Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Not according to Dave...and you know he knows everything there is to know about music. As for me (someone who has actually seen the Rev), I agree; nephew or illegitimate bastard offspring

There won't be any skin fitness laps Sunday morning after hours and hours of partying at the BLT this Saturday.
    We can make sure they happen. I've got a loud enough voice and know where you live. Nothing like sweating the booze out after a night at the BLT. I've had quite a few days where I've been leeching Jagermeister out of my pores after a few too many shotskis.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Not according to Dave...and you know he knows everything there is to know about music. As for me (someone who has actually seen the Rev), I agree; nephew or illegitimate bastard offspring

There won't be any skin fitness laps Sunday morning after hours and hours of partying at the BLT this Saturday.
    I need to stay and work back in NYC. Which means you won’t have a pack of toddlers, in-laws, and dogs slowing you down this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    We can make sure they happen. I've got a loud enough voice and know where you live. Nothing like sweating the booze out after a night at the BLT. I've had quite a few days where I've been leeching Jagermeister out of my pores after a few too many shotskis.
    You're like half my age...talk to me in 30 years

Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post
    I need to stay and work back in NYC. Which means you won’t have a pack of toddlers, in-laws, and dogs slowing you down this weekend.
    Don't kid yerself. I was happy for the moderate pace esp after the kneefall and subsequent glissade down the hill that we had just climbed. And your sisters in law are rippin skiers as is Mrs MSB. I just try to keep up. You have the happiest toddler on the face of the Earth and she is a joy to be around. No better dog on the skin track than Tex.

You're like half my age...talk to me in 30 years
    I'll just drink double what you drink. That should even the playing field, right?

I'll just drink double what you drink. That should even the playing field, right?

Your playing field would be spinning, that’s all I can say for sure haha the man has beer taps in his kitchen for God’s sake
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

^ Plural is correct

2" showing on the webcam this morning (and still snowing at 5:40am) and Sunday looks promising. I'm going to stay for the SB and ski Monday.

^ Plural is correct

2" showing on the webcam this morning (and still snowing at 5:40am) and Sunday looks promising. I'm going to stay for the SB and ski Monday.
    I think the BLT should just run tap lines through conduit to the homes on the circle and charge per pour from the taps in everyone’s kitchen!

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I think the BLT should just run tap lines through conduit to the homes on the circle and charge per pour from the taps in everyone’s kitchen!
    When the ponds run dry again just run it through the snowmaking system.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

You guys hosting an Eagles party on Sunday and Monday?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eagles1.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	222776

Name:	Eagles2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	437.5 KB 
ID:	222777
    Name:  Eagles3.png
Views: 635
Size:  25.7 KB
    Name:  Eagles4.gif
Views: 534
Size:  74.4 KB

Name:	Eagles5.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	222780

Name:	Eagles6.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	222781
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Well this morning's squall fluffed things up nicely! More starting early afternoon, and looking like it could be double digits for tomorrow morning, who's going to be here??
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

It's quite soft under the new snow too. Nice turns being had all over. The kid is loving the new jumps. Wish I were 10 again🤙

Sent from my XT1585 using TGR Forums mobile app

Who is Lycored and what should I buy from them?

Lynchy told me they make nutritional supplements. From their website "We've been a leader in the research and development of carotenoid-based wellness products for twenty years."

I ended up doing the fitness lap this morning but had to go back to bed after (long night....)

We ended up coming home to BTV because the storm looked like it was going to fizzle. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Showed up this afternoon to find all sorts of active mtn ops, new signage, and assorted other goodness -- the place almost seemed unrecognizable!

Then I was told that the skimo/rando race for Saturday had been cancelled.
    Ah yes, same old Magic!
    (For those who don't get the cutesy sarcasm here: I'm the race director, I was there today marking the course, and the race is -- if I have my TGR terminology down correctly -- game on bitches!)
    As a race director for bike racing, I can understand that when the event is over, you want to pack up and go home, but part of being responsible is cleaning up after yourselves. Nearly a month later and there are still ribbons tied to trees, Dynafit branded flags, and other signs that the race occurred on the mountain. While I'm probably the only one who notices, I think that it is in poor form to run an event somewhere, and not leave it in the same state that you found it. I know that Redline hasn't been skiable, but that shouldn't stop you from walking up and picking up your garbage. At this point its probably moot since the flags will be hidden until springtime with the recent snow (fingers crossed), but you can come back in May and pick up after yourselves. Thanks!

Looks like a good week for Magic! Was thinking about heading up that way this upcoming weekend... any tips on dog-friendly lodging? Seems like a lot of stuff is booked already...
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Magic Mt 17/18 We Clean-Up Nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post
    Looks like a good week for Magic! Was thinking about heading up that way this upcoming weekend... any tips on dog-friendly lodging? Seems like a lot of stuff is booked already...

