Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 144 145 146 147 148 149
Results 3,701 to 3,712 of 3712
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    They are a 22m ski. Not really conducive to tight bumps
    Yup. Wasn’t a surprise.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Well crap. It sucks being a gear head.

I really like the MPro192 with its 22m radius and can see myself riding it a lot at TFlats where I am about 20% of the time, but I still think the 182 with its 20m radius and true 108mm underfoot is the ski I really, really need at the tighter Skibowl where I am at most of the time.

Anyone holding a pair? The cheaper and more thrashed (couple of mounts, minor core shots, beat top sheets no problem as long as they still have good edges) the better. Haven’t seen any in gear swap. I got a pair of mint 2022 182 Billy Goats I might need to walk away from to buy yet another pair of Dynastars. Looks like I am becoming a true FANBOY. It shouldn’t be a surprise to me since my first pair of favorite skis as a kid were some Big Max. I wish I hadn’t sent them to Goodwill.

Went 1.5cm forward of rec. on the 192 M-pro 108. Will report back after skiing it in Utah. Then maybe some more if I ski it in Alaska too.

The Dynastar Thread

Made my slender 16-yo ski his new mighty-mite MFree 108’s (172’s) today for the first time in the 21-cm deposited last night at Blackcomb. Needless to say, he’s stoked on them.
    Last edited by Bandit Man; 04-03-2024 at 08:31 PM.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Made my slender 16-yo ski his new mighty-mite MFree 108’s (172’s) today for the first time in the 21-cm deposited last night at Blackcomb. Needless to say, he’s stoked on them.

Update on the Mfree 192’s after 2 days: I prefer the 182’s.

Conditions for both days at W/B were similar: a few inches of fresh over April-appropriate refreeze/slush.

The 192’s (mounted on the line with Attack 14’s) felt a smidge too long; a bit more work than I wanted at sub-sonic speeds. I did enjoy the greater stability and longer radius in the open steeps, but I found those improvements marginal and overshadowed by the 192’s unwieldiness (if only compared to the 182’s, whose nimbleness as maybe spoiled me, ha)

That’s not to say 192 wouldn’t be the advisable size for my height/weight (6’2, 175 lbs.), and I may just be lazier and/or less aggressive than most. But as a more versatile tree ski, a billygoating-into-spicy-spots ski, and a fun-uber-alles ski, the 182’s work best for this old chunk of coal.

I know I could try a more forward mount, but I’ll more likely just put 192’s up for sale as is. If anyone in the Sea-To-Sky corridor is interested, feel free to PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by obviouslynotagolfer View Post
    Update on the Mfree 192’s after 2 days: I prefer the 182’s.

Conditions for both days at W/B were similar: a few inches of fresh over April-appropriate refreeze/slush.

The 192’s (mounted on the line with Attack 14’s) felt a smidge too long; a bit more work than I wanted at sub-sonic speeds. I did enjoy the greater stability and longer radius in the open steeps, but I found those improvements marginal and overshadowed by the 192’s unwieldiness (if only compared to the 182’s, whose nimbleness as maybe spoiled me, ha)

That’s not to say 192 wouldn’t be the advisable size for my height/weight (6’2, 175 lbs.), and I may just be lazier and/or less aggressive than most. But as a more versatile tree ski, a billygoating-into-spicy-spots ski, and a fun-uber-alles ski, the 182’s work best for this old chunk of coal.

I know I could try a more forward mount, but I’ll more likely just put 192’s up for sale as is. If anyone in the Sea-To-Sky corridor is interested, feel free to PM me.
    I came to same conclusion man Stability in runouts is 85-90% of the 192 Quickness is 40-50% better

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I know I could try a more forward mount, but I’ll more likely just put 192’s up for sale as is.
    I moved the mount forward +1.5 due to the 192 feeling tip heavy for me at 175cm/292 bsl. That made them a lot better for me. They were still freaking long missiles though and a bit unwieldy for me at anything other than mach schnell, so I ended up selling them. But at your height 192s should be the ticket arguably unless you want something über loose. Looking back I prefer the 192s to 182s though

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I came to same conclusion man Stability in runouts is 85-90% of the 192 Quickness is 40-50% better
    Right on man, good to hear you've had the same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I moved the mount forward +1.5 due to the 192 feeling tip heavy for me at 175cm/292 bsl. That made them a lot better for me. They were still freaking long missiles though and a bit unwieldy for me at anything other than mach schnell, so I ended up selling them. But at your height 192s should be the ticket arguably unless you want something über loose. Looking back I prefer the 192s to 182s though
    Thanks kid-kapow, good to know this. To your point, I do like the uber-loose feel of the 182's, and haven't had too many moments where I've longed for that aforementioned 'freaking long missile,' haha. I'm again remembering D(C) mentioning his own experience re-mounting his 192's at +1.5, and how they still didn't feel quite right. Ultimately while I'm certainly curious how they'd feel remounted, I also don't really wanna have to deal with selling a twice-drilled ski. (of course, I could then just accept defeat and turn the 192's into shot-skis )

RUltimately while I'm certainly curious how they'd feel remounted, I also don't really wanna have to deal with selling a twice-drilled ski. (of course, I could then just accept defeat and turn the 192's into shot-skis )
    Realistically - re-drilling them should not affect the price dramatically. The the two mounts (with a potential third heel remount) should cover most bsls, provided you plan to sell the skis with the bindings having reusable holes might not be 100 wrong. I might be too optimistic here.

That being said, MFs are not terribly sensitive to 5mm or below change in mounts, so this might be one of the those occurences where rolling the dice to try might just be worth it. 182s sounds like snowlerblades at your height at 188cm. Detune the 192s more aggressively aft of the contact points, remount further forward and do not look back - 192s are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Realistically - re-drilling them should not affect the price dramatically. The the two mounts (with a potential third heel remount) should cover most bsls, provided you plan to sell the skis with the bindings having reusable holes might not be 100 wrong. I might be too optimistic here.

That being said, MFs are not terribly sensitive to 5mm or below change in mounts, so this might be one of the those occurences where rolling the dice to try might just be worth it. 182s sounds like snowlerblades at your height at 188cm. Detune the 192s more aggressively aft of the contact points, remount further forward and do not look back - 192s are awesome.
    LOL now I’m picturing myself on snowlerblades. I mean at the very least, I definitely *feel* a lot radder on those big-boy 192’s – but I can’t let vanity get the better of me here, haha. OK, I appreciate the insight here, I'm going to think about it!

Called it. MPro 108 in 192 absolutely eats terrain at the wide open Timberline.

Wish I had turned on my Apple Watch to speed when I rolled from Outer West on top of Palmer to the bottom of Flood.

From a moderate to high speed they are very composed and confident when they get to make their preferred 22m turns. Able to rail
    and carve, but also able wash and smear turns if wanted or being lazy.

Really handle the firm chicken heads into corn into soft groom and then into the almost sticky slush at the bottom.

Just stand on these things and stay in an athletic position and put miles behind with a huge grin.