Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Why is 4FRNT blowing it this year?

I bought my skis in September and they still haven't arrived.

Are they just torturing me or is everyone else getting f'd by them too?

They've given me the run around for almost 2 months and bought last years Hoji's...

They haven't been willing to make things right at all and only offered to toss in a shit hat made in china.

Probably because Levinthal bought 4FRNT out. That must be it.

Is this another Boo-tique thread?

Bummer, they weren't transparent that the skis I bought in September wouldn't ship until December.
    This will be my last pair of skis from them, RIP

The website says shipping December 5... like right on top, above the product description. It's in black text on a white background.

, I got my last year's Hoji 2 months ago. Lucked out I guess. Might end up selling them new zero mounts.

Is there even snow where you're at? I mean why not just blast rocks with an old pair of skis?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Praxis RX
    ^^^ What I think you meant to say...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I see this as the last kick at the can for them.

they dont have a dealer network (maybe that is the new way to go in ski retail for a smaller company) but if they are wrong, they can't really go back. Dealers wont touch them for a while

They have a loyal, hard core, internet savy following, but if they dont deliver, or communicate well, that crowd (TGR) is fickle and will go find the next great thing and fast.

other small companies are again in the mix, also making great skis, and can also make an idea get to snow, and get to consumers in a short turn around (1-2 months, rather then a 1-2 years for the "big guys")

hope they stay around, I really like them, but its not looking good.

and if anyone wants to sell a raven (other then the first gen, dual side cut version) let me know

Not looking good. The retail window for skis like they make is small. The window being the short time frame before Christmas when people are willing to pay full MSRP.

I hope they don't die out. It's like the craft beer/mega brand stuff. Companies like ON3P, 4Frnt, Lithic, need to stick around and be unique and fun.

Their new business model seems like it will be successful if they can ship skis.

Hoping for the best for them. They push out good shapes from their ownathletes designs... ironically unique for this industry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fiedler View Post
    I hope they don't die out. It's like the craft beer/mega brand stuff. Companies like ON3P, 4Frnt, Lithic, need to stick around and be unique and fun.
    Word. Drop Praxis into there...still super sad PMGear failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stairmaster View Post
    Is there even snow where you're at? I mean why not just blast rocks with an old pair of skis?
    Nope, I got all my shit stolen. That's why I ordered my skis early September so I wouldn't have to deal with the long line at the local dealer to mount my skis too. They said mid November, then changed it to before Thanksgiving, then they just put December 5th on their website? Tight.

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawking View Post
    That's why I ordered my skis early September so I wouldn't have to deal with the long line at the local dealer to mount my skis too.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=232898

All my shit was stolen while I was moving...

Ordered my daughter some little yle’s. They said 5-7 on the email. 2+ weeks. No Skis. Called, no answer, email, no answer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

From their Instagram it looks like they just got in a container(s) of skis from the factory in Europe and are shipping orders now.

Sucks for customers. I’m a big 4FRNT fan, I ordered the OG Renegade in 2010 and they were a month or so late, got them around Xmas. Sucked, but worth the wait.

The other pairs I’ve always waited until spring to get them on sale.

why would there be any wait at all for last year's hojis?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I've gotten 6 pairs of 4frnt skis since 2009. Loved the team, loved the skis, loved the company. Posted many very positive and detailed reviews. Not a fan of JLev.

Ordered another pair in August, told October 1st delivery...then told November 1st delivery...then told 3rd or 4th week of November delivery...end of November still no skis.

Cancelled my order.

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. They burned a LOT of support from key and influential people and word of mouth support when they fucked the shops over with cut rate online pricing at the beginning of the season a few years ago.

That was the beginning of the end. JLev buying was the middle of the end. Going direct marketing is the end of the end. JLev selling to a multinational conglomerate and 4frnt going the way of line, k2, Armada, etc. is the ultimate end (read: goal).

Either that, or 4frnt goes the way of Surface, Bluehouse, 333, etc.

Moving on to ON3P, Down, Black Crows, and Lithic, all of which definitely have my interest.

RIP 4frnt.

BTW, I hope I'm wrong on all accounts. That would make me happy. But we've all seen this show before, so I fear I'm not.

Between this 4frnt fiasco, and Lange changing the soleblock pattern on the Freetour after 1 iteration, and the Look WTR only options... it's like left is up, and red is slow.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 12-02-2017 at 02:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    I've gotten 6 pairs of 4frnt skis since 2009. Loved the team, loved the skis, loved the company. Posted many very positive and detailed reviews. Not a fan of JLev.

Ordered another pair in August, told October 1st delivery...then told November 1st delivery...then told 3rd or 4th week of November delivery...end of November still no skis.

Cancelled my order.

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. They burned a LOT of support from key and influential people and word of mouth support when they fucked the shops over with cut rate online pricing at the beginning of the season a few years ago.

That was the beginning of the end. JLev buying was the middle of the end. Going direct marketing is the end of the end. JLev selling to a multinational conglomerate and 4frnt going the way of line, k2, Armada, etc. is the ultimate end (read: goal).

Either that, or 4frnt goes the way of Surface, Bluehouse, 333, etc.

Moving on to ON3P, Down, Black Crows, and Lithic, all of which definitely have my interest.

RIP 4frnt.

BTW, I hope I'm wrong on all accounts. That would make me happy. But we've all seen this show before, so I fear I'm not.

Between this 4frnt fiasco, and Lange changing the soleblock pattern on the Freetour after 1 iteration, and the Look WTR only options... it's like left is up, and red is slow.
    Can confirm, ON3P and Black Crows are awesome people to deal with and make great skis!

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    why would there be any wait at all for last year's hojis?
    My thoughts exactly. Aren’t they just sitting in a garage somewhere stateside? Hope things work out for 4frnt, cool to see the MSP back.

Well shit. I guess I'll start hoarding Hoji's.

Is kye Peterson still on the team? Great skier,hate his pro model. It's no more why?
    Hoji latest instagram features a black crows renegade knock off....
    How/why does anyone ski line noodles?

Got an email stating that they just got so many Black Friday sales that shipping backed up.

Except we ordered well before Black Friday......

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear