Tele mount point for Moment Bibby/Blister Pro?

Pulled the trigger on some 190 Blister Pro's (same ski as the Bibby, different graphics), which are on their way. Psyched!

Sounds like for alpine, the consensus mount point is: right on the line. I was thinking 1-2cm back for tele.

Anybody skiing these tele? Got an opinion on tele mount point?

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Pulled the trigger on some 190 Blister Pro's (same ski as the Bibby, different graphics), which are on their way. Psyched!

Sounds like for alpine, the consensus mount point is: right on the line. I was thinking 1-2cm back for tele.

Anybody skiing these tele? Got an opinion on tele mount point?
    I mounted -3 based on the advice from of the fellas at Moment skis. But I warn you, it was more fun norpining than tele with that setup. And then I stopped tele altogether after 20 years. Haven’t looked back. You’ve been warned.

I have older and shorter ones. I mounted them boot center on the line. No regrets.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Well, splitting the diff here winds up 1.5 back. Which is pretty much what I was thinking, so I guess that might as well be the call.

Any other opinions are encouraged though (telemarking is fkn stupid, etc.)

Face plants are fun!

Take your tele boot center (toe to heal minus the duckbill) and mount that on boot center.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Mount them backwards first. That's always fun.

In my amazingly extensive experience, if you’re skiing a burly, active tele binding and have a compact stance, mount your boot center on the most recommended alpine position. If you’re rocking old school low knee technique and a floppy binding, go back 2 cm.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    In my amazingly extensive experience, if you’re skiing a burly, active tele binding and have a compact stance, mount your boot center on the most recommended alpine position. If you’re rocking old school low knee technique and a floppy binding, go back 2 cm.
    Well, no NTN here, but Scott Synergy (same boot as Garmont Ener-G, *not* same as Garmont Synergy - idiots), which is a beefy 4-buckle boot. Will be mounted with Axl's, to be skied in position 2 (middle).

My stance varies, anywhere from p-turns (tight trees where there's no room/time to t-turn, and groomers, 'cause it's more fun/less energy to rail p-turns), to fairly low (the chunkier/bumpier it gets, the lower you have to go, to avoid aforementioned face plants). Normally, I suppose I am right in the middle - not super compact or super low.

At times (soft crud mostly) I really do like to drive/carve my rear ski (rear foot being on toe being what moving the mount point back is all about), so some seems like a good idea...?

Any other input, having described my setup?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I am a monkey boy, and this made me laugh. I ski floppy to burly as your mountain momma bindings and generally mount my boot center to the recommended alpine boot center line. I also prefer to ski with not one but two knees touching my skis while performing the latest in ski ballet spins and step overs.

A competent and strong (not burly) tell skier is very adaptable in their style and technique (and binding). And on the line vs 1cm back ain't gonna do much.

Finally, let's hear the theories about how an active burly mtn momma tele clamp with amazingly extreme tip pressure is gonna not tip dive more versus a wimpy floppy whimpy urban daddy's binding if mounted at the same spot.