Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by sgsbet86 View Post
    Skied a few laps at Alta today just to demo skis. Conditions sucked raining hard. Basically just wanted to demo MSP and ravens. Disappointed that 4frnt wasn’t there. They’ve shown every year for years. I realize they moved to Vermont but Alta has been a base for them for years. I’m a huge fan of 4frnt skis. But really disappointed they didn’t show.
    New owner doesn't care as much as he says he does.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Word on the street is the new owner is a "snowblader" lol

Damn.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 08-04-2018 at 05:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Whoa, Crazy! End of an era. Mad respect to Sterbenz for all he did and fighting the good fight all those years. I was always a huge fan. Even back in early High School when I trolled him in Freeze Magazine "ask a pro", asking him he preferred skiing in granny panties or man thongs, he took the bait.

4frnt seems like it's full east coast now, and I wish them well in a new era. I think JLev knows about brand differentiation, so hopefully, J Skis can stay newschool and 4frnt core/big mountain/freeride. This years line seems to support that. It's not like he doesn't know how to make innovative products: Ostness Dragon, 1260, Mothership, Pollard's skis.

Crazy times for a much loved company, nonetheless. I still vote for limited release EHP!

This is a big bummer

Their Originator is probably my favorite mogul specific ski.

If anyone wants to get rid of one in the 168-177mm range, I know a somebody...

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    Crazy times for a much loved company, nonetheless. I still vote for limited release EHP!
    Yeah, my 186s finally blew up. I'd pay full price plus sales tax to replace them.

I'm looking for a 190 Raven (white and blue topsheet) if anyone has

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Damn.
    Hey RT, or anyone else interested in a 193 EHP set I’m gonna unload? love the ski but it’s got limited use where I live and is hard to justify as a travel ski in my existing quiver.

Chinese water color Currently mounted -8 (the line) with Tyrolia Attack 16 for 295. One previous mount was incorrectly mounted like -14CM . I don’t think there are other mounts but I’m not 100% sure and I’m hesitant to take the binders off. Repaired tail edge compression which was common until they put plastic back there.

Would let them go cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Hey RT, or anyone else interested in a 193 EHP set I’m gonna unload? love the ski but it’s got limited use where I live and is hard to justify as a travel ski in my existing quiver.

Chinese water color Currently mounted -8 (the line) with Tyrolia Attack 16 for 295. One previous mount was incorrectly mounted like -14CM . I don’t think there are other mounts but I’m not 100% sure and I’m hesitant to take the binders off. Repaired tail edge compression which was common until they put plastic back there.

Would let them go cheap
    Thanks for the heads up. But I have a retired pair, an active pair, and plus a backup. 193 is my daily driver out here and they see a lot of action.

Someone buy SJs EHPs!

The 193 ehp is a phenomenal ski for Rockies and West.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Word. I’ll be sad to see them go. I’ve just got this new-fangled MTB hobby that is burnin thru my wallet pretty good.

a limited release EHP would go a long way on bridging new owners in. they posted a pic of a "pilsner" beer can on a ski on instagram yesterday... teaser?