Do it!! The Upper Pass encourages dogs. Great people over there.

Killer day today, I’ll post pics when I get some time. Awesome snow with a little zipper crust lower down, but totally manageable. Minimal traffic and blue skies, if you went today you got a treat!

2nd Upper Pass Lodge. Vince is the man and loves dogs. Such a cool place, a beer is named after them.

Thursday is looking good. Only bummer is it looks like too much snow and will put Magic over the Throwback Thursday rate... guess I'll have to pay full fare, finally

So glad to see things filling in and going well. (And screw Smarty and the Eagles... )
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Cool I'll check em out, although I think the lodge was booked full when I checked.

Is it kosher to skin up magic and go over the other side to Timber Ridge and play around over there?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Cool I'll check em out, although I think the lodge was booked full when I checked.

Is it kosher to skin up magic and go over the other side to Timber Ridge and play around over there?
    As long as you are currently certified Level 1 or higher and have the proper avy gear.

If you bring enough Bud heavies with you they may crown you king for a day. They’re very friendly to skin traffic over there but if you die your corpse will stay until spring FYI as it’s unsupervised.

I suggest you link up with folks that know the place. If the storm delivers, most of the trails over there will be no turn. There's only a couple of ways you can actually get to the bottom whilst making turns in anything resembling 3D snow. There's lots of folks willing...

I suggest you link up with folks that know the place. If the storm delivers, most of the trails over there will be no turn. There's only a couple of ways you can actually get to the bottom whilst making turns in anything resembling 3D snow. There's lots of folks willing...
    This x1000. Its really flat with even flatter spots.

As a race director for bike racing, I can understand that when the event is over, you want to pack up and go home, but part of being responsible is cleaning up after yourselves. Nearly a month later and there are still ribbons tied to trees, Dynafit branded flags, and other signs that the race occurred on the mountain. While I'm probably the only one who notices, I think that it is in poor form to run an event somewhere, and not leave it in the same state that you found it. I know that Redline hasn't been skiable, but that shouldn't stop you from walking up and picking up your garbage. At this point its probably moot since the flags will be hidden until springtime with the recent snow (fingers crossed), but you can come back in May and pick up after yourselves. Thanks!
    My sincere apologies for this, and also thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    At all my other races (since 2008-09), I have always deflagged the course after the results/awards presentation, But this year at Magic the start time was delayed in an attempt to eek out every little bit of mid-day warmth. So it was too late afterwards. And a Magic employee who had assisted with the race said he could take down the flags later in the week.

So that I can confirm to him exactly what is still up there:
    1. Location is only along Red Line's unskiable woods (chair rider's right)?
    2. Items are only yellow surveyor tape tied to trees and yellow-flagged mountaineering-style wands with the Dynafit logo?
    3. Any of the same with red at the very top and very bottom of this section?
    4. Specifics on "other signs that the race occurred on the mountain"? (I used some blue turf paint at some of the transitions, but not much, since the nozzle froze -- funny how that happens at a mere 60 degrees below the minimum 40F optimum temperature range! -- but I would have thought all that had disappeared after all the various thaws, rain, snow, rain, repeat [sigh].

Feel free to send the details via the contact form on the race website, thanks!
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

^^^bring a shovel. By tomorrow night, the flags will be too deep to spot.

See you on Thursday morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    My sincere apologies for this, and also thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    At all my other races (since 2008-09), I have always deflagged the course after the results/awards presentation, But this year at Magic the start time was delayed in an attempt to eek out every little bit of mid-day warmth. So it was too late afterwards. And a Magic employee who had assisted with the race said he could take down the flags later in the week.

So that I can confirm to him exactly what is still up there:
    1. Location is only along Red Line's unskiable woods (chair rider's right)?
    2. Items are only yellow surveyor tape tied to trees and yellow-flagged mountaineering-style wands with the Dynafit logo?
    3. Any of the same with red at the very top and very bottom of this section?
    4. Specifics on "other signs that the race occurred on the mountain"? (I used some blue turf paint at some of the transitions, but not much, since the nozzle froze -- funny how that happens at a mere 60 degrees below the minimum 40F optimum temperature range! -- but I would have thought all that had disappeared after all the various thaws, rain, snow, rain, repeat [sigh].

Feel free to send the details via the contact form on the race website, thanks!
    Do you remember which employee that was, cause if they aren't doing their job, I want to be able to call them on it. Its mostly the flags/tape on red, though I have seen flags on other parts of the mountain, I think there was one by the pumphouse at the top of trick on Sunday. At this point, you aren't going to find them unless you get after it early tomorrow. You'll have to hike it in the spring after everything melts. Bring a garbage bag, cause I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff there that you can help pick up since you've gotta make the trip anyways.