Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    @Silver....False. Even when trying to be helpful, why be a douche.

Again, I'd like to see this thread as a roll call of sorts, of people that have actually made a call or calls. Feel free to call your reps as well as the FCC.
    How does calling your representatives on this issue help? They have no vote on the issue.

They don't vote on it but they can certainly put pressure on the FCC. We don't get to vote for the FCC. We get to vote for people who could definitely make this go away.

http://www.slate.com/articles/techno...destroyed.html

More info here. Whether you believe Slate or not, there's a good explanation of how things might go if your Rep. Congress people pull the right levers.

On the bright side, if the Republicans break the internet they'll be done forever.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    On the bright side, if the Republicans break the internet they'll be done forever.
    Breaking he internet does fit into their plan of dragging us back to 1950, so...

Again, I'd like to see this thread as a roll call of sorts, of people that have actually made a call or calls. Feel free to call your reps as well as the FCC.
    You don't control the internet. . . yet ; )

The revolution will not be televised.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    Calling your representatives is pointless on this issue. Call the FCC directly. 1-888-225-5322
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    They don't vote on it but they can certainly put pressure on the FCC. We don't get to vote for the FCC. We get to vote for people who could definitely make this go away.

http://www.slate.com/articles/techno...destroyed.html

More info here. Whether you believe Slate or not, there's a good explanation of how things might go if your Rep. Congress people pull the right levers.
    My understanding is that Congress would have to draft a law contradicting this measure, then pass it. It's highly unlikely that the GOP majority Congress would try to exert any symbolic pressure on the FCC which they have no direct control over.

That said it couldn't hurt to tell everyone concerned that you're against this. I have no representation in Congress so for me it's a moot point.

Complacency is what they are banking on. It's easy for them to defend their actions when constituents don't contact them with differing views. Make the fucking call. It takes less than a minute.
    He's a corrupt, militant Christian pos. Hopefully he'll just be gone next November.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I'll take "Shit that always gets ignored" for $500 please, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I'll take "Shit that always gets ignored" for $500 please, Alex.
    Oh, it won't be ignored. Since only "elites" sign on line petitions--the more people that sign this petition the happier Trump will be and the more he will like Pai.

While it's obvious FLS doesn't get how rule change works for the various reasons already mentioned in this thread, I did call my Senators and reps and signed the petition...both Oregon senators and all reps are already against the FCC rule changes. Even Rep Walden, typically a turbo Trump buttlicker, is against the rule change.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    While it's obvious FLS doesn't get how rule change works for the various reasons already mentioned in this thread, I did call my Senators and reps and signed the petition...both Oregon senators and all reps are already against the FCC rule changes. Even Rep Walden, typically a turbo Trump buttlicker, is against the rule change.
    That's the thing. I'm sure Danes and Geanforte would more or less tell me to get fucked and Tester already agrees with my side.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

So they tell you to get fucked. If you call, you participated and if they see enough constituents jumping ship and voting for someone else next cycle, they might get in line. Or you could spend more time posting about how you're not going to call than actually just making the calls and accomplish nothing. Thanks for not participating in our democracy.

^^^ this, 100%

Did some research, and this looks right:
    Only five people at the FCC get to vote.
    Ajit Pai, Mignon Clyburn, Michael O'Rielly, Brendan Carr, and Jessica Rosenworcel.
    Both Mignon and Jessica plan to vote keep net neutrality. To defeat the net neutrality repeal one of the other three need to change their vote. Two of them are former Verizon executives. I wonder how they'll vote.
    Ajit Pai: 202-418-1000
    Michael O'Rielly: 202-418-2300
    Brendan Carr 202-418-2200
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

So they tell you to get fucked. If you call, you participated and if they see enough constituents jumping ship and voting for someone else next cycle, they might get in line. Or you could spend more time posting about how you're not going to call than actually just making the calls and accomplish nothing. Thanks for not participating in our democracy.
    Amazing how some people are more than happy to count themselves out to justify their whining.

I'd be surprised to say the least if O'Reily or Carr flipped. Stranger things have happened. Remember Wheeler was going to kill it but enough people spoke out and got him to change...Enough people speak up and speak out, these shit heads should be afraid to show their faces.

Good times...

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Sig worthy.

Why is there not more discussion about this.

Why are people on here not outraged.

Where is DD? @digitaldeath

This thread is meant for those that have actually done something other than just complain. Actually made a phone call, wrote a letter, sent an email, etc. etc. There are tons of resources out there where you can actually do something (better than doing NOTHING).

Make some noise.

Ajit Pai, Chairman Ajit.Pai@fcc.gov
    Michael O'Rielly, Commissioner mike.o'rielly@fcc.gov
    Brendan Carr, Commissioner Brendan.Carr@fcc.gov
    Mignon Clyburn, Commissioner Mignon.Clyburn@fcc.gov
    Jessica Rosenworcel, Commissioner Jessica.Rosenworcel@fcc.gov

Who's who... http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...htmlstory.html

https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/search/proc...ame:((17-108))

Federal Communications Commission
    445 12th Street SW, Washington, DC 20554

That's the thing. I'm sure Danes and Geanforte would more or less tell me to get fucked and Tester already agrees with my side.
    Revolutions aren't won by defeatist attitudes,

https://nyti.ms/2hT01cd

There's a march on DC December 13 (If anyone sees a mass transit rideshare thing happening, post it up)

https://www.facebook.com/events/397458310684312/

If you can't make it, there are lots of other protests scheduled around the country popping up, Decmber 7.

http://www.verizonprotests.com/

List of events near you...More info. right scroll bar.

https://events.battleforthenet.com/

5 Things You Should Do...

http://www.care2.com/causes/5-things...eutrality.html

Right now, the first 3-4 pages of reddit are totally committed to posted up representatives that are either fighting for net neutrality or if they have sold you out and for how much. Looks pretty sweet.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

There's a march on DC December 13
    Isn't the decision coming down on the 12th?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Isn't the decision coming down on the 12th?
    Dec 14th.

Rosenworcel and Clyburn are already no votes so leave them alone. Work on O'Rielly and Carr. Pai will never change his mind now that he is getting death threats and threats to his family - seems that Redditors and 4chan-ers truly are fucking idiots.