Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Question: you guys got someone to put bindings on skis. I know: “mount your own”... but I got some collector edition ON3 ...and I can’t really operate a screwdriver...don’t want to screw this up!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Snagged first chair today/this season.

Awesome, awesome day. Thanks to Geoff, DW, and everybody else at Magic for all the hard work, and not dipping into their own product in the past 3 days and leaving all that pow for us tourists.

Also - where was everybody? The crowd maxed out at maybe 100 people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	586.8 KB 
ID:	219006

Name:	image.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	555.9 KB 
ID:	219007

“I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

You said it Gary.

Looks super nice!
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

It was okay. I mean, ya know, if you are into skiing right on the lift, easily getting seats at the bar at lunch, and finding untracked lines until 3pm when your legs give out and your cheeks hurt from grinning all day...it was fine.

Great pics, RG.

Holy Shit! That looks and sounds incredible. Bummed I missed out.
    Give us more pics, RG.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Magic Mt 17/18 We Clean-Up Nice!!!

"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Powdery goodness for the opening = WIN!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    It was okay. I mean, ya know, if you are into skiing right on the lift, easily getting seats at the bar at lunch, and finding untracked lines until 3pm when your legs give out and your cheeks hurt from grinning all day...it was fine.

Great pics, RG.

My 11yo skied untracked pow at like 3pm today.
    Last edited by DoWork; 12-17-2017 at 04:01 PM.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Name:  bankman.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  51.4 KB

Name:  broggi2.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  80.4 KB

Hey one of me! Bankmang pic.
    Name:  me2.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  89.0 KB

Today was awful. Sun was brutal.
    Name:  broggisun.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  109.8 KB

Easily my favorite threat on TGR. Keep in rolling - helping this southern NH transplant survive living in the mid-Atlantic.

Hell of an opening weekend and way to get shit poppin'. Legs are toast.

So who got the best core shot on the ON3P Demos?
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    So who got the best core shot on the ON3P Demos?
    Hockey stops all down Twilight for the win!

It was upsetting that Gman had to pack up early due to folks not being respectful with his gear. I’d like to think that was a few bad hombres and not reflective of the Magic community in general.

Although this Hummer was parked in the lot when I walked in.

What kind of carnage are we talking here? Compressed sidewall's? Pulled edges? I need pics. Pretty much the way it works is the reps have to buy the skis at the beginning of the season. It's not an easy gig, trashing demos is a beater move. Keep it classy, people.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I had a pair of Wrenegade 98s for 4 runs. Didn't hit anything. Those skis didn't turn for shit on the hardpack but in 8-12" of 3D snow, they turned into superheroes.

GMan and Mrs Gman stayed with us this weekend; solid peeps and can't blame him for making the call. Apparently a couple of people ruined it for errybody else. He explained how it works (paying for demos) but I can't remember exactly what he said so don't want to misstate it here.

Sat was such a great opening day. Unfortunately I wasn't expecting it to be so powdery and I left my kids fat skis at home. Worst dad ever. Tried to demo some skis for him and the 1 pair of 161 women's we're pretty much out for the day, couple runs turned into half day with no return. I can't blame them for closing up shop on the demo but at the same time opening day at magic is not a good demo option when your fleet needs to survive the season. Thanks to Geoff, dowork and all mtn ops for all the amazing changes over the last year. The place looks so good.

Sent from my XT1585 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lotsarocks View Post
    Tried to demo some skis for him and the 1 pair of 161 women's we're pretty much out for the day, couple runs turned into half day with no return.
    Whoops. That was my lady on the 161's.. it was two runs, but with the gromlets; so a teeny bit slower than the usual laps. She didn't grab them till 10:30 though, returned at 12:30; right when rep was packing up shop. Sorry about that.

Good news is she didn't damage bases at all and rep was happy about that!

I thought this was a joke on the demozzz. I'm no expert in this field but maybe don't schedule demo days on opening day Magic?

I happily beat the shit out of my own skis like usual. Did not demo.

Love the 1st pic lotsarocks,............looks like a mini version of this guy. Hahaha.

Name:	25398326_10215355859073368_8849830284340182723_o.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	219115

Skied yesterday--clearly off to a good start. Biggest difference in terms of the skier experience so far vs. last year (aside from the fact that we're open at all) is the good coverage on the road (none of those rocks poking through like last year). That's a real change for the better and shows that a lesson was learned (I personally tossed over 100 pretty good sized rocks off the trail during January last year). Coverage on that road yesterday was better than we had until probably the end of January last year. I know that a compressor went down (and there was a groomer issue), but plenty of snow was still being made and there is definitely enough already on the hill to cover immediate needs.

I assume the mountain will do well over the holidays this year, as long as we don't have catastrophic weather. Getting the 'new' beginner area done, which I guess will happen this week, should be pretty huge as well.
    [quote][//quote]

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    I totally understand the comments with regards to scheduling a demo on opening day/weekend. The challenge as was in the case here was that this was scheduled well before we knew what the conditions would be. We also wanted to help build some of the stoke for opening weekend. We knew we were taking a risk but we also were pretty clear with people in terms of saying "Hey, we understand things are thin out there in spots, please be careful." I haven't been at Magic for a few years but I got the impression that the two people who damaged skis were not part of the "core community." All the "magic faithful" that I knew from before were great and we had no issues with them or the skis they were on.

Furthermore, when the people who damaged the skis were given an opportunity to explain what happened, they basically shrugged their shoulders and walked off. Keep in mind that they also didn't tell us they damaged them, we saw it as we were putting the skis back on the rack. We wanted to stay open but given the way things were shaking out, we had to make a judgement call based on our needs for the rest of the season. I was able to take a few laps with my wife and I was pretty aware of what the conditions were and how to avoid the trouble spots. I got the feeling of it being a "not my ski, not my problem" attitude.

We will definitely be back at Magic but we will need to wait for more coverage. We like to try and plan stuff well over a month ahead of time but we may need to adapt a little when scheduling for the future.

Conditions @ Magic are rocky. Conditions @ Magic in December are extra rocky. It was cool to see you guys there though. Made the place look like a "resort" of sorts.

Not a good pic @ all but check the fire power here. Anyone who skis Magic knows this is different from previous years.

Name:  25299400_10154890236677038_1730789879815126750_n.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  64.6 KB