189cm K2 Pettitor 120 Mounting Point

Just bought a pair of 189cm K2 Pettitors as my first designated powder ski for a trip to Alaska in February. I've seen mixed input on suggested mount point on the forums and could use some clarity. I'm 5'11, 175lbs and consider myself more of an aggressive charger with an occasional spin here and there, but would not consider myself a freestyle skier. I will mostly be skiing steeper terrain and between trees in Utah, PNW, AK, etc.

Center of the ski sits at +7.5, so I am thinking something like +2.5 or 3.

Thanks in advance!

I have my pair mounted at - 3 from center and I wouldn't change it if I did it again

Sent from my VS988 using TGR Forums mobile app

I have a pair of the 179s I mounted at +7.5 at the center of the ski. I like the way it skis from here but will probably move to +4.5-5 ish in the future. I can't ski switch hardly, just mounted em in the center because my other skis are mounted there.

Im 5'11" 165 btw. I think the 189 would ski great from the center, the 179 is basically awesome there, just takes a little effort/speed to keep the tips planing.

Thanks Skerby. Do the 179's ski like 179's or shorter? Wondering if I went too big with the 189's.

Quote Originally Posted by Skerby View Post
    I have a pair of the 179s I mounted at +7.5 at the center of the ski. I like the way it skis from here but will probably move to +4.5-5 ish in the future. I can't ski switch hardly, just mounted em in the center because my other skis are mounted there.

Im 5'11" 165 btw. I think the 189 would ski great from the center, the 179 is basically awesome there, just takes a little effort/speed to keep the tips planing.

My other ski is a 184 Surface Balance (Live life). The surfaces ski shorter than the Pettitor, and would be my choice in tight trees. Feel like the Pettitor is most happy making big turns and going fast. I really want to try the 189, if only to have a center mounted ski that I could really drive the tips of.

The Surface are my resort ski, I have kingpins on the pettitors. Since I've only ever toured on them my opinion might suck.

I have 189 surface one life's, and they ski way shorter than 179 pettitors. The surfaces also have some pretty stupid rocker, while the pettitor has a more subtle rise.

Sent from my VS988 using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanks fellas. Interesting feedback. 181 Black Crow Camox (awesome set of sticks) is my daily driver with a decent amount of camber. Hoping I didn't get too far ahead of myself with the 189's.