Page 19 of 149 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Leavenworth - PM on way... Pray to Gawd they are expensive...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

FYI, if anyone is looking for a 194 XXL in the Denver area I just posted a pair to CL...sorry no shipping:

FS - DYNASTAR XXLS 194CM & PX 14, MOUNTED FOR 308 (FRONT RANGE, NO SHIPPING)
    Two kids, pushing 50 and I’m finally pruning the 9 ski quiver down. Just too busy to deal with shipping so I’m offering these up for the front range. Lots of pics posted up on the CL ad. Also, as I get time I’ll be posting up more skis...may even sell my 187s mounted up with Pivot 14s.

https://denver.craigslist.org/spo/d/...785613747.html

I wonder if Permin will have Dynastar make a Proto-type ski in a mid-100cm waist. They're really missing that in their line-up IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    I wonder if Permin will have Dynastar make a Proto-type ski in a mid-100cm waist. They're really missing that in their line-up IMO.
    My lips are sealed but the future looks bright.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post

Hopefully it can replace the Peacemaker that Blizzard foolishly got rid of.

God I loved that ski.

Seems like I'll need to save some $$$ for that and the Proto to accompany the Pro Riders and Legend Factory

I'm being a Dynastar whore.

Finally mounted up the Legend x106, first ever pair of Dynastars. I'm a simple ski reviewer.

They're pretty fucking boss.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Finally mounted up the Legend x106, first ever pair of Dynastars. I'm a simple ski reviewer.

Go jump on some old school metal Dynastars next.

Who here uses Big Dumps? How do they compare to the stiffer RES skis like Supergoats? How are they for comp skiing?

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

They're all I've been riding so far this year. Even on groomers, they're awesome. I have the x88 but have only skied them a couple times this season. I pick up my x96 tomorrow and am excited to run those this weekend. I may have to get rid of the 88's, though, in order to keep my wife happy... She doesn't understand math: n+1 and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    ... in order to keep my wife happy... She doesn't understand math: n+1 and all that...
    When wives are involved I believe the math becomes n+2.
    One for you and one for her.
    At least that's worked for me recently.

LS, is the LP still a potential option...?

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by freerideskiing View Post
    Who here uses Big Dumps? How do they compare to the stiffer RES skis like Supergoats? How are they for comp skiing?
    I ski Big Dumps sometimes. I've never skied Supergoats, so I can't compare. I don't compete, either.

Big Dumps are super-heavy (good), and powerful (good). They're plenty stiff enough that they do the following for me: With dull edges, yes I can get the edges to bite into somewhat soft surfaces, which results in the ski flexing into an arc (good)...But on very firm surfaces I can't get dull edges to bite enough to engage the stiff ski into an arc, so they just skid for me in those cases without flexing as much as I want during the turn (not ideal).
    SOLUTION: Always keep the edges sharp, or else ski soft snow. And never ski slow.

If I competed, BigDumps would NOT be my 1st choice for tight sections, or short radius turns, or billygoating. Yes, should be a worthy comp ski for large radius turns, stomps, and straight lines. And its heavy weight will eventually turn you into a stronger skier, when you try lighter skis again after that.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    When wives are involved I believe the math becomes n+2.
    One for you and one for her.
    At least that's worked for me recently.
    The problem is that she doesn't want any more than she has and would rather have this to hold over my head than for me to get her new skis, too. It's all taught at the School of Wifery. Look it up, it's all in the curriculum.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    They're all I've been riding so far this year. Even on groomers, they're awesome. I have the x88 but have only skied them a couple times this season. I pick up my x96 tomorrow and am excited to run those this weekend. I may have to get rid of the 88's, though, in order to keep my wife happy... She doesn't understand math: n+1 and all that...
    What size are the 88’s?

If you like them you probably won’t love the 96. It’s less ski than the other two.

186 x88 and 188 x106, plus a 118+ ski, is a damn fine quiver for the front of boots directional skier.

I'm here to report that Protos are super fun in creamy pow, just channel your inner Richard Permin, try ski fast and send it off everything in sight.

I'm here to report that Protos are super fun in creamy pow, just channel your inner Richard Permin, try ski fast and send it off everything in sight.
    The ones I handflexed felt pretty good. Just wider than I need. I need LPs!
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

That is the current one with some rocker in the tail and 24-m radius? I bet it is awesome. Seems like they took the old Cham 117 added tail rocker and a little bigger turn radius. Did you ever ski the Cham 117? How different is the on the snow feel?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I have a feeling I'll be getting a pair of Protos and whatever Dynastar has in store in the mid-100s waist for a Permin-esque ski.

LP and Legend Factory(I hope) are great for all-out balls to the wall, but the Proto and that dream ski should be a blast to dick around on when going fast isn't possible/too much work.

It costs about $67 per ski to ship to Denmark, where I may be going in February. I could then bring some back with my luggage at whatever price for baggage. I'll know if and when I'm going in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    That's cheap AF for those skis.

I can't imagine shipping to the US would be much more expensive. If anything, you could try using shipskis.com or something with a ski bag/big box (looks like it's ~$290 for one way for a single skibag up to 45 pounds), bundle the skis together, send it to one person in the US who then ships them onward to the rest of the US buyers and if you used a bag sends the bag back to you.

A lot of legwork but if you can get some reputable members to go along it may be most cost effective.

I bet you could get some EU and US buyers if interested.

If Leavenworth's opportunity falls through somehow, I'd be interested in a 192 pair for sure.

Do it. I take a 192
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    I ski Big Dumps sometimes. I've never skied Supergoats, so I can't compare. I don't compete, either.

Big Dumps are super-heavy (good), and powerful (good). They're plenty stiff enough that they do the following for me: With dull edges, yes I can get the edges to bite into somewhat soft surfaces, which results in the ski flexing into an arc (good)...But on very firm surfaces I can't get dull edges to bite enough to engage the stiff ski into an arc, so they just skid for me in those cases without flexing as much as I want during the turn (not ideal).
    SOLUTION: Always keep the edges sharp, or else ski soft snow. And never ski slow.

If I competed, BigDumps would NOT be my 1st choice for tight sections, or short radius turns, or billygoating. Yes, should be a worthy comp ski for large radius turns, stomps, and straight lines. And its heavy weight will eventually turn you into a stronger skier, when you try lighter skis again after that.

Thanks for the mini review!

Quote Originally Posted by freerideskiing View Post
    Thanks for the mini review!
    here's my review of the big dump:

take a 2x6 and bend the tip up. put a set of bindings on it. have fun!

The Dynastar Thread

If someone is interested in Big Dumps.... consider buying a pair of Atomic Atlas 192s that are floating about here on GS for less than $100.

Or the ad I have posted for big dumps on here

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk