Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Bummer to hear this. Not getting back to people who might be understanding if kept in the loop is pretty much a death knell of an indie brand.

yeah, DPS used to be cool too
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Aren’t they just sitting in a garage somewhere stateside? Hope things work out for 4frnt, cool to see the MSP back.
    So I think what happens is that Elan builds out the order for the year and ships them over, but they have materials left over to account for wasteage, mistakes, etc that they can use to make a few more after the initial order is placed. I doubt it’s financially viable to ship them over right away, so they hang out til there’s a container ready to go.

One year an entire container of skis got held up because there was a dock worker’s strike on the East Coast somewhere.

It’s also possible that in moving from SLC to VT they got held up.

It’s a real shame it’s all going down like this.

you mean they are'nt made by some cool bro in a, mountain town wearing a toque and a branded T-shirt ?

I've had my Inthaynes for a while now.. still new and not mounted up though. Sucks everyone is having troubles. I think J Lev really does have the best intentions for 4F, but I hope everything works out!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you mean they are'nt made by some cool bro in a, mountain town wearing a toque and a branded T-shirt ?
    Just your Renegades

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    So I think what happens is that Elan builds out the order for the year and ships them over, but they have materials left over to account for wasteage, mistakes, etc that they can use to make a few more after the initial order is placed. I doubt it’s financially viable to ship them over right away, so they hang out til there’s a container ready to go.

One year an entire container of skis got held up because there was a dock worker’s strike on the East Coast somewhere.

It’s also possible that in moving from SLC to VT they got held up.

It’s a real shame it’s all going down like this.
    Makes sense, but does not explain not delivering last years models

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Makes sense, but does not explain not delivering last years models
    They may have had a few of last years’ skis sitting in an Elan warehouse waiting for this years’ skis to come over

it means they did it on purpose, or the FNG's don't know the ski line up at all and can't tell the difference between last year's and this year.

Yeah, I don’t know the situation. Did they say they would ship immediately then didn’t? Or were they just for sale with the same ship date as 18s?

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    They may have had a few of last years’ skis sitting in an Elan warehouse waiting for this years’ skis to come over
    Gotcha. Thought you were saying the container was waiting for the extra's.

Wiley Miller just announced he's parting ways with 4FRNT. It's starting to seem like you can kiss this brand goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Wiley Miller just announced he's parting ways with 4FRNT. It's starting to seem like you can kiss this brand goodbye.
    Damn, that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by phallic-menace View Post
    Is kye Peterson still on the team? Great skier,hate his pro model. It's no more why?
    Hoji latest instagram features a black crows renegade knock off....
    How/why does anyone ski line noodles?
    The Black Crows in that pic is from one of the guys at Handlebar at Blackcomb (apres ski bar). Hence the H sticker...

So... this is the 4FRNT eulogy thread?

It’s never good reading these types of things. I’ve owned three iterations of the Renegade. Rad ski in the right conditions.

I️ had no idea they relocated to Vermont.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I wonder if 4FRNT knows that Wiley left. They still have his pic and profile on their site.

And Kye doesn't have 4FRNT included in his list of his sponsors. Yet 4FRNT still has him on their team page.

So it appears that 4FRNT's team consists of Eric and Thayne.
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Also regarding JLev (cited from the Powell Movement podcast with Matt), he kept the company going. My interpretation of matt's comments was that 4frnt was shutting down after trying the hybrid distributor-direct model last season without cash flow from a new buyer. Now someone else could've done a better job than JLev and this shipping issue is not excusable, but 4frnt is still open this season.
    Major athletes leaving is a kiss of death though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    I wonder if 4FRNT knows that Wiley left. They still have his pic and profile on their site.
    It was on instagram and he thanked and tagged Sterbenz...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcVP5ifB...by=wileymiller

Too bad, brands like 4FRNT are important for this industry, but I suppose you can only grind it out (probably not making much $$) for so long.

Funny I just commented on some FB page for "Jskis" his brand. Wonder if he just bought 4frnt for molds and to reduce boutique competition? I asked how 4frnt was doing. Lol..bummer to see the possibility of them being shuttered.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Lol.

4FRNT wasn't profitable for all 15 years they were independent. They literally would have gone under if JLev didn't buy them out.

I doubt J Lev bought a company that wasn't profitable with negative intentions, he wants to keep 4FRNT around, but it might be hard.

Sterbenz knows what's going on with the athletes, but when you aren't profitable, it gets tough to pay athletes. Kye, Wiley, and all the other athletes knew what was going on as soon as Sterbenz knew.

Rumor has it Wiley is on RMU. David is on Moment.. and for Kye, we will just have to wait and see. Thayne and Hoji are still on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    that apostrophe is placed in a rather dsm manner.
    yeah I could be DSM planted here 7 years ago and lurking

4FRNT is so last year

Black Crows are so this year

Really hope 4frnt is able to turn it around. I think they have some of the best designs out, and they don't do stupid stuff like ruining really good skis by changing just to change. Renegades are my all time favorite pow ski, and devestators are just great in bounds everyday boards. Not surprising that Kye left, he's definitely going to see some increased exposure after Numinous. Wiley going to RMU seems like a move by RMU to increase exposure of their small brand. I do think if they can get skis to people consistently that the new model is a winner. Msp out the door is basically what some other big companies are trying to charge for a pro deal these days.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It was on instagram and he thanked and tagged Sterbenz...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcVP5ifB...by=wileymiller

Too bad, brands like 4FRNT are important for this industry, but I suppose you can only grind it out (probably not making much $$) for so long.
    I know that, I was being facetious.

I was just pointing out that 4FRNT still has him and Kye listed on their team webpage.
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

You know that RMU has been soundly dissed on this board so are they are building something better?

Quote Originally Posted by sgsbet86 View Post
    ...Wiley going to RMU seems like a move by RMU to increase exposure of their small brand. I do think if they can get skis to people consistently that the new model is a winner. Msp out the door is basically what some other big companies are trying to charge for a pro deal these days.
    You must be referring to 4FRNTs new model -- cause RMU MSP is still $800.