Exclamation Homemade Ski Workshop?

So I've been trying to do a project with my high school where I learn about/build a pair of handmade skis. I know some companies such as Community Skis actually have workshops where students can learn from ski builders and construct a pair themselves with the help of the company. Does anybody know of any companies in New England/the east coast that do this type of thing? I know Parlor Skis in Boston does some workshops, but after being in contact with them it turns out they won't be able to help me this Winter/Spring as they r super busy in the Winter. If anybody has any suggestions that would be much appreciated. I have been trying to contact some companies and get leads but have had no luck. I have already worked super hard to do as much research online as I can and have even applied for/received grant money for materials from my school. So if anybody is a part of or knows any East Coast/New England companies that could help me build a pair of skis that would be awesome. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m85adc View Post
    I have already worked super hard to do as much research online as I can
    That sounds like it should easily get you an A. Did you find any other cool stuff on the internet during your searching?

Also, there is an old teleskier up in ME that posts here a lot. His username is rontele. Send him a private message. He builds a lot of his own skis and was one of the founders of the DPS crew.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Thanks for the reply. I did find quite a bit of cool info, including a ton of small skis companies I did not know existed, but I have only found ones out West that offer the opportunity to build in their shop (besides Parlor). I will send rontele a message, I am sure if he helped found DPS he knows his stuff. Thanks for the help.

m85adc

tech talk, JONG

& fucking change your name

lick me,
    M Series JONG
    PM me your favorite stashes, I'll send you a pic of skidog's tits

Alias for M. Lish?????

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Also, there is an old teleskier up in ME that posts here a lot. His username is rontele. Send him a private message. He builds a lot of his own skis and was one of the founders of the DPS crew.
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by M series JONG View Post
    m85adc

tech talk, JONG

& fucking change your name

lick me,
    M Series JONG
    The lulz, they work on many levels here.

the M guys should start a team , or a club
    hats
    t shirts
    stickers
    hella cool !
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    the M guys should start a team , or a club
    hats
    t shirts
    stickers
    hella cool !
    Don't forget the dope instagram feed with all the footie for the boys.

are you willing to learn Chinese ?
    You must travel to the source.
    Maybe start a GoFundMe page
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...uring-in-China

Certainly by now you've found skibuilders.com. Their forum has a healthy East coast Chapter and probably more than a few folks who would probably hold your hand through the process. If you go the vacuum press rather than the traditional press route you should be able to pull off the construction without the help of a boutique style company. The hardest part of building just one pair of skis is buying the materials in small quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by XCextreme View Post
    Certainly by now you've found skibuilders.com. Their forum has a healthy East coast Chapter and probably more than a few folks who would probably hold your hand through the process. If you go the vacuum press rather than the traditional press route you should be able to pull off the construction without the help of a boutique style company. The hardest part of building just one pair of skis is buying the materials in small quantities.

thanks for putting that up, XC. I think we scared the kid away, but still a very cool website and forum. I hung out with the Parlor guys last year in Boston with the Narragansett beer team and need to check out the facility. We made our own kiteboards back in the day and they turned out super heavy and not really worth the time & money. custom skis would rock, I have a custom snowboard from canada, coiler.com

If you need shop space you might look at a non-profit makerspace. Plenty of them in NE.
    https://thetakemagazine.com/new-england-maker-spaces/
    There might even be someone at one of these with ski making experience. You will have access to the tools you need to make forms and clamp up the skis. Maybe discount rates for students.