Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
    I hope you guys have a big year full of cold, no rain and loads of Nor'Easters.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    The events calendar has Ullrfest listed on 10/27 along with a volunteer day.
    Thanks for pointing that out - they're much more proactive this year with an updated Events Calendar. Looks like the 6th is the only (official) Volunteer Day I can make this year.

I noticed the calendar has "Fall foliage rides to Sunshine Corner". I wonder if Green can be ready so its a lift ride and not Do Work driving people up? I hope so. I would take that ride just to get on Green and check it out pre-season!

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out - they're much more proactive this year with an updated Events Calendar. Looks like the 6th is the only (official) Volunteer Day I can make this year.

I noticed the calendar has "Fall foliage rides to Sunshine Corner". I wonder if Green can be ready so its a lift ride and not Do Work driving people up? I hope so. I would take that ride just to get on Green and check it out pre-season!

Ah, yes that sounds right. I knew it was moved but couldn't remember the exact dates. 27th it is!

As far as foliage rides, the crew working on the Green should be finishing up here relatively soon. Still needs the mechanical stuff in the terminal put together so as long as some random lead time doesn't metastasize into something ridiculous we should be on point. I can't even describe in words how bad I want to ride that chair and drink a beer on it. It's been a really stressful summer.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Perhaps we could ride up together?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Perhaps we could ride up together?
    You're in line behind me :-)

If it was a triple we could all go together.

anyone know what size they have for kid stuff at the shop? my oldest is not growing at a rate conducive to buying. looking for mid to high teens boot size?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    anyone know what size they have for kid stuff at the shop? my oldest is not growing at a rate conducive to buying. looking for mid to high teens boot size?

They will have rentals for that.

Anybody coming to the work day this Saturday? Looking to wrap it up kind of early so people can go to the Peru Fair. I know Makimono is bringing his roller skis, so there's guaranteed to be carnage. Anyone? Bueller??
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    They will have rentals for that.

Anybody coming to the work day this Saturday? Looking to wrap it up kind of early so people can go to the Peru Fair. I know Makimono is bringing his roller skis, so there's guaranteed to be carnage. Anyone? Bueller??
    No can do this round. I’m helping to roast pigs for the Fair (part of the fire dept). Come by and say hi or keep an eye out for me at the beer tent later.

I'll be coming up and hopefully eating some Fair pig afterwards.

No can do this round. I’m helping to roast pigs for the Fair (part of the fire dept). Come by and say hi or keep an eye out for me at the beer tent later.

Yeah I figured you’d be over there doing God’s work. I hope to swing by after work day, got all kinds of folks with me this weekend.

Yeah I figured you’d be over there doing God’s work. I hope to swing by after work day, got all kinds of folks with me this weekend.
    Missing this one. Bummed too what with roller skiing, Green chair progress, Peru fair, etc. Hopefully we'll have some surf down here as a consolation prize! I'll be up for 10/6!

I'm in for work day. If you're not at the fair by noon there will be no pig for you. Sells out very fast.

I have a few glades in mind that need some TLC but are up high. Hoping we can have some input on the projects (Gnarnia West expansion) and get a ride to the top so we can expend our energy on removing the schwack so we can link East and West finally. Trick Woods could also use a little more thinning below that big drainage halfway down. Also want to look at the woods between TZ and GG. All that area needs is an entrance and an exit.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I'm in for work day. If you're not at the fair by noon there will be no pig for you. Sells out very fast.

I have a few glades in mind that need some TLC but are up high. Hoping we can have some input on the projects (Gnarnia West expansion) and get a ride to the top so we can expend our energy on removing the schwack so we can link East and West finally. Trick Woods could also use a little more thinning below that big drainage halfway down. Also want to look at the woods between TZ and GG. All that area needs is an entrance and an exit.
    Agree with all those points MNIAW, plus maybe Wardrobe. I took a look up the steep/pine section when I did some solo work lower down and it looked like it could us some love (lower section had a tree down needing removal but I told DW about it). But I am all in on connecting east and west Gnarnia and especially on TZ/GG area. I am up for the Oct 6th day and will go where you/DW direct but hope these are on the agenda.....

Family is up for the fair. I can probably help out on the early side tomorrow morning

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

cleaned up some tree shots and did some skiing, was a good day

DUMB N DANGEROUS

^^^Can't you ride those skis switch?

When a biking buddy and a ski buddy are both quoted in the same article...

https://www.skimag.com/ski-resort-life/casting-a-spell

Great article! Hopefully, there isn’t too much of an “impact” on visits as a result.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Great article! Hopefully, there isn’t too much of an “impact” on visits as a result.
    Forget it, dude. You're too late.

All the cool kids are hanging at Ascutney this year and the real bleeding edge types are spending the winter at Dutch Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Perhaps you can selectively distribute t-shirts that say "I Skied Here Pre-Impact" to differentiate yourselves from all the new folks?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoNGTHLA...=18kldqp8nsu4s

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

And still no spancerships...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    And still no spancerships...

Aren’t we all spancered by MiCol to some extent now? Haha

Aren’t we all spancered by MiCol to some extent now? Haha
    True. He's a solid human being.

Green chair is looking close to being done. All of the cables are up and it looks like the liftie shack is getting ready for a facelift today. When you going to hang some chairs?