Ankle MRI translator needed.....

My wife wrecked her bike and her ankle about 4 weeks ago. Went to the doctor, x-rays were negative on anything broken. Doc basically told her to walk it off. This was 3 weeks ago. She requested an MRI due to the continuing pain level and continued swelling. She finally got in this week. MRI results show:

1. Acute nondisplaced fracture involving the posterior malleolus. Areas of edema identified along the lateral and anterolateral edges of the articular surface of the tibia, favored to represent contusions.
    2. Complete tear of the anterior talofibular ligament. Suspected tear of the anterior tibiofibular syndesmosis.
    3. Ankle joint effusion seen.

She is concerned about the fracture and walking on it. On top of this she is headed out for 2 weeks of travel tomorrow. Everything I have read for the tear is stabilize and walk on it, the fracture could be an operative repair. Anyone have any interpretations?

Generally... Surgical intervention would be indicated if the fracture involves more than 25% of the articular surface.

conservative treatment for this type of injury is generally successful. Conservative treatment for this type of fracture is usually along the lines of - immobilization for up to 6 weeks with progressive wt bearing.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app