Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Merry Christmas to all the Magic family! All I want is a foot of fresh! And if Santa delivers? Game on. See you for 1st chair on Tuesday!

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Face shots when there's a breakable crust ain't all that. Gonna go sharpen my skates now...
    That firm, huh? Hoping that a foot of fresh turns it around for the holiday week, but worried that it'll just get scraped/blown off the steeper stuff. At least the base is locked in and it's going to stay cold?
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

I took some shrapnel to the face yesterday. Today, ungroomed means unskiable.

Well this was my porch just a few miles from Magic this morning... not a trace of wind, so an even blanket of perfect fluff is everywhere. Tomorrow is going to be incredible!

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Well this was my porch just a few miles from Magic this morning... not a trace of wind, so an even blanket of perfect fluff is everywhere. Tomorrow is going to be incredible!

Can't wait!! Will you get some well deserved turns tomorrow? Also congrats.

Sent from my XT1585 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lotsarocks View Post
    Can't wait!! Will you get some well deserved turns tomorrow? Also congrats.

I may have to make turns tomorrow morning. Haven’t skied yet this year, and it feels weird to say that. It snowed a few inches again today after the projected first wave of the storm and is just wrapping up. A town sander on its side had our street blocked in all day but once we were freed, the requisite donuts in the big lot with my FIL yielded the always-telling snow plumes over the hood. That means tomorrow is going to be really REALLY freakin good. With the base that’s down I don’t see anything except Master and BM staying closed.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Today was pretty mellow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	549.9 KB 
ID:	219694
    Not to rain on everyone's parade, but that crust is still down there. I measured 8" at my house and it was actually pretty dense but the broken up, breakable crust I tried to ski (Mystery Bowl), was not fun even on 108 underfoot skis...enough peeps skiing the steeper terrain will definitely ski it in but don't expect creamy goodness on run #1 unless you are skiing something that was groomed yesterday. That sadi, I will be in line for chair #1 tomorrow. Merry Christmas all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	548.5 KB 
ID:	219693  

So....today was one for the books. Otter and I tried Sorceror on run #1....not the right call after seeing Witch scoured to shiny on our way up. Shoulda figgered out they both face mostly west and would be similar. After that fiasco linked up with RG, PJ09, OG, MMP, there was an Aldo sighting....and off we went. Everything else on the mountain was off the charts good. Low angle glades totally in. Hate the name (Seance) but love the run. PJ09 was on the shutter today so will have to see what he has for pics. The ungroomed is all skied in (except Sorceror) and they should groom a ton tonight for snow preservation. This whole week promises to be the best December holiday week in the 7 years I've been coming...get out your warmies though. Going to earn the goodness over the next few days.

Today was pretty amazing for sure. The ice layer was interesting but not too bad. Anything low angle was as good as it gets. Got my 10 yo to do a few trails that have eluded him. Red line and the wardrobe. Pretty psyched he dropped the cliffs on red and finally discovered the love for skiing trees.

Quote Originally Posted by lotsarocks View Post
    Today was pretty amazing for sure. The ice layer was interesting but not too bad. Anything low angle was as good as it gets. Got my 10 yo to do a few trails that have eluded him. Red line and the wardrobe. Pretty psyched he dropped the cliffs on red and finally discovered the love for skiing trees.

Another beauty shot
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Fun day to be back. Judging from FB, I missed all the good stuff. But anytime you can ski redline over Xmas vacation; I'll take it.

How were conditions today? Worth a visit tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    How were conditions today? Worth a visit tomorrow?
    Excellent again today. Maybe a little more set up but definitely worth a visit tomorrow. Not sure how early I'll be out tomorrow...gonna be nipple-splitting cold and today was day#5 in a row for me. I'm pretty beat.

Photo credits to PJ09 for yesterday's shenanigans...
    OG
    Name:  OG 12-26-2017.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  102.1 KB

Otter
    Name:  Otter 12-26-2017.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  99.3 KB

MMP
    Name:  MMP 12-26-2017.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  67.6 KB

MNIAW
    Name:  Magic 12-26-2017 4.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  94.0 KB

Ugh, yea that looks pretty good to me!

Hopefully see some of you kooks tomorrow.

grey pants, maroon jacket

Excellent again today. Maybe a little more set up but definitely worth a visit tomorrow. Not sure how early I'll be out tomorrow...gonna be nipple-splitting cold and today was day#5 in a row for me. I'm pretty beat.

Photo credits to PJ09 for yesterday's shenanigans...
    OG
    Name:  OG 12-26-2017.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  102.1 KB

Otter
    Name:  Otter 12-26-2017.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  99.3 KB

MMP
    Name:  MMP 12-26-2017.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  67.6 KB

MNIAW
    Name:  Magic 12-26-2017 4.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  94.0 KB
    Great pics! Yesterday was indeed a great day. Hoping this snow trend continues through 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Magic Mt 17/18 We Clean-Up Nice!!!

Magic may not be a resort, but it felt like a private club today with Brownie grooming mid-day.

It was also the only mountain in the golden triangle to both blow snow and have summit lift access. Seriously fancy!

Edit - Forgot to add the photo.
    Last edited by Peruvian; 12-28-2017 at 04:47 PM.

What a day

Buttah hooked me up early mounting the Praxis at NSW (thanks again dude!) and I was at Magic by a little after 8. Was in civilian clothes and didn't feel like bringing all my crap to the lodge. Just as I'm about to strip down sprawled across the front seats a MILF from Mass parks next to me and just sat there with the car running for like 10 minutes. So strip I did, we only made eye contact a couple of times.

Flew incognito today, phone died two runs in. But I did make contact with some mags… Lynchy asked me very politely to put the bar down (to which I complied, but in hind site I definitely should have messed with him), I called DoWork the wrong name at the lift shack on top of redline, and though I didn't see him I'm pretty sure Peruvian and I were having lunch at the same time.

Stoked to see so many people there today, you guys have done a hell of a job.

The kid is a very solid maggot. Really polite and super chill. Hooked me up with Three Philosopher's from Ommegang and the Belgian Elephant. Take Laps with this young mag, he has the verve. It was pleasure meeting you, guy. Anytime I can help out, let I know. Drop by for a tune-up, if you're around. I'm in the shop till 3 tomorrow.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Lynchy has always been about safety.

Nice efficient weather for blowing snow Dowork?

Still lots of soft snow to be found at Magic. Today was a little milder so got a few more runs in than yesterday. Skiing is fun!

Still lots of soft snow to be found at Magic. Today was a little milder so got a few more runs in than yesterday. Skiing is fun!
    Thorner’s Corner = Trail of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post
    Thorner’s Corner = Trail of the Day
    Sure was and skiers left on kinderspiel was great. Pretty psyched that my little one skied most of the day being so frosty. Blt was jamming and it's so nice to see.

Spent the morning with little little MSB, while mini MSB visited some wierdo ski area with a working Magic Carpet.

Got out for my first skin lap of the year. Took the route that MNIAW carved this summer, very scenic. Also, kept us out of the way of massive downhill crowds as seen below...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7345.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	220164

The lack of wind yesterday made for a pretty damn good ski day. Everything was in great shape. It’s good to see Mother Nature treating Magic this well so far, especially added to all of the man-made they’ve laid down.
    Last edited by savemeasammy; 01-01-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Typical mini yesterday with MNIAW, RustyGroomer, MMP, and some Magic irregulars made for a good morning. The BLT was jamming and it sounds like it was just getting started when I left before the Tuck It race.

Any reports on the quaffing comp?