Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    Any plans to toss hay or something down over the work road to keep the rocks from popping up?
    Unfortunately, I doubt there is enough hay in all of South Dakota to cover the rocks in that road. Hopefully phase 2 will include a project to remediate that issue.

Oh and I love that The Silks are sticking around So. VT next weekend to play the BLT on opening day!

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Oh and I love that The Silks are sticking around So. VT next weekend to play the BLT on opening day!
    This....going to be a night to remember...but I doubt I will.

Fucking awesome you guys!!!!!!
    Huge props for what you've been able to pull off. Solid work EC-ers.

Vibes for mrs RG's season... too bad.
    I may have to miss you guys again this season, however I'll be lurking around here just the same. You never know though....
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Another mention in "The Best...."
    https://bestthingsvt.com/new-years-bars-clubs/
    Jeff with a G says the race is Sunday, not Saturday as mentioned in the article.
    5. Tuck it! The Dash for Cash, Londonderry, VT
    On Saturday, Magic Mountain goes into high-speed with a "Tuck It" race that is open to all and viewable from the base lodge, followed by team speed event—a beer-quaffing contest—on the new lodge deck. Finally, Sunday's New Year's Eve Party starts with a dinner, a band, and fireworks at midnight to ring in the new year. Plus, the Black Line Tavern will showcase its famous Bloody Bar to get things rolling the next morning.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    followed by team speed event—a beer-quaffing contest—on the new lodge deck.
    Do we now have a proper gelande quaffing table & mugs at Magic?!? If so, it's time to start training a Magic team for the World Championships in Jackson.

Roolz:

http://villagecafejh.com/Gelande-Quaffing

Do Work has moved on from welding to making snow (pics on social media). They've been working around the summit with Rats due to temps not being ideal. That will change tonight and it will be interesting to see what the new system can do - its gonna rock! (or rather, cover the rocks).

Now if we can just get next weeks system to phase, spin up and take the Cape Cod Canal track all will be good for opening day! Models look better......

Still welding haha... will be for a while. Snow is indeed blasting at the summit though! Crews will keep everything going around the clock until Mother Nature says otherwise!!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Still welding haha... will be for a while. Snow is indeed blasting at the summit though! Crews will keep everything going around the clock until Mother Nature says otherwise!!
    sweet! Can't wait! Still shooting for 12/16 opening if Ma nature cooperates?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The Snowbowl lift is a fixed grip quad. It's at least 25 years younger than anything that exists there now and 25 yrs older than a high speed detachable. Like most lifts it has a speed adjustment which I understand means it can be run at various speeds to the top. I'm sure the mad scientists at Magic can figure out what speed it could be run at so you can enjoy a nice sedate ride up the hill. But if you're happy with the way things are now, why mess w/ it?
    robrox only likes single chairs

What a difference 2 years makes, no words can express what you guys have accomplished and planned for our future! SKI MAGIC- crushing it!

April fools weekend was no joke last year. Very serious business.

Looks like the Easter bunny was busy.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    robrox only likes single chairs
    Got shares in it but Red has a special place in my heart, as do Castlerock and a host of other lifts serving some old school terrain.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    What a difference 2 years makes, no words can express what you guys have accomplished and planned for our future! SKI MAGIC- crushing it!

April fools weekend was no joke last year. Very serious business.
    Had many beers last night with the fussy one. He's promised to come to Magic this year. We need to make some turns together.

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    DoWork, how did it go last night? Looks like temps started to reach a reasonable level. Also looks like you might get some of the real stuff this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post
    DoWork, how did it go last night? Looks like temps started to reach a reasonable level. Also looks like you might get some of the real stuff this weekend.
    Magic is under a Winter Weather Advisory. Hopefully the snow gods have awoken!

Absolutely!

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    First passed out patron of the 17/18 season
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7176.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	242.4 KB 
ID:	218443
    Luckily the staff at the BLT didn’t kick him out and he eventually rallied.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post

Been going good- making snow up top for days now, added fans down lower as well to speed up the filling in. Things are looking really nice!

Natural falling as I type too, probably 3” or so down.

Tomorrow looks to warm, but we should be able to carry through without stopping and this week gets SUPER cold, which will be awesome for going big with fans in all the base area projects for opening weekend.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Been going good- making snow up top for days now, added fans down lower as well to speed up the filling in. Things are looking really nice!

Natural falling as I type too, probably 3” or so down.

Tomorrow looks to warm, but we should be able to carry through without stopping and this week gets SUPER cold, which will be awesome for going big with fans in all the base area projects for opening weekend.
    Got to be more then 3", there was 2 down here by 6pm, super light though not the base builder we need.

the snowmaking machine 100%, or are you still waiting on the new tech?
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Got to be more then 3", there was 2 down here by 6pm, super light though not the base builder we need.

the snowmaking machine 100%, or are you still waiting on the new tech?

Yeah I took the dog about 5 mins after than and we were around boot top depth, super fluffy.

We are still waiting on our two electric compressors, which *were* supposed to be delivered and running weeks ago. If we had them right now we would be running almost every gun we have, and opening with a far more substantial trail count. I’m going to avoid exploding with rage over that and just make it work with what we’ve got until they do arrive though.

Life isn't easy, even for a modern Major-General
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

This should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    This should help.

Nice to see others watching as closely as I do - I was just going to post that. Wish I were up there today for the pow and snow showers. Will be there next weekend. If this storm delivers - and maybe a bit more Friday - we could be skiing natural terrain for opening weekend. I presume you will be there Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Another mention in "The Best...."
    https://bestthingsvt.com/new-years-bars-clubs/
    Jeff with a G says the race is Sunday, not Saturday as mentioned in the article.
    5. Tuck it! The Dash for Cash, Londonderry, VT
    On Saturday, Magic Mountain goes into high-speed with a "Tuck It" race that is open to all and viewable from the base lodge, followed by team speed event—a beer-quaffing contest—on the new lodge deck. Finally, Sunday's New Year's Eve Party starts with a dinner, a band, and fireworks at midnight to ring in the new year. Plus, the Black Line Tavern will showcase its famous Bloody Bar to get things rolling the next morning.

Looks like a job for long boardzzzz.

Also, speaking of longboards -- The maggot-laden Magic Freedogger crew that won the 24h of Flatton last year is going back!!! We're going to defend our team overall win (and to see the looks on Team Flatton's faces when we do it again), and more importantly bring the SWEET fundraising trophy home to the Magic trophy case, where -- let's be honest -- it belongs. Please consider donating to our quest to help impoverished kids in SoVT and to unseat the Bogner-fartbag-clad evil empire from their fundraising throne.

https://www.crowdrise.com/Magic-Moun...ers/fundraiser
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.