WTB Moment Jaguar Shark

WTB Moment Jaguar Shark 187cm or 192cm. Dont know if there is a difference between the two years 11/12 and 12/13, I may have read the the latter 12/13 has carbon fiber and 11/12 doesnt, but I'm not sure. (Anyone that could chime on that would be helpful)

In my quest to find a wide daily driver that's wider than the Belafonte or a slightly narrower flat tailed Bibby, I stumbled upon the Jaguar Shark in Moment's archives and it seems like a great fit. I know these are a bit old, so not sure if anyone is still holding, but I'm really interested in skiing them so let me know.

Checkout Popeye's post a little bit down on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BDevil17 View Post
    Checkout Popeye's post a little bit down on this thread.
    Thanks, but not interested in the Night Trains. Strictly looking for Jaguar Sharks.

My bad got them confused. Saw some Jags here a few months ago if you're interested in digging....

The always elusive Jaguar Shark.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    WTB Moment Jaguar Shark 187cm or 192cm. Dont know if there is a difference between the two years 11/12 and 12/13, I may have read the the latter 12/13 has carbon fiber and 11/12 doesnt, but I'm not sure. (Anyone that could chime on that would be helpful)

In my quest to find a wide daily driver that's wider than the Belafonte or a slightly narrower flat tailed Bibby, I stumbled upon the Jaguar Shark in Moment's archives and it seems like a great fit. I know these are a bit old, so not sure if anyone is still holding, but I'm really interested in skiing them so let me know.
    I have the 11/12 and am pretty positive no carbon. Dont know about later versions. Had them mounted up w dynafits at first but too much ski for that w my old noodle boots. Changed them for bigger mountain (they need some vert to run) daily driver last couple yrs and have loved them since.

I have it in 182. It’s the one ski I won’t part with. I told Moment they should make it again. I toured in Hokkaido with it last year—yeah heavy w Guardians but so good in pow.
    edit to add--if you can't find the Jag Shark you might try the Governor--Moment said once it was the closest thing though probably stiffer.

Last edited by 5B; 12-01-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5B View Post
    I have it in 182. It’s the one ski I won’t part with. I told Moment they should make it again. I toured in Hokkaido with it last year—yeah heavy w Guardians but so good in pow.
    edit to add--if you can't find the Jag Shark you might try the Governor--Moment said once it was the closest thing though probably stiffer.

Glad to hear you like them, I'm totally sold on the design. I just got a pair Governor 186 that I'm going to test out, but really like the lack of tip taper in the Jaguar Shark so want to try them too.

If all else fails, I'm going to hit up Luke at Moment and see if they have any in the archives or will make them again (they will do custom skis now, and I would think this would be an easy one for them to make again)

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Glad to hear you like them, I'm totally sold on the design. I just got a pair Governor 186 that I'm going to test out, but really like the lack of tip taper in the Jaguar Shark so want to try them too.

If all else fails, I'm going to hit up Luke at Moment and see if they have any in the archives or will make them again (they will do custom skis now, and I would think this would be an easy one for them to make again)

The Governor is super stiff with a lot of tip rocker. Where I thought the JagShark was a mellower flexing powder version of the Bella. Getting them to press you a new pair would be sweet.

I regret selling my Gov’s but they where way to much work at slower speeds or tight places. Surprisingly light for how stable they felt though.

I shot you a PM.

Anyone interested in selling/trading their 186 Governor?

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

There are some 186 Governors and 192 Jaguar Sharks on Ebay currently.

@dkla52

I might be able to be convinced to trade my 186 Governors for the right pair of sticks.

Mounted twice for maker jesters and salomon guardians.

What are you holding?

Thanks man. I got a good number of skis. What sz and about how wide of skis are you looking for? Are you looking for something to tour with? Let me know what direction you wanna go and I'll see what I have

Are those original K2 Darkside's available? I'd be very interested if so (pretty please)
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

Considering picking up something in a 105-110 atomic backland-ish

I have 2 pair of 192 jag sharks. One in Utah mounted with old but indestructible solly 916’s. The other in Bay Area with dukes. The CA pair has a dent in the from fucking asshole baggage handlers, but has not affected my riding. Looking to sell one pair - prob the Utah pair but open to creative suggestions. PM me if still interested.
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

OP already bought my brothers 192s but maybe someone else is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by mogul5480 View Post
    I have 2 pair of 192 jag sharks. One in Utah mounted with old but indestructible solly 916’s. The other in Bay Area with dukes. The CA pair has a dent in the from fucking asshole baggage handlers, but has not affected my riding. Looking to sell one pair - prob the Utah pair but open to creative suggestions. PM me if still interested.
    How much are you thinking? I'm interested

Quote Originally Posted by 206 View Post
    Considering picking up something in a 105-110 atomic backland-ish
    Sent you a pm

Hmm. PM not received. Are you able to do local pickup in either UT or CA by chance? Just running through various permutations now of bindings, timing, etc.
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

Thanks, but I already picked up pair. Skied them for the first time today and they are AMAZING all around. Easily a solid west coast 1 ski quiver. You guys should pick up a pair and try them out.

MOMENT! BRING BACK THE JAGUAR SHARK PLEASE!!

Hmm. PM not received. Are you able to do local pickup in either UT or CA by chance? Just running through various permutations now of bindings, timing, etc.
    Please send me a pm with your info... where in Cali are you thinking? How much? I prefer the pair you have with no dents For some reason my pm is not going through ur inbox

There’s a pair of 192s on eBay right now.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222785367111