Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    oh and after i got jonged i realized ifin ya really wanted to be part of a online community
    ya'd spend time doin irl good for it
    that being said our friend and resident dispenser of free animal doc advice and solid mags crib burnt down with all his ski gear
    yall wanna hook a brother up or send some swag bobby bakers way for the bbis raffle for another good community cause
    probably do more good than bad or there's always
    post your old ladies consented titties or der poopenhasen for ullr and to potentially turn on the positive gsoe storm cycle
    option
    well this community dispells karma well
    and not the imaginary e cookies types
    wish yas the best here and irl
    coolest part of the white room tour was the crj coat rack
    sucks hard when the tribe loses the good ones
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    oh and after i got jonged i realized ifin ya really wanted to be part of a online community
    that being said our friend and resident dispenser of free animal doc advice and solid mags crib burnt down with all his ski gear
    yall wanna hook a brother up or send some swag bobby bakers way for the bbis raffle for another good community cause
    post your old ladies consented titties or der poopenhasen for ullr and to potentially turn on the positive gsoe storm cycle
    option
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    option
    IMPRTNT company owners, worth nothing the above. Much truth in few syllables there, in the eyes of this noobgapermseriesJONG who appreciates brevity in the art of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by JLev View Post
    will do!
    End the global conspiracy against inserts in skis. ONE BINDING, 5 SETS OF SKIS!!! The technology is there. The big ,evil Global Ski Equipment Consortium has been withholding the tech required to make skiing great again

Bring back the Reactor!!! Fight the G.S.E.C! More skis less cost!

#onebinding5sets

(but obvs make it better...)

Low Pressure Podcast also just had JLev on the show.
    It was recorded during IF3, so lots of discussion about the 4FRNT purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    I'm not sure why some people here are spreading hate. So your skis took an extra few weeks to arrive and the season is just getting underway..

They make some great skis at a price point lower than most others, and the owner of the company just posted his phone number and gave legitimate reasons why there was a delay in shipping. Most all indie skis have gone more the direct order route, so I'm not sure why the hate here.
    (I am little bit late here...)
    Well said. There is no reason for all that hate. Acknowledge that you got honest anwers from the owners himself. Has the CEO of Atomic, Amer or the CEO of any other big firm tuned in lately?

Quote Originally Posted by obi wan kenobi View Post
    (I am little bit late here...)
    Well said. There is no reason for all that hate. Acknowledge that you got honest anwers from the owners himself. Has the CEO of Atomic, Amer or the CEO of any other big firm tuned in lately?
    I don't think this collective believes Amer, etc would ever respond. The big boys rarely do. What they DO expect from an indie company is superior customer service and a solid product. I personally haven't heard much bad about 4frnt durability, so I don't think that's the big issue here.

I'll bet a simple email stating what Matt did in this thread, sent to customers who had already placed orders, would've gone a long way.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Glad to hear all is well with the brand. I don't think anyone here was excitedly looking to dance on 4FRNT's grave and there was more of a collective concern over a few bad signs. I'd say TGR holds the brand in pretty high standing - given there's like a 30 page thread dedicated to the Renegades alone.

I like the $499 for any ski deal - pretty sweet and I may jump on it if it's still an option in a few months when I get paid.

JLev - I can't believe you've never been heli skiing! Never got a hook-up in all these years? That just seems wrong.

Looks like Kye Peterson is stepping away from 4FRNT, from his FB page:
    Change is inevitable in life...and today i’m announcing the end of a chapter in my ski career. After almost five years with @4frnt_skis, nine different pro model skis and three separate shapes we’ve decided to go our separate ways and discontinue our collaboration.
    I can’t say enough good things about @mattsterbenz and all that he’s done for me and my career. Without coming on board and working on multiple groundbreaking designs with what was a directly rider driven brand i would not have had the same drive or ability to accomplish what i have done on my skis in recent years. Thank you Matt, for all you’ve done for me and for the whole sport of Freeskiing!
    I’m happy to have learned so much with my experience at 4frnt skis which was a brand with the strongest core ethos up until the company’s majority just recently got sold. I’m also very excited to take what i’ve learned to my next chapter. After designing and developing my first pro model designs, some of which ended up as 4frnt’s highest selling skis, i can’t wait to bring that knowledge to what’s next, which will undoubtedly be developing the best ski design’s and construction to motivate myself and inspire other skiers around the world.
    There is so much i accomplished with the KYE series 4frnt line but also so much i did not get the chance to bring to the public. Matter of fact I've been skiing on multiple different adjusted shapes and prototype design improvements to KYE skis over the last two years that never did make it to production and never will. I’m stoked to carry this momentum onto my next endeavour and use my knowledge of skiing and ski design to implement technical and environmental improvements throughout the ski world.
    Pictured here are a variety of KYE series prototypes and production skis that i designed, some are KYE 120’s and 110 protos with top-sheet graphics from non KYE models including the pair second from the right which were the very first KYE protos ever pressed;the single ski to the right of that is the last CRJ that @4frnt_skis ever made which i added to the photo just because of its sentimental value. Thank you 4frnt and goodbye. #ShapedSkiing
    ��:@vevepete
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25351867_1758309937572836_1181897011535231127_o.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	218685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25352098_1758309964239500_3187090298072791649_o.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	218686

More info from JLev, including the harsh financial situation, and team athletes here:
    https://www.newschoolers.com/news/read/What-4FRNT

Worth the read.
    Quote Originally Posted by sklar View Post
    More info from JLev, including the harsh financial situation, and team athletes here:
    https://www.newschoolers.com/news/read/What-4FRNT
    Where is Kye going...

that was a good read
    I had heard from some of the athletes formerly with 4frnt that they felt that they spent most of their time building hoji's and that bummed them out not sure if that factored in with Kye et al recently
    but damn I love my hoji's so much I can see how that wd happen if the co is just staying afloat and that is their best selling ski
    skid luxury

I disagree that it was a good read. It was just JLev talking spin out of both sides of his mouth.

We're fully going back to the roots that started 4frnt...but not back to the park roots or xgames, not those roots. Different roots. New roots that go back a long long way.

We're not about getting that next trick. Thayne is creating something brand new by spinning tricks in the backcountry. Spinning tricks in the back country is so next generation!

Athletes are the heart and soul of the company, but we don't want to focus on the athletes we're going to focus on locals.

We don't have a budget to put music or slow mo in our videos.

4frnts roots have always been about accessibility for skiers (is that why they've always had such a diverse ski lineup? /Sarcasm). Accessibility to regular skiers is important, so we removed our skis from every store, and now people can't actually touch them before buying 2 pairs of skis. You can't beat that kind of accessibility!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

^^^Agree. Love the skis, but that interview was nothing but wordvomit. Not exactly enlightening or confidence inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25352098_1758309964239500_3187090298072791649_o.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	218686
    The blue ones with the green P18s look intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post

Accessibility to regular skiers is important, so we removed our skis from every store, and now people can't actually touch them before buying 2 pairs of skis. You can't beat that kind of accessibility!

Yeah because groping and donkey flexing a few skis in the shop lets you know how they are going to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Stairmaster View Post
    Yeah because groping and donkey flexing a few skis in the shop lets you know how they are going to ride.
    If looking at seams, sidewalls, bases, edges, layup quality, mounting point vs. sidecut/rocker/splay, and holding, balancing, flexing, and handling skis in real life doesn't tell YOU anything about their quality (or lack thereof, especially in comparison to other skis on the wall), value, or how they will ski, then I'm sorry for your apparent deficiencies in simple reasoning.

Well my kids skis came so I’m happy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Why is 4FRNT blowing it this year?

I hadn’t yet caught up with the details on the purchase yet so it was interesting to me.
    hadn’t realized 4frnt was so on the edge prior- altho i guess i basically always assume small brands are always on the verge of shutting down
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    BTW, I hope I'm wrong on all accounts. That would make me happy. But we've all seen this show before, so I fear I'm not.
    QFT.

EHP in a 186 is my all-time favorite ski. I have another pair that I have yet to mount up, picked them up when I found out they were discontinuing the EHP.

I wish them nothing but luck. They have made some really great skis.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

I really don't get all the hate coming towards 4frnt and Jlev. As I mentioned in the other thread - obviously something had to change in order for 4frnt to continue even existing.. When you've put 15 years of hard work into something and you're faced with the reality which 4frnt and Sterbenz were facing you don't just give it all up. You look for options to continue doing what you do best. And 4frnt have been doing a lot of good things for us skiers and the ski industry in general.. I don't see any con to direct sales - what's up with that? You get the same ski for less money. That's a thing a lot of small companies are doing and probably you'll have more ski brands doing this in the future.
    I hate seeing Kye leave 4frnt, but I also really take in consideration what Hoji had to say on the matter on Blister and he is standing behind Matt and Jason and 4frnt in general. Check it..
    "I didn't get my skis on time and they only sent me a shitty hat" is just bitching.. and you can always find something to bitch about. 4frnt always made different skis than the general manufacturers. Ahead of their time. 4frnt completely changed the way I ski ever since my first EHP 190 made in Canada. I've had 4 pairs since then.
    I wish 4frnt to continue doing what they do best, because skiing needs it..
    Last edited by Valyo; 12-14-2017 at 07:28 AM.

glad to see 4frnt alive and kicking. 4frnt skis have pushed the envelope in unique styles of skiing. At least for me, each pair has been like starting a new relationship and figuring out strengths, weaknesses, and the special flowy sauce unique to that ski. Keep rocking on!

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

1. They retained the only guy that designs skis that TGR really loves: HOJI!
    2. Their skis are made at the Elan factory which produces some of the best mass production quality available.
    3. They almost went under. Creating a sustainable business model not weighed down by huge athlete contracts seems like a necessary move.
    4. Jlev has great experience with direct to consumer approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyo View Post
    ...As I mentioned in the other thread - obviously something had to change in order for 4frnt to continue even existing.. When you've put 15 years of hard work into something and you're faced with the reality which 4frnt and Sterbenz were facing you don't just give it all up. You look for options to continue doing what you do best. And 4frnt have been doing a lot of good things for us skiers and the ski industry in general.. I don't see any con to direct sales - what's up with that? You get the same ski for less money. That's a thing a lot of small companies are doing and probably you'll have more ski brands doing this in the future.
    I hate seeing Kye leave 4frnt, but I also really take in consideration what Hoji had to say on the matter on Blister and he is standing behind Matt and Jason and 4frnt in general. Check it..
    ... 4frnt always made different skis than the general manufacturers. Ahead of their time. 4frnt completely changed the way I ski ever since my first EHP 190 made in Canada. I've had 4 pairs since then.
    I wish 4frnt to continue doing what they do best, because skiing needs it..
    I agree with the above. My first pair were EHPs, same as yours. 7 pairs of 4frnts later, with a few backups when they discontinued certain models.

But disagree with below.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyo View Post
    I really don't get all the hate coming towards 4frnt and Jlev.

..."I didn't get my skis on time and they only sent me a shitty hat" is just bitching.. and you can always find something to bitch about.
    Not hating on 4Frnt. Don't confuse concern for hate. See JLev and Line skis for the source of that concern. Additionally, if you're going to direct marketing, you must deliver on time to create confidence and reliability, and you need to really take care of your customers because you are the store front. Matt's post here is excellent. JLev basically bitches and gets defensive, instead of apologizing to his customers for his failures and delays. That doesn't bode well. Would you keep shopping at a place when they've not fulfilled their obligations in a timely manner? And then their response is to tell you off and bitch about it, when you bring it up?

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    glad to see 4frnt alive and kicking. 4frnt skis have pushed the envelope in unique styles of skiing. At least for me, each pair has been like starting a new relationship and figuring out strengths, weaknesses, and the special flowy sauce unique to that ski. Keep rocking on!
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdad View Post
    1. They retained the only guy that designs skis that TGR really loves: HOJI!
    2. Their skis are made at the Elan factory which produces some of the best mass production quality available.
    3. They almost went under. Creating a sustainable business model not weighed down by huge athlete contracts seems like a necessary move.
    Agreed, although pros leaving, particularly while only thanking sterbenz (very deserved) and the defining silence on JLev speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdad View Post
    4. Jlev has great experience with direct to consumer approach.
    I disagree. See 60 to 90 days of delayed orders and crappy hats and JLev's rants.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 12-14-2017 at 02:05 PM.