Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Rob Holmes.
    Right. Rob Holmes of MInd the Addiction, lawndart off of Glory Hole fame.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Right. Rob Holmes of MInd the Addiction, lawndart off of Glory Hole fame.
    FKNA !
    RIP CR Johnson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCGWYp9KjFk
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    On a hot lap, I come tearing around a blind corner and a woman is plodding along right in my line. She sees me coming and freaks out a little, trying to get out of the way. It's tight and I'm not crashing into the woods so we end up bumping pretty hard. she gets knocked out one of her skis
    you seem like a nice enough dude so I think you are not trying to maliciously hurt anyone--but in the future if you find yourself in the above situation it's your responsibility to actually "crash yourself into the woods" to avoid that other skier
    If you are skiing too fast to stop and avoid a slow moving person downhill from you then it's your responsibility to avoid them at all costs even if that unfortunately means you hurt yourself
    skid luxury

I can't tell what this guy is talking about but he's unhappy about something.

Pack a lunch.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

We chased the early season snow last year to Baker the day after Thanksgiving with some friends. If anybody remembers it was a waste of time. By the time we got up there around 9:00 it was 35*, pouring rain and the mountain was fogged in.

We were on our second or third lap and the group decided beverages were in order. I pulled completely off the run on a large wide open stretch, in plain site, but out of the way for sure to wait for my wife and friends. It wasn't busy at the time where we were at. I was standing in about a foot of untracked dense wet snow/slush. All of the sudden, I hear this faint rambling of profanity that steadily became louder and louder until I hear, "OH FUCK WATCH OUT!", I get my head about halfway around to see wtf is going on and BAM! This tray racer hits me full form tackle. Guy must have been about a buck fifty because he bounces right off me, but he hits me hard enough to send me over the handle bars pretty good. Right binding, check. Left binding, no bueno. I "hear" the "pop" in my leg and begin to feel that warm sensation in my calf. I knew immediately I had at least a partial tear in my calf. Guy asked if I was okay several times, but never once said he was sorry. Luckily I was about 80% by the time the season kicked off back home.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    didn’t you mention earlier about crashing into
    a women at a cross over section on the hill?
    not crashing..."so we end up bumping pretty hard" as in , clipping her. I tried my best to avoid hitting her. running off trail wasn't an option. It happens split second. no tire screeching brakes before the big impact. I couldn't even hockey stop on my edge in time. If there was any semblance of a crash, she would've left on a sled. She flinched in panic seeing me coming. totally my fault but a near miss. I've managed to avoid tons of near impacts, kids jumping blind into a vulnerable spot, kids ripping out of the woods without any clue.
    point of the thread is, I saw a video where there was a conflict based on a near impact and it happens all the time. I've heard some nasty stories from patrol friends. People do stupid shit, myself included. It's amazing that we ripped around all those years, no helmet. I won't ride without one now.

totally my fault but a near miss.
    You didn't miss her, you hit her. How are you sustaining this level of gibberish?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

yard sale/ crash and burn thread would lighten the mood before any lawyer types show up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvu6LP9hbBE

not crashing..."so we end up bumping pretty hard" as in , clipping her. I tried my best to avoid hitting her. running off trail wasn't an option. It happens split second. no tire screeching brakes before the big impact. I couldn't even hockey stop on my edge in time. If there was any semblance of a crash, she would've left on a sled. She flinched in panic seeing me coming. totally my fault but a near miss. I've managed to avoid tons of near impacts, kids jumping blind into a vulnerable spot, kids ripping out of the woods without any clue.
    point of the thread is, I saw a video where there was a conflict based on a near impact and it happens all the time. I've heard some nasty stories from patrol friends. People do stupid shit, myself included. It's amazing that we ripped around all those years, no helmet. I won't ride without one now.
    You hit her hard enough to knock her ski off... and you call that a near miss?

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    You didn't miss her, you hit her. How are you sustaining this level of gibberish?
    and you were there to witness it ? either I full on bulldozed her or didn't make any contact ? I never said I missed her. I clipped her, bumped into her, almost blew her out of both skis at 40 mph. if I nailed her, she would've been in shock like a car accident. Go chase an ambulance.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    He nearly missed her......

