Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Has 4frnt fixed the issue of sidewalls spontaneously jumping off of their skis?

Loved their skis, but durability is shit and they don't even belong in the same conversation as high quality skis like ON3P and Praxis.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post

Loved their skis, but durability is shit and they don't even belong in the same conversation as high quality skis like ON3P and Praxis.
    If you don't cross your tips this doesn't happen.

4frnt basically seems like J-Lev's bargain line... almost every ski on the site in the fall was advertised with a list price of $499... The Wrenagade compared to the Metal (J Skis) is about $100 cheaper for a similar ski, so this seems like the direction they are going. Was never a big 4frnt guy so don't really GAF tbh

Where's the Blower?

I came across this thread hoping to find out where the snow's at? Surely not Utah, but realized a different kind of blower had surfaced, like as if 4FRNT was 6 feet deep and a snow dance had erupted atop our grave!

Well, for those of you dancing, please allow me to elevate your perspective.

First and undoubtedly disturbing for all of us is our late delivery. 2 weeks became 4 weeks in a delayed transport from Slovenia (home of Elan) to Vermont. Container landed NY the week of Thanksgiving. Upon arrival, Black Friday sales from other snow related brands in our fulfillment center piled up even higher. It's a vortex sadly we face in the nature of our limited sale period as a seasonal brand, but alias, the delivery began, and the majority of customers felt informed and now have their skis. Clearly we didn't reach everyone, and with 3 rock star local skiers from the Burlington area covering the live chat, phones and emails 7 days a week explaining the situation, we are not giving up. We sold more skis leading up to delivery than we did all last year. We have a lot we can improve on, and we know we are far from perfect. Just as we are equally as far from being dead.

Fast forward to today, orders are shipping. We still have backorders but fewer and fewer as the days pass. The transition in ownership to Jason has been very positive albeit those on this thread who feel differently. When J and I met in June, we talked about, "what do skiers want," and how can we transition this brand among all others, to give skiers more influence on the sport they love? I know we've missed our mark on some aspects of transition more than others, however our core focus remains on providing the 4FRNT skier an unrivaled sensation of intuition and pride. I remain committed to seeing it so.

Since our humble beginnings in 2002 we knew that our products could only perform as well as their designers. Our team drives all that we accomplish at 4FRNT. These accomplishments grow out of authentic collaboration between the athlete and the engineer. We believe the future of ski design lies within the hands of those contributing to skiing's progression of which each member of our team represents a unique approach to skiing just like each one of our customers.

The 4FRNT team has changed, some new and other's more familiar. These changes are necessary to keep the door open for new opportunities. What we have accomplished with our team is unlike any brand in skiing's rich history and we remain committed to our team of athletes in building it this way.

We appreciate your concerns, your praise and even your insults, as this insight is what drives us to be better.

First time caller, long time listener, thanks for hearing me out.

Matt Sterbenz
    Founder and Brand Director

Yeah, not sure where that's coming from. Skis are built at Elan, so top of the line construction process

Quote Originally Posted by ElfOnTheShelf View Post
    Yeah, not sure where that's coming from. Skis are built at Elan, so top of the line construction process
    ??? Elan? Top of the line construction? Mass produced in China doesn't exactly scream top of the line. Nothing mass produced that I've skied from 4frnt or k2 has even held a candle to the durability of my ON3Ps.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    ??? Elan? Top of the line construction? Mass produced in China doesn't exactly scream top of the line. Nothing mass produced that I've skied from 4frnt or k2 has even held a candle to the durability of my ON3Ps.
    Elan is in Europe, not China.

I don't have a current opinion on Elan skis, but their factory is in Europe and they make skis for lots of companies.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

4frnt durability isn't bad. Besides, who cares? Most of you buy and sell all your ON3Ps every 2 years anyways lol.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My bad, I drew an incorrect conclusion. I could've sworn my non-white room manufactured 4frnts were Chinese built. That was some years ago and I falsely applied that to elan.

My bad, I drew an incorrect conclusion. I could've sworn my non-white room manufactured 4frnts were Chinese built. That was some years ago and I falsely applied that to elan.
    IFAIK the three places 4FRNTs have been built are Whiteroom in SLC, Elan and prior to that by a snowboard company in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto.Creek View Post
    4frnt durability isn't bad. Besides, who cares? Most of you buy and sell all your ON3Ps every 2 years anyways lol.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    3+ owners and 6+ years later you could probably sell some 191 BGs for $4999
    Last edited by zartagen; 12-06-2017 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Added quote

Quote Originally Posted by ElfOnTheShelf View Post
    IFAIK the three places 4FRNTs have been built are Whiteroom in SLC, Elan and prior to that by a snowboard company in Canada
    Wasn't there a factory in Tunisia a long time ago? 08 maybe earlier

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Elan is in Slovenia. Maybe that's what you're thinking?

Could have been Tunisia way back in the day, too

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I believe that's the Movement ski factory, which I think is also where g3 and la sportiva get at least some of there skis made (at least 8 years ago, when I worked with Movement briefly.)

