Page 78 of 149 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3712
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I kept trying to find something it would suck at
    It sucks at not being the ski I want to ride everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    It sucks at not being the ski I want to ride everyday.
    What are you riding everyday?

If I can get a new tune on my LP105s to make them feel even slightly less locked in, they will become daily drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    What are you riding everyday?

If I can get a new tune on my LP105s to make them feel even slightly less locked in, they will become daily drivers.
    Mfree 108, duh

The LP105 is supposed to be "locked in."
    Quit being a nancy boy. After all, "Aeverflex" is nam3d after you.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    To be fair, it’s only AEV. Instead of saving up for a pair he blew his wad on another pair of wren 108s.
    we tried to pave the way. wren was real fun in euroland tho

Whoops. Derp. Idk what I'm talking about.

I know the LP105 is supposed to fall line, but something seems wrong with mine. My 191 Wren Comps and Monster 108s were less locked in while being less "floppy" shutting down speed. Otherwise the LP105s seem just as stable, but man something feels a bit off with the tune on mine. That being said, as they are, they are still "cold dead hands" skis. If I tune them and they don't get a little looser, I'm still keeping. They rail. Just fucken pure fall line baby. By far the most fall line ski I've had. I have the model from the time some did come with tune issues, and if I can tune some of my minor gripes out of the ski, It'll be a fucken unicorn.

I find Wildcats the most versatile ski I've owned, and pretty stable. If the MFree 108 can even come close to that, or overcome them as you say, it will solidify my Dynastar fanboi status.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Mfree 108, duh
    **chortle**

Rather than reach out to you all individually, if anyone has or sees a 192 mfree 108 for a 305bsl for sale lemme know...
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Dude, just get a grind….1 degree base, 2 degree sidewall razor sharp to contact points. Go time.

If I was to ask for an updated lp105 I think I’d just widen touch…lp107or lp110 would be great at snowbird.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Agree on the tune issue on AE PR skis and told him they are edge high and/or the base bevel isn't uniform at 1 degree(most commonly at .5 or less at the skis tip and tail). $20 stone grind to get bases flat, hand tune the edges at 1/2 with file and diamond stones and you're golden. Can go sharp up to the widest taper points and detune the edges with files/diamond stones above that. ON3P, Moments and Praxis usually are 1/1 edges with detune starting at contact points(Can go 1/2 underfoot for more bite if desired).

What the hell is a “Wren?”

Sounds like something that would be made in a Boise garage.

Oh, and I got some M-Free 108’s last April with some Pivot 15 bindings. I’m excited to mount ‘em up this fall.

Lols FWIW, you guys helped move this ski from like #4 on the demo list to #1. I believe that it fucks, I'm gonna get it's number early this season. I am in no way question whether this ski fucks haha, I'm just saying it may not be my type. If I love it that much demoing it, I'll buy

I wanted the Wren 108s as a more pow orientated LP105.. what's wrong with that? Ya I shoulda got the Wren 114, but that's most likely not happening this season.

I do feel stupid I didn't buy the MFree108s this spring for $379, I just spent about that on these used Wrens.
    A more pow oriented LP 105 is an MFree 108

So you guys are saying this ski does everything?

Mount point, radius, tail shape all off. Idk how it would feel similar to an LP105, but I guess I just have to demo and be thrown for a loop.

So you guys are saying this ski does everything?

Mount point, radius, tail shape all off. Idk how it would feel similar to an LP105, but I guess I just have to demo and be thrown for a loop.
    It feels similar because it’s a Dynastar but it is better in almost every way. I’m a hack but some of the skiers telling you this are incredibly strong talented skiers from personal experience.

i wouldn’t expect the same feel, they get there in a different way. they’re super loose and are more point and go hero type despite tip flex and ease of engagement. i remember skiing a super goat the same way off piste. a lot of intentional smearing and flick confidence at speed. i’ve picked my best steep treed or chute line type stuff on em. where i ski it’s windfucked a lot and i’m super happy with performance there relative to the more coastal shapes i was dailying prior, lotta runs in and out of good snow where i want good edge performance to have fun top to bottom. great daily for that, poppy enough to be fun, fast enough to not hold back

Its a good ski, one of the best of this decade imho. Its not fair to say is it or is it not an LP105 or XXL... as that'd be like asking how a 2020 F250 compares to a 1999 F250.

Yeah, they're both f250s but the 2020 is more refined and more comfortable to drive daily. Both tow 10,000lbs easily.

The Dynastar Thread

It appears the 108s did not let him down…:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTNUv5Sh...dium=copy_link

I felt that in my knees…!

The Dynastar Thread

Figured I’d check interest here before listing…I have a pair of 181 Slicer Factory skis that I am selling. Bought new last year on sale for $300, used 6 days or less in great shape. I can post pics if interested. Bought as a short ski to use with the kids but the 181 plus twintip makes it feel way too short for my taste. Used to skiing the 192 Pro Rider Factory

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    It’s been mentioned in this thread he is on stock Mfree’s.
    Cool. Haven't been closely following, not surprised I missed that
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    ^^ I love how people still question that this ski fucks. You know… only like 37 established mags ski them.

Who else skis them on the FWT? Thought I saw someone else on them last year.

Well, I'm not really so interested in the ski @ 108, but the tech of the core is intriguing!
    Wonder how they will hold up long term. I always get a little leery of alternative cores. Probably something to do w/ the scores of Dstar/ Rossi foam core skis I repaired in the 90's

Not my sale but I know folks on this thread have been looking for a 184 LP 105: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...1-FS-LP105-184

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    **chortle**

Rather than reach out to you all individually, if anyone has or sees a 192 mfree 108 for a 305bsl for sale lemme know...
    You can try mine if you want. Won't sell unless I get my hands on a relatively cheap pair of CASTs and need a new m-free 108 though.

Anyone looking for a 184 LPR, there's a pair with p14s for a 27.5 in the Vancouver area marketplace. 350 cad. Just passing along info

Fondled some 2022 Dynastar M-Free 99’s in the shop today….pretty sweet.

Look a lot like the M-Free 108.

Quiver may be n+1 soon. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post

Have only skied the MF108 but I would imagine that you would find the MF99 to your liking, based on your style preference.

Only an unrelated MF108 note, I did a side-by-side comparison of the 192 MF108 and 184 Mantra M102 the other day. When lined up on the “0” line, they have virtually the same shovel length. The difference in the MF108 length is all in the rockered tail.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post

As an EC skier I'm quite curious on the 99, although I kinda want the m-Pro 99 so......

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Only an unrelated MF108 note, I did a side-by-side comparison of the 192 MF108 and 184 Mantra M102 the other day. When lined up on the “0” line, they have virtually the same shovel length. The difference in the MF108 length is all in the rockered tail.
    Hmmm… as an M102 shredder that makes me wonder if I need a longer tail with more rocker.

The short answer is that I have never questioned my M102 tail. The long answer is I am likely naive.

Why are those few cm’s behind the foot?

On paper it lends to more stopping power— more of an ability to shut down speed.

Two different skis. But this is a fun chat.

There’s a review on SkiEssentials of the MFree 99 as well as measurements by Blister. Looks like a more playful 182cm MFree 108. Did notice that the 185cm version actually tape measures the same as the 182cm MFree 108 at 181.5cm. So no longer length for the 192cm MFree 108 fans.

The 184cm Volkl Mantras usually tape measures close to that length vs the just over 189cm tape measure of the 192cm MFree 108. Take the 11.5cm back from Center Volkl mount vs the 8.25cm of the 192cm MFree 108 and it would be close.