Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Suncloud View Post
    its very doubtful it would cause the current owner to go under. even if it did, its not like the ski area would sit idle or go away forever.
    Brill would probably just have to sell a couple of Bentleys, his Mediterranean sail boat and the Monte Carlo condo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Maybe if they went under someone else could buy it out of bankruptcy and put some more cash into it and run it unguided all season.

We need Bunny's take on the ramp quality

Word - I was expecting more “Bunny Profane can’t load a chairlift “ commentary . This is an absolute layup for that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    We need Bunny's take on the ramp quality

For the Brills this may be a blessing in disguise. I remember an article on them in a Denver newspaper (I think Denver) and Aaron was quoted saying that he didn't think he would do it all over again if given the choice. Maybe this will be a reason to call it quits and move on to new adventures? I imagine that after 15-20 years of running a small ski operation that is probably not very profitable you might see that said ski area like a ball and chain or prison sentence. Maybe not?
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    File under really fucking bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinewhere View Post
    The signed waiver may not help Silverton . Didn't even realize Silverton had scenic rides. This could get expensive with attorney fees alone
    TGR Forums mobile app
    These things. Dayum. Perhaps I better get down there. If shit does hit the fan down there, could this really sink them?

Would insurance kick in and they survive? Timeline for litigation settlement? Will they be open next year? I though I remembered reading that they only had limited self guiding days available, anyone know off the top of their head when these are?

So many questions... I know.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    For the Brills this may be a blessing in disguise. I remember an article on them in a Denver newspaper (I think Denver) and Aaron was quoted saying that he didn't think he would do it all over again if given the choice. Maybe this will be a reason to call it quits and move on to new adventures? I imagine that after 15-20 years of running a small ski operation that is probably not very profitable you might see that said ski area like a ball and chain or prison sentence. Maybe not?
    It's a good article :
    http://www.denverpost.com/2016/03/18...d-do-it-again/

I bet Petrick has been a huge help and might be exactly what they need.

Timeline for settlement could literally be anything between tomorrow and 5-10 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    It's a good article :
    http://www.denverpost.com/2016/03/18...d-do-it-again/

I bet Petrick has been a huge help and might be exactly what they need.
    Read that the other day. Good article but way too much hyperbole.

It would be crazy if they were to go under seeing all the work they put in, especially when you consider they could've fixed the ramp with a few hundred dollars in supplies available at any hardware store that would take a day or less of manual labor.

Crazy Article.

Amazing article... Glad they've been able to keep it going since then.

HA!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    It certainly keeps him occupied when it is too dark to to heliguiding in AK midwinter

I thought the ex-K2 guys was handling operations now

Could be... I'm no insider on that

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I thought the ex-K2 guys was handling operations now
    Read the article linked a few post back....

Read the article linked a few post back....
    Yeah, I read that article a year and a half ago when it came out:

Like I said: "This season, the Brills surprised the resort industry when they hired Tim Petrick, the chief executive of K2 Sports and the former chief of Rossignol. They had been consulting with Petrick to find an executive who could help ease pressure on the overworked couple when he volunteered himself for the chief operating officer job, moving with his wife to Silverton from Seattle. "

We live in an age where if you have a business you better be sure to cross every damn T and dot every single i especially with insurance ... this is not Europe and if a lawyer can find a loop hole to make money they will...Silverton is on the list so i hope they weather the storm. Vibes to the lady and her future,,,,,,
    always forward but never straight

Yeah, I read that article a year and a half ago when it came out:

Like I said: "This season, the Brills surprised the resort industry when they hired Tim Petrick, the chief executive of K2 Sports and the former chief of Rossignol. They had been consulting with Petrick to find an executive who could help ease pressure on the overworked couple when he volunteered himself for the chief operating officer job, moving with his wife to Silverton from Seattle. "
    FWIW: I know him personally, he is very sharp and driven and his qualifications in this area are solid.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    FWIW: I know him personally, he is very sharp and driven and his qualifications in this area are solid.
    My point was that someone was painting a picture of the Brills not being able to keep up with operations anymore and I pointed out that they hired your buddy to run the show over a year ago. Not saying that he's not capable, probably much more capable than the Brills.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Met Tim a few times.

It really surprised me that he took the job there.

Running the Brill's baby for them must be..... to put it politely..... somewhat challenging?

My point was that someone was painting a picture of the Brills not being able to keep up with operations anymore and I pointed out that they hired your buddy to run the show over a year ago. Not saying that he's not capable, probably much more capable than the Brills.
    Yeah, sorry I wasn't trying to challenge your thought, just add a perspective.

It really surprised me that he took the job there.

Running the Brill's baby for them must be..... to put it politely..... somewhat challenging?
    It's not a job I would want either, however it's my understanding that he has a relationship (and shared level of trust) with the Brill's that makes it possible.

You guys are pussies. That's not that bad. It offloads directly at an uphill wall of snow and the chair runs slow as fuck. I've always seen a lift op working the top and standing on the platform to the left. I've seen offload ramps at Mt Baker that are steeper and worse than that. Sure, maybe it's not a Vail style lift where it comes to a goddamned stop before you gently stand up and scoot away. But it's not that that fucking hairy.

This place is getting soft.
    What he said. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary about offloading when I was there last season. They did advise us to take our packs off our backs and carry them on the lift.

<snip>
    Nostradumbass says within a couple years he'll be divorced.

Seattle to Silverton is quite the switch.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy