 5’x4’ wood burning fireplace

Outside of that i’m content with whatever my wife picks out although have forgotten what it’s like to be a bachelor.
    something tells me you're going to be negotiating your non-negotiables. Or the divorce settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    something tells me you're going to be negotiating your non-negotiables. Or the divorce settlement.
    She’s already agreed to it all, it’s the shit that “I don’t care about” that will get me in trouble...like floors, appliances or flow of the house. Barn is 100% mine and I plan on spending a lot of time there, I foresee a bigass tv overlooking the bonfire pit for college football in the fall.

bouldering wall.. duh

attached greenhouse with rainforest style plants/trees, waterfall and small pond with some fishies in it. this is where my fly tying table would go

music studio

gym room, nothing crazy

4 bay garage with car lift(s), 4th bay would be a dedicated workshop

roof deck

lofted ceilings where possible, honestly one of my favorite interior features

Secret passageway.

What if your whole house could be Man Cave - ultimate house design ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Secret passageway.
    to..?

Safe room, another part of the house; doesn't really matter. But the hinged book or candelabra are requisite.

Did work on a home with an underground escape tunnel connected to the pool house. Which was nicer than my house.

Doing some work in a downtown condo, 12th floor overlooking Boston Harbor with an indoor hockey room. You never know when you might want to go shoot some pucks against the padded walls...

Butterfly rooms are in now, too.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!