Page 31 of 149 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    I would guess the M-pro is gonna be more Menace 10X than Legend 105.

Back in the day I had
    SkiCross 10
    Legend 8000
    Legend 8800
    Mythic Rider
    Legend Pro XXL

Tried the Cham - DESPISED them, and haven't looked back at Dynastar since. Sounds like they may have brought back the goods. Will check them out this year. Snowbird is probably the Dynastar place again I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    That'd be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    I’m not stoked on these 189 protos. They ski super short and loose. Probably lots of fun in powder but this is not an XXL replacement. Not even a little.

Well, that saved me $407.99.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bozo T. Clown; 09-16-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo T. Clown View Post
    Well, that saved me $407.99.
    For the record if I had access to a heli these would be in my quiver.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

<em>

Tour of the race room. "This workshop is only dedicated for the racing skis, and the prototype skis." They're all wearing Rossignol t-shirts. But Dynastar and Rossignol top sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo T. Clown View Post
    [I] They're all wearing Rossignol t-shirts. But Dynastar and Rossignol top sheets.
    Rossignol group owns Dynastar, look, Lange, etc.

The Dynastar Thread

I’ve skied my race room construction PROTOS courtesy of LVS for 3 days and a run. So far, I’m very impressed. Haven’t skied them in the super deep, but they’ve handled 5’’-10’’ of heavy to medium density pow nicely. Surprisingly good dust on crust ski, took them out on those conditions just to see how they would do and I kept skiing them.

Very loose, but more versatile than most skis I’ve used/owned that ski this loose. Handle groomers fine and chop/crud quite well. I could see them feeling like too little ski for a true clydesdale.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Rossignol group owns Dynastar, look, Lange, etc.
    Yeah. I was attempting to preempt any TGR-style, "Wrong thread JONG. That's the Rossignol HQ in Saint-Jean-de-Moirans. This is the Dynastar thread. My Legend Pros with the metal protectors on the tips and tails say Chamonix on them." In any case, Vive la France.

I now see that, of course, all of the "brands" have their own YouTube channels: Dynastar, Rossignol, Nordica, Atomic, etc. It is 2019.

Dynastar's looks like it has the most actual skiing. While Nordica's, instead of having "Dominik Paris on how I won the Hahnenkamm three times," has "Ski Tips with Michael Rogan: How To Carry Your Skis."
    Last edited by Bozo T. Clown; 09-16-2019 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Commune, not département. YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Anyone have any more info on this they want to divulge? Are we looking at a Jeffrey type ski or Woodsman?

Just wanted to give a quick update on the Pro Rider F-Team group buy, got word that the bad boys should be arriving into the country around mid-October. I will be contacting you all individually when they are ready to ship. Think snow and ski fast...
    https://www.facebook.com/FreerideWor...7797795387243/
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

Was able to get a pair of the Aurelien Ducroz LP’s....heresy to mount w anything but pivots I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Yes, needs white pivots

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Yes, needs white pivots
    The Forza Pivots might look the part too.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Was able to get a pair of the Aurelien Ducroz LP’s....

I'm happy for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    LPX106. Basically the X106 but stiffer, TR in the mid to upper 20’s, heavier moar damp. A chargers x106. The X106 now is a really fun ski, super playful, really easy to ski. I won’t sell mine but a souped up version would kill it.
    It would be as if my LHASA Fat and LP105 boned and had kid.
    So they're doing a contest over on reddit, and I took a stab at making a CG model of exactly this. Topsheet is a mess, doubt I'll get the prize (not really the crowd for this kinda ski over there) but whatever. Scratched some itch I didn't know I had. Notes are in the first image. Enjoy!

https://imgur.com/a/2uE0QgA

Quote Originally Posted by Afkpuz View Post
    So they're doing a contest over on reddit, and I took a stab at making a CG model of exactly this. Topsheet is a mess, doubt I'll get the prize (not really the crowd for this kinda ski over there) but whatever. Scratched some itch I didn't know I had. Notes are in the first image. Enjoy!

https://imgur.com/a/2uE0QgA
    Thats rad. When i zoom the writing gets unreadable blurry. Any way you can fix that?
    From what i could make out, that ski looks sick.
    Pretty funny commentary.

ahhh my buddy had the same problem, they want you to download their dumb app I guess, fuck the internet etc. doesn't let you just DL the images either. Attached is the one with words, let's see if this works or if TGR wants to rescale it too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhiteWhale_promo.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	514.3 KB 
ID:	298171

Bravo man. I vote you win.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    Just wanted to give a quick update on the Pro Rider F-Team group buy, got word that the bad boys should be arriving into the country around mid-October. I will be contacting you all individually when they are ready to ship. Think snow and ski fast...
    https://www.facebook.com/FreerideWor...7797795387243/
    Hey everyone, just got some good news. The skis were pressed this week in France and have been requested by our purchasing agent in the US to ship asap. Usually takes a week or so to hit the Ogden warehouse. I will contact everyone individually once they are ready to ship. Thanks for your patience and stoke!
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

Wooooooo

Found a fresh pair of 186 lps mounted with some garbage old markers for $150 locally.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Found a fresh pair of 186 lps mounted with some garbage old markers for $150 locally.
    Ok, now you're just showing off.

Chugachjed, You find those 2008's at the Hoarding Marmot? They went unsold at the UAA/ASC ski swap- yup, them Markers are ugly
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Menace Proto questions

It is hard to find a lot of info about these skis. I am hoping to find a rocker profile shot and mount point from center number.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025