TR: Mission Hills San Diego

Went rock climbing a few minutes from my house the other day!
    I'd heard a little bit about this place, but never checked it out. I've never been rock climbing before. It didn't seem like a very beginner friendly spot. There was some slick crack climbing and the lowest route was Mission Control, a 5.7 (shown in the video) that didn't have many bolts on it and seemed like it was under rated.
    Anyone else been there?
    Tate

www.DeathCookieEntertainment.com

Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

Never been there but looks like a fun place.

Nothing like good beer after a day of climbing. I have never been there, looks like fun juggy climbing. It is amazing how many climbing spots have been developed in soCal since I climbed a lot.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Nice we can see that from the house. That old damn up there is kinda cool. It's the oldest water project in the western US and was built by enslaved natives.

A TR . . . cool! Looks like a fun place. Climbing isn't easy to document with photos and even harder to video. Nice job.

Side note: I really want a camper rig.

Had amazing time up torey pines last summer, can't recommend San Diego highly enough

Nice video. I have climbed there many times, but it has been awhile. Nice that it is in town and has intermediate routes, but that facies of the Santiago Peak volcanic is so calcium rich all the holds feel greasy. Check out El Cajon mtn (El Cap), only a few more minutes drive from Cardiff and the rock is really good. Several intermediate multi pitch sport and trad routes. Takes about an hour to hike in and painfully hot in the summer, but this time of year it is awesome.
    Last edited by 406; 01-10-2018 at 08:51 AM.

i Also like Climbing but i'm injured yet.....

That's close to me. El Cajon Mountain sits out my kitchen window Its the big boy around here

"Hard to believe just over that hill is a bunch of nail salons and liquor stores, but - heh- if you're a climber you probably need that kind of stuff." Classic line with more truth to it that you know Taters Gonna have to hook up with you one of these times I'm down there to see if we can find some mischief
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

In San Diego an easy to get to and interesting spot is the wall at sunset cliffs (TR with anchor from car). Nothing like climbing with waves crashing right behind you. Worth doing at least once around sunset