Page 61 of 149 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3712
    I've got a pair of minty, never been unwrapped, LP 105s in a 192 available if anyone's interested. They're the F-Team version ZomblibulaX shared on page 57 for those curious.

Paid ~$700 w/o shipping, willing to let go for $550 shipped to CONUS (also open to reasonable offers).

Waxman, what makes you say 108 over the 99 free?
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

It would be easier to find the picture w a post #. The number of posts per page vary by user choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    It would be easier to find the picture w a post #. The number of posts per page vary by user choice.
    Feel free to look back and report.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Post #1409 for those that are curious as to what the ski looks like.
    For Sale:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Was asked a few pages ago - anybody got any time on the M-Tour 99....ultimate volcano slayer or pingy deflecting POS??? The season cometh.
    x2, hoping to build momentum for someone to go pick up a pair and report back

108 vs 99, it pains me to say it as I was really hoping for a worthy replacement for the Slicer/Menace after what? 14 years? The 108 is one of our most go to skis in demo, most everyone likes it, it is "fun" and does most things well.
    I'm 3 or 4 days in on the 99 and so far it is just average, kind of lifeless (maybe damp because it does shine on groomers oddly enough).
    I've tried the two longest lengths and a couple different mount positions and I can't find the joy.
    The M-Pro 99 is a better ski for the width unless you fell you need rocker etc.
    I am not a flippy dippy jib guy so maybe I'm missing the Free 99s potential there? I've skied 50 odd different skis since New Years and the 99 is middle to low in the pack.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Good to know.

Was looking for a more playful ski but seeing as I'm EC-based, a 99 made more sense for the few pow days I get but if the 108 is that much better, as you seem to indicate, the extra 9mm may be trivial to the performance.

Had hoped the M Free 99 would be similar to the old Blizzard Peacemaker, one of my all-time favorite EC skis.
    For Sale:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Had the Slicer Factory and Menace 98 and was hoping for a heavier MFree 99 with longer turning radius than it has.

Got the 2021 Candide 2.0 on a whim to kinda take the place of the Menace 98 and it’s shockingly good. It’s stiffer and a bit heavier than the Menace 98 was but it’s still more playful than a typical charger.
    Has rubber damping like the Menace 98 had so quiet on the snow but with better tips for passing over crud etc. Great grip like the Menace 98 but a more versatile turning radius that’s still fun carving at mid speeds but fine at highway speeds.

Love them so much I’ve order the 2021 3.0 to match them!

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Good to know.

Was looking for a more playful ski but seeing as I'm EC-based, a 99 made more sense for the few pow days I get but if the 108 is that much better, as you seem to indicate, the extra 9mm may be trivial to the performance.

Had hoped the M Free 99 would be similar to the old Blizzard Peacemaker, one of my all-time favorite EC skis.
    As a huge fan of the Peacemaker, I can say that the MFree 108 is the most similar I've found. Period. The only other ski that has come close is the OG Candide 3.0 (the 108mm one). The MFree 99 could be in a similar boat, but I don't have any insight there. It's worth noting that the one gripe I had about the Peacemaker was the length - one of the big pluses for me with the MF108 is I can have it in a 192 instead of 186. So if you wanted a shorter or longer Peacemaker you may just like the MF108 a whole lot. But if you liked the lengths on the Peacemaker the way they were, the MF108 is weird in that it only comes in 10cm increments.

All that being said, I also own the Menace 98. I still love it for low-tide days in Colorado/Montana/NM, so you may like that ski as well.

shroom and I spent all day looking for the mfree108 speedlimit, including refrozen crud and lumpy sun-affect groomers.

Couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    shroom and I spent all day looking for the mfree108 speedlimit, including refrozen crud and lumpy sun-affect groomers.

Couldn't find it.
    I’ll be looking for this elusive “speed limit” again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    I'm 3 or 4 days in on the 99 and so far it is just average, kind of lifeless (maybe damp because it does shine on groomers oddly enough).
    I've tried the two longest lengths and a couple different mount positions and I can't find the joy.
    The M-Pro 99 is a better ski for the width unless you fell you need rocker etc.
    Was somehow guessing this but thanks for confirming first hand. Wondered why they add a 99 Free when having the well-received Pro in the line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Was somehow guessing this but thanks for confirming first hand. Wondered why they add a 99 Free when having the well-received Pro in the line-up.
    MFree-99 replaces the Menace 98

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I haven't skied any of the M Free line-up so am guessing a bit just from what I've read but, if the MF 99 is following suit of the MF 108, it's probably a bit different ski than the MP 99. I have the MP 99 and love that ski but I tend to be a more directional skier and not so much into 'playfulness' which the MF 108 is noted for. I might really like the MF line but I think there are probably some nuances that make the MP a better choice for what I use it for.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I haven't skied any of the M Free line-up so am guessing a bit just from what I've read but, if the MF 99 is following suit of the MF 108, it's probably a bit different ski than the MP 99. I have the MP 99 and love that ski but I tend to be a more directional skier and not so much into 'playfulness' which the MF 108 is noted for. I might really like the MF line but I think there are probably some nuances that make the MP a better choice for what I use it for.
    Makes sense to me as an old school directional skier too.

Public Service Announcement. Thanks to the guys over on the solly binding thread I can tell you that my LP105s with steel 916s are over 4000 grams per foot.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

It took a few February snow days for me to get the time on the Factory Protos; here is my update:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1819ski-dynastar-pr-oto-factory.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	365599
    189 145/118/135 - stiff as hell (as expected)
    Me: 6' 195 - 55yrs young

I skied them 5 days, and believe that I previously read that it takes at least 5 days to get these broken in. 4 days in at least 10" of powder, usually chopped up after the first few hours. 1 day with less snow and more groomer skiing (for the heck of it). I like the trees and am an old school carver. Usually like shorter radius turning skis, bought these knowing they would ski longer.

Good:
    - no speed limit has been found yet, groomer, pow or chop - no worries
    - surprisingly good to turn on a groomed surface, can get them to carve like normal long boards
    - really good at the chop, the tip does not deflect and you can use the tails to power turns down the fall line
    - easy floating (obviously) - leaving my legs with more energy throughout the day (once I figured them out)
    - best looking ski on the mountain

Not as good:
    - wish they were slightly shorter for trees and tight stuff. But, I'm figuring out how to slarve them

That's about it...I believe that I can feel them breaking in and becoming easier to turn. I'm looking forward to the 10th day on them. It could be me learning how to use them properly; I think a combo of that and them becoming slightly softer with time. In the four days, I've had at least two runs ripping under a chair to cheers from above, so I know they are screaming through the chop.

Good skis - original intention was to buy my first set of "real" powder boards. Now to convince the wife to allow a cat trip, or to book an interlodge at Alta.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    As a huge fan of the Peacemaker, I can say that the MFree 108 is the most similar I've found. Period. The only other ski that has come close is the OG Candide 3.0 (the 108mm one). The MFree 99 could be in a similar boat, but I don't have any insight there. It's worth noting that the one gripe I had about the Peacemaker was the length - one of the big pluses for me with the MF108 is I can have it in a 192 instead of 186. So if you wanted a shorter or longer Peacemaker you may just like the MF108 a whole lot. But if you liked the lengths on the Peacemaker the way they were, the MF108 is weird in that it only comes in 10cm increments.

All that being said, I also own the Menace 98. I still love it for low-tide days in Colorado/Montana/NM, so you may like that ski as well.
    Interesting. Definitely peaked my interest then. Will keep my eyes peeled for sales this spring for a pair of 182s.

I loved the 186 for east-coast tree skiing, I couldn't have gone any larger at my size. I definitely missed a larger ski when I was out west, but that happens once, maybe twice a year, and I have LP105s or Protos for those days.
    For Sale:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Ready Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1614874412.128487.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	181.0 KB 
ID:	365822

Corbett's has the MF108 on sale now with all sizes currently available.

https://www.corbetts.com/2021-dynastar-m-free-108-skis/

That's $559 Canadian Pesos which gets you to around $445 USD with the current conversion rates.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Worth asking Ptex1 if he has any 192s left, I got his last pair of 182s for $480 shipped! Steal.
    For Sale:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Quote Originally Posted by mcf258 View Post
    I was debating btwn mfree 108 and Volkl Blaze 106 and choose the Volkl based on having a 186. These rec's have me reconsidering.....the skis haven't shipped yet........hmmmmm
    I got a blaze 106 mounted with Tecton, such a fun ski. Now I'm scheming on an mfree 108 mounted alpine but an m-pro 99 might be the wiser quiver building addition.

Yeah I wish there was a mid-180s cause a long 180/low 190 is a lil too much for my size in EC trees.

Still, really excited to get my hands on these and see what the fuss is about. Probably gonna throw my 2nd CAST set up on em.
    For Sale:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    It took a few February snow days for me to get the time on the Factory Protos; here is my update:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1819ski-dynastar-pr-oto-factory.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	365599
    189 145/118/135 - stiff as hell (as expected)
    Me: 6' 195 - 55yrs young

I skied them 5 days, and believe that I previously read that it takes at least 5 days to get these broken in. 4 days in at least 10" of powder, usually chopped up after the first few hours. 1 day with less snow and more groomer skiing (for the heck of it). I like the trees and am an old school carver. Usually like shorter radius turning skis, bought these knowing they would ski longer.

Good:
    - no speed limit has been found yet, groomer, pow or chop - no worries
    - surprisingly good to turn on a groomed surface, can get them to carve like normal long boards
    - really good at the chop, the tip does not deflect and you can use the tails to power turns down the fall line
    - easy floating (obviously) - leaving my legs with more energy throughout the day (once I figured them out)
    - best looking ski on the mountain

Not as good:
    - wish they were slightly shorter for trees and tight stuff. But, I'm figuring out how to slarve them

That's about it...I believe that I can feel them breaking in and becoming easier to turn. I'm looking forward to the 10th day on them. It could be me learning how to use them properly; I think a combo of that and them becoming slightly softer with time. In the four days, I've had at least two runs ripping under a chair to cheers from above, so I know they are screaming through the chop.

Good skis - original intention was to buy my first set of "real" powder boards. Now to convince the wife to allow a cat trip, or to book an interlodge at Alta.
    I'd be curious what it looks like breaking those ones in. Break-in on the less aggressive PROTO (19/20) took a little while, and you're on a more burly iteration. Not sure the version you're on will be as kind or user-friendly in the long run.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Ski Essentials take on the M Free 99...sounds much like the 108, no surprise: