Page 26 of 149 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Yep, demo'd that topsheet last week. Sorta fell in love.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ah - sorry, I totally forgot about those posts. I should have gone back and reread them prior to posting. I just looked at Reine skiing, then look at the 2020 catalogue - and my brain just went ""#$"#?????" - hence the poorly researched question.

Still, a bit surprising with a 105mm ski for that use rather than a run of the mill 115mm ish charger. Oh well, they seemed to yield some good results together with Reine's awesome skills

I think the legend pro has been on the verbier podium like 10+ times.

So... what would you armchair quarterbacks be skiing the Bec on? Given 2019 event conditions.

I know this is The Dynastar Thread... but... I can't really come up with anything else I'd rather have on my feet than an LP 105.

That said-- Bimboes kinda blew the Dynastar brand out of the water this year. I've never seen anyone take one turn/air/line like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I think the legend pro has been on the verbier podium like 10+ times.
    what can I say - I am a recent convert to FWT Competetive dh cycling is perhaps my favorite sporting event to watch, so thought I should give the FWT a go this year. It has not dissapointed.

Not being terribly familiar with Dynastar I have not caught on to Legend Pro's prowess yet - and with them being 192, I will not ride them any time soon either. Thanks for the info though!

As for the question - the majority of riders seem to be on 115esque directional chargers. You would think that the extra width would make floating atop things easier, but then again - when going mach looney float isn't really an issue. Personally I would opt for Wren114s, but I seriously doubt me ever going down that face. Some of the lines they threw down this year were absolutely bonkers.

Eh, depends on the athlete really for ski choice.

Dynastar has a bunch of their athletes skiing almost full time on the Pro-To/Menace Factory which is much more of a freestyle-oriented ski like a Rustler 11/Revolt 122 than something like the Legend Pro/Volkl Confession/Faction Dictator/Countdown 114.

Sebastian Hiersche, Sebastien Varlet, and Atnonin Raso seem to be skiing competitions on it almost exclusively but Reine and Yann Dumax seem to use the Legend Pro/Legend Factory when conditions are steeper and deeper.

If I had to guess, on something like the Bec, stiffness trumps almost everything else. Don't want to have the tails slip out/not keep you upright as you hurtle down the slope at 100km/h+

I'm so far from the level of the FWT guys that it's a joke. However, of the skis I've owned/skied, the LP would be my choice for Bec des Rosses type terrain.

Easy choice.

The Dynastar Thread

Skied one day on the Protos at Wildcat, LVS’ NH stomping grounds. Was one of those days that started with 3-4’’ dust on crust and it just kept snowing all day, sometimes really hard. Ended up with 10-12’’+. Surprisingly soft and light(ish) snow for NE in late March.

The skis handled the variety conditions we skied that day really well. Wildcat can be funky- think a lot of wind scouring, moguls, tight terrain, good windbuff, rocks everywhere, trails that don’t go straight, tons of things to avoid - I figured I would switch them out with a different ski at some point but I didn’t.

The Protos are very loose, respond to being skied from center or with lots of tip pressure in powder. In choppier conditions at speed, I noticed they wanted me to be a little more over the shovels. They like to run, the bases feel fast, but it is possible I am just not used to that much tip or camber on a big ski, all skis I currently own above 111 UF are full reverse camber and mounted around -6 from center. They are as good as any ski I’ve been on in soft, ‘’deeper’’ chop. Compared to say a Volkl One or 4frnt Hoji, I could relax a bit more and let the ski do the work in those conditions.

I am really impressed with how versatile they are while still being loose and chargy. My buddy who is lighter than me took a spin on them, and he seemed really surprised how loose and friendly they were — he was thinking they would ski closer to my old Atomic Atlas. Can provide more feedback next season.

Eta basically agree with Blister
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 03-27-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Super good deal on Protos at freezeproshop at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Super good deal on Protos at freezeproshop at the moment.
    Even better on eBay...
    $407.99 shipped.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F192831947704

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I just stopped in to bitch that Rossignol (who can go fuck themselves) killed my favorite ski (Dynastar Twister).

Thanks for your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

2Funky and Leavenworth, do you have a revised opinion or more to add on the x106 as a travel ski/touring capable semi charger?

Interested in a pair mounted with Cast. Obviously not for massive vert days, but some groomer fun, variable raging, shallow pow, and 2-5000ft days.

Thanks, gentlemen.

2Funky and Leavenworth, do you have a revised opinion or more to add on the x106 as a travel ski/touring capable semi charger?

Interested in a pair mounted with Cast. Obviously not for massive vert days, but some groomer fun, variable raging, shallow pow, and 2-5000ft days.

Thanks, gentlemen.
    Taking my x106 to Whistler on Saturday, I'll let you know how it goes. No new snow in forecast and it looks like it'll be wavering between spring and not spring most of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    I just stopped in to bitch that Rossignol (who can go fuck themselves) killed my favorite ski (Dynastar Twister).

Thanks for your time.
    Just a name change. All the “freestyle” skis are under the Menace moniker. I’ve been skiing the 189 Menace 98 the past few weeks and really dig it. It’s burly.

Thanks, gentlemen.
    It’s a great one ski travel ski. Skied everything from hardback to spring corn to mid thigh pow in Switzerland. It handles it all great. I did not tour on mine there but I have and they tour fine with the cast system.
    The ski will charge. I’m fairly heavy at 195 nekkid and have zero issue hauling ass on it. The ski floats like crazy for a 106 underfoot ski. It’s not as loose in pow as my 191 Lhasa at 117 but that’s to be expected. Still no slouch in pow.
    They handle zipper crust like it ain’t no thang thanks to the bullet nose. They also ski deep hot pow easily as well. Crazy fun and easy in corn.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0746.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	318.0 KB 
ID:	276393
    Hauling balls at Oberalppass.

Looking good, 2Funky! Real good.

Thanks for that. Makes them sound like a very good choice.

Anybody on here on the Vertical Factory(or Vertical Eagle, same ski)

I picked some up for spring mountaineering missions. Quite light at 1030g for 170 length. Tip and tail feel a bit softer than my well loved Magico.

I don't have them mounted yet, waiting for binding parts to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Just a name change
    Yeah, they kept the name, but put it on a totally different ski. The Twister used to be a mogul ski, now it's built for throwing gnarly-nuclear-nverted-nosepickers in the park. My understanding is Rossy wanted to sell their own mogul ski (called the Mogul) this season, but it's got a different shape and completely different flex profile from the 2018 Twister.
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Yeah, they kept the name, but put it on a totally different ski. The Twister used to be a mogul ski, now it's built for throwing gnarly-nuclear-nverted-nosepickers in the park. My understanding is Rossy wanted to sell their own mogul ski (called the Mogul) this season, but it's got a different shape and completely different flex profile from the 2018 Twister.
    you're right, I was thinking of the slicer.

gobble up those skinny bump noodles. I'm sure they're out there in some shop gathering dust.

Look at the Dynastar line, what are there? One, maybe two new molds/shapes in freeridey type skis (does Proto count? wasn't it a Rossi shape first?) it's a crying shame. How many times can we hear "wait 'til next year"? I love the brand but I shake my head a lot.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

They need to make the LP105 more available. How long did Volkl build the explosiv. I’m stoked to have a new pair coming but it’s a crying shame I can’t buy a pair from my local shop.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I just don't think there are enough people that would/can ski it nor are there enough places where people could use it to its full ability.

I'd like to see them at least give US retailers the ability to special order it on demand if need be though like you can with FIS race skis though.

I'm glad I'll have a backup pair once my current ones get old. They really are a ton of fun if you can get them into open steep terrain. Some of my favorite runs have been down the Cirque hauling ass.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    what are there?
    That's true. There was that magical time (that jackattack brought up) when they had the Twister, and the Slicer, and the Distorter, and so on. But it was brief.

I, a hoarder? Noooo!

Actually, the previously mentioned dealer apparently sold just one pair of these since December (any of you guys scored?). In order to clear the stock they sweetened the deal, lowered the price as well as chipped in binders. I could not resist. I jumped on it.

So now, I need to find five new homes for these beauties. Preferably new owners that have a real desire for them, as opposed to somebody picking them up just because it's a great deal, because they're cheaper than ever.

These are the same skis as the soon to be (again) released limited pro edition model, but with the vibrant and colurful Aurelien topsheet.

Is this the last chance to pick up an undrilled pair of the Ducroz version? Is it the last chance to score undrilled LPR105 184's with whatever topsheet?

Overseas shipping might be a chore, I have not got that sorted yet, but if there's a will there's a way. It might have to include somebody carrying them as luggage at some point. Regarding Yurp I believe I can get at least one or two pairs into the Zürich, or maybe Munich vicinity, sometime during spring/summer pro bono. Elsewhere, mag to mag relay perhaps?

So, bottom line, these are up for grabs if you match the preferred buyer's profile and cover any shipping expenses I might encounter, plus a silly base price of 200 Euro or USD 225 for a flat pair, alternatively 270 Euro or USD 300 for a pair including a pair of brand new black Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW. I'm in no hurry to have them out of my place, I'd rather see happy new owners even if it takes some time to arrange freight. Hence, they will not be advertised somewhere else in quite some time.

The way I see it, contributing forum mags who previously have uttered a strong interest in these are first in line, e.g. LVS for 192's and toast for 184's.

Any takers?

Name:	Ducroz bundle.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	557.7 KB 
ID:	277447

Name:	Ducroz bases.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	329.5 KB 
ID:	277448