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    nuther JONG chiming in. she tried to jump out of the way, she said. I could draw you a diagram but envision me on the far right side and she pops in front of me as the trails bisect and I react quickly to avoid a disaster. she's downhill so I'm at fault. personally , I look uphill when I cross there, but whatever. ever been to Vail ? front face. bisecting trails everywhere, cat walks crossing big wide trails you can go fast on.

I'm confused... Anyway I've wiped myself out twice so I never hit someone. One was a jerry stopped right below a blind rollover, I threw myself off the trail and spun halfway down the mountain. Second one was a lady with her kids on a cross track ignoring her "trails merge look uphill sign" she came out of nowhere I went into the trees and got lucky.

I have bumped into a snowbarder before but it was as much his fault as mine. We were both super apologetic and his mates all laughed and gave him shit even though I felt it was my bad. No harm done, it happens.

I've seen some nasty crashes over the years. Collisions way worse than this .
    This is pretty funny, 3:25 shoves the tall guy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjuRY4ftCoE
    Reposts give you cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    He nearly missed her......
    by the look of her dinged ski, I managed to zing right across her skis perpendicular like and she crumpled into a pile of terrified. Bindings release when twisted, especially when they're set on a beginner level.

Quote Originally Posted by Aus George View Post
    I'm confused... Anyway I've wiped myself out twice so I never hit someone. One was a jerry stopped right below a blind rollover, I threw myself off the trail and spun halfway down the mountain. Second one was a lady with her kids on a cross track ignoring her "trails merge look uphill sign" she came out of nowhere I went into the trees and got lucky.

I have bumped into a snowbarder before but it was as much his fault as mine. We were both super apologetic and his mates all laughed and gave him shit even though I felt it was my bad. No harm done, it happens.
    I've had far worse collisions with friends. Fooling around riding side by side and you get a little too close. When your speedy buddy decides to pass you just a little too close and the earbuds are cranked so you hear nothing..until...WHOA ! never got hurt or hurt anyone. better off to ride like a pussy and keep it safe, or not.

we end up bumping pretty hard. she gets knocked out one of her skis. She doesn't noticed it, she's so freaked out. she's kinda speechless other than "you could have killed me".
    if I nailed her, she would've been in shock like a car accident.
    So you bumped her pretty hard going 40mph and blew her out of her ski. She was so stunned/freaked out that she wasnt coherent enough to answer basic questions, and could only repeat "you could have killed me".

And now you are saying that it was a near miss, and she was not in shock.

K.

I like to yell at racer types carving on traverses, when overtaking. Like, loud enough to make them jump out of their carve.

Let me at 'em.

Sent from my LGMS330 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Snow View Post
    I like to yell at racer types carving on traverses, when overtaking. Like, loud enough to make them jump out of their carve.
    is that to make up for your insecurity due to lack of skills ?
    prepare for a thorough JONGING, JONG.

I once got taken out by a jong snowboarder.
    He hit me so hard my femur was bruised.
    Did I miss my chance to sue someone?

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    I once got taken out by a jong snowboarder.
    He hit me so hard my femur was bruised.
    Did I miss my chance to sue someone?
    sounds like there's plenny attorney types in here that could take your case.
    Hopefully said jong snowboarder has a rich dad and will settle out of court.
    wait , you're in westchester. Can't through a baseball very far without hitting a douchebag lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    so you may not have noticed in your absence
    but we’ve replaced a few dentists with lawyers.
    HA!

sounds like there's plenny attorney types in here that could take your case.
    Hopefully said jong snowboarder has a rich dad and will settle out of court.
    wait , you're in westchester. Can't through a baseball very far without hitting a douchebag lawyer.
    It was some chubby guy try to learn how to snowboard and somehow got target fixated at me.
    I was pretty mad, but what you gonna do.
    He was learning and out of control.
    He apologized and I accepted.

I found out my femur was bruised later because my bruise never went away after a month.
    Thank god he didn’t actually break it.

Seriously, there has to be some new material out there. Start looking:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=C...=ski+collision