Thread: Socal 2018

Socal 2018

well I'm sitting here waiting for it LOL. Anyone have any missions planned when we get a dump? I'm starting to jones might go to mammoth and ride some corduroy!!!!!

Fun turns on Baldy this last Saturday...on my mountain bike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171202_125728.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	217978

That has to be a hell of a ride. Up from the resort and over the back bone? Same descent?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Fun turns on Baldy this last Saturday...on my mountain bike
    Very nice! How tough was the climb? Had to be 99% pushing on the final pitch.

Sticksplit:

What zones are you jonesing to check out?

I've done a few missions, but can never get that deep deep if you know what I mean.
    "Dumping on Breck right now. Could be big if it doesn't stop." - fastfred
    "It has snowed, therefore Vail Pass is closed." - Kevo
    "This storm was a bust for most areas and the next two weeks doesn’t look good." - WTF is dat
    "Gratz is saying pattern change Dec 20. Today's the 6th so.... two weeks." - Bean
    "Almost no snow so far, the Sunday/Monday storm looks like a dud, and a giant ridge is expected over the entire western half of the country for the next couple weeks. If the current forecast holds, we're looking at the lowest snowpack in at least the last 30 years according to today's Wasatch Weather Weenies post." - frosted flakes

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    That has to be a hell of a ride. Up from the resort and over the back bone? Same descent?
    Up from Manker flat. I have also done it as a loop from the Village. This time we ended in San Antonio Heights, 9700 vert ft of down almost all on trail.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Very nice! How tough was the climb? Had to be 99% pushing on the final pitch.
    More like carry. It is not easy above the notch...I blame living at sea level.

Hmm, so you took the fire road to the Notch instead of the lift? And weren't able to pedal much after the top of 4? I've been itching to try it, thanks for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Hmm, so you took the fire road to the Notch instead of the lift? And weren't able to pedal much after the top of 4? I've been itching to try it, thanks for any advice.
    Correct, no lift and not much riding on the backbone.