Bummer that's been your experience. FWIW, I've owned 6 pairs of 4FRNTs spanning a pretty wide range of years (EHP x2, VCT, Renegade x2, Hoji) and have yet to have a durability issue.

I've also owned ON3Ps (x2) and Praxis (x2). Each brand has their strengths/weaknesses. ON3Ps are brick-shithouse durable, and the weights generally reflect that. Praxis are holy fuck sharp and hooky out of the plastic but ski well after detuning. 4FRNTs finish quality may more closely resemble other mass-produced skis (don't ask me, I'm not a QC technician, I just ski 'em), but they offer unique designs, more economical pricing, and competitive weights for touring (at economical prices).

Hopefully they get their poop in a group during yr 1 of the transition and beyond.

I wanted to get a pair of 157cm Coyotes for my boy, but they were sold out before T-giving. Oh well.

"I came across this thread hoping to find out where the snow's at? Surely not Utah, but realized a different kind of blower had surfaced, like as if 4FRNT was 6 feet deep and a snow dance had erupted atop our grave!

First and undoubtedly disturbing for all of us is our late delivery. 2 weeks became 4 weeks in a delayed transport from Slovenia (home of Elan) to Vermont. Container landed NY the week of Thanksgiving. Upon arrival, Black Friday sales from other snow related brands in our fulfillment center piled up even higher. It's a vortex sadly we face in the nature of our limited sale period as a seasonal brand, but alias, the delivery began, and the majority of customers felt informed and now have their skis. Clearly we didn't reach everyone, and with 3 rock star local skiers from the Burlington area covering the live chat, phones and emails 7 days a week explaining the situation, we are not giving up. We sold more skis leading up to delivery than we did all last year. We have a lot we can improve on, and we know we are far from perfect. Just as we are equally as far from being dead.

Fast forward to today, orders are shipping. We still have backorders but fewer and fewer as the days pass. The transition in ownership to Jason has been very positive albeit those on this thread who feel differently. When J and I met in June, we talked about, "what do skiers want," and how can we transition this brand among all others, to give skiers more influence on the sport they love? I know we've missed our mark on some aspects of transition more than others, however our core focus remains on providing the 4FRNT skier an unrivaled sensation of intuition and pride. I remain committed to seeing it so.

Since our humble beginnings in 2002 we knew that our products could only perform as well as their designers. Our team drives all that we accomplish at 4FRNT. These accomplishments grow out of authentic collaboration between the athlete and the engineer. We believe the future of ski design lies within the hands of those contributing to skiing's progression of which each member of our team represents a unique approach to skiing just like each one of our customers.

The 4FRNT team has changed, some new and other's more familiar. These changes are necessary to keep the door open for new opportunities. What we have accomplished with our team is unlike any brand in skiing's rich history and we remain committed to our team of athletes in building it this way.

We appreciate your concerns, your praise and even your insults, as this insight is what drives us to be better.

Matt Sterbenz
    Founder and Brand Director"

Glad to hear this response. I've always admired that 4frnt is athlete driven. Has lead to a lot of overlap in the lineup, but that's because that's what the team wanted. Which is awesome. I'm very picky with my skis, despite having a huge quiver. If I had to ski only 1 brand it would be 4frnt all the way. Despite having 10+ skis, 4frnts are without a doubt my favorite. I could actually imagine (oh the horror) of having a 3 ski quiver: renegade, hoji and devestator and be very happy. Although it would be hard to not have 1 charger with metal in the. An EHP revival with a layer of metal would be an absolute dream. I've yet to ski a 4frnt ski I didn't like. On3p and Praxis are very durable but I've had some misses with both brands. I can't think of any other ski company that is so driven by athlete design and it shows in great product offering. I hope the new business model is successful. If not please give a warning so I can hoard renegades, BEST POW SKI EVER! And I own too many skis over 110 underfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Sterbenz View Post
    I came across this thread hoping to find out where the snow's at? Surely not Utah, but realized a different kind of blower had surfaced, like as if 4FRNT was 6 feet deep and a snow dance had erupted atop our grave!

Matt Sterbenz
    *Alas , not alias

What happened to Niklas Karlstrom ?? I was bummed to not see any 17/18 TNKs

Quote Originally Posted by viglio View Post
    Probably because Levinthal bought 4FRNT out. That must be it.
    lol

no doubt

Nice post edit JONG.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Nice post edit JONG.
    You or anyone are welcome to call me anytime to discuss why I'm spending so much time and effort trying to ruin the 4FRNT brand, rip people off, and hurt the sport of skiing (802) 585-1098 xt2

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Sterbenz View Post

Matt Sterbenz
    Welcome to TGR, JONG!

Rax

Praxis Rx

Anton Carver

The red ones

PM Rontele

Hookers and Blow

Pantsuit

Fish and a hot tub

Herps and GTFO

Maul, Deer, Jeans

Change for a nickle

I'm getting too old for this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by JLev View Post
    You or anyone are welcome to call me anytime to discuss why I'm spending so much time and effort trying to ruin the 4FRNT brand, rip people off, and hurt the sport of skiing (802) 585-1098 xt2
    I'm discussing your posting style JONG. But I'll quote your post so that the folks who have your skis can reach out to you if need be.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague