Page 110 of 149 FirstFirst ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 3712
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I’m putting my chips on Heritage Labs r99

That said, new mpro108 has a lot of the qualities of the LPR in a modern design and comes in a 182. It’ll be worth a demo for sure.
    Hah! I was just going to post that the r99 seems like it would fit the bill

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jski171 View Post
    Anyone spent time on both the MF108 and the Blizzard Rustler 11 and want to share their findings? Very similar style skis.
    Yes. 192 MF108 and 188 Rustler 11. I’ve spent one day on the Rustlers since acquiring the MF108, and I’ve skied the MF108 about 40% of the days over the past two years.

Rustler is a powder ski that has amazing all-Mtn chops, especially groomers. Gets knocked around in heavy crud and snow.

MF108 has grown on me a ton. Somewhere between playful charger and charger-freestyle, you decide on how to use it. Floats so well for a 108 waist and skis so loose and drifty, especially in dense coastal snow.

If I had to choose one, I’d sell the Rustlers and keep the MF108’s.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Hah! I was just going to post that the r99 seems like it would fit the bill

I have things in the <100mm underfoot that are close. Old skool Stormrider 95's are my go-to and rediscovered my Head Monster 98's and still have an original LP I pull out as well. None absorb and have the plush ride and width of the LP105 for wind buff or crud. That was my ski I could take to Tahoe and have a blast if it was refrozen crap (let's be honest, that happens a lot) or skied out crud or even some not totally deep fresh.
    He who has the most fun wins!

I dunno, I was only on the M-Pro 108 briefly and to me it was really frustrating. My criticism is basically that the M-Pro 108 is not a LPR and the new ski is much more like the rest of the market for big, directional skis than the old one was.

I know that's a stupid take for a lot of reasons, not least of which is that I regularly use lot of skis that are not LPRs and I don't get mad every time I click into those other skis because they lack top end I can access only when I'm really on my game and somewhere with big open lines.

Someday I hope to be able to react to the M-Pro 108 on it's own terms. For now, however, I still feel like the M-Pro 108 killed the last tiger or something.

Thanks. Looking to replace my 188 R11s and if the float is similar but the 192 108s offer more stability and versatility then I am on board!

The Dynastar Thread

Thanks. Looking to replace my 188 R11s and if the float is similar but the 192 108s offer more stability and versatility then I am on board!
    Ok…since you own a Rustler 11, you know the strengths and weaknesses. They really are great skis. If I lived somewhere the snow is less dense (Rockies/Wasatch), I could see me skiing them more.

The MF108 gets a lot of praise from many in the PNW because of how it handles tight terrain and our dense, heavy snow conditions. Yet, they just work well in so many conditions (excluding glare ice), are so fun, and can be pushed very hard. That’s a rare mix these days.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Bandit is spot on. I've skied a lot of skis (not nearly as many as him), but I've never had a ski that does such a great job mixing the characteristics of fun with charge. Every now and then I want a bit more charge/stability, but 95% of the time it's the right ski for how I'm skiing that day.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    I have things in the <100mm underfoot that are close. Old skool Stormrider 95's are my go-to and rediscovered my Head Monster 98's and still have an original LP I pull out as well. None absorb and have the plush ride and width of the LP105 for wind buff or crud. That was my ski I could take to Tahoe and have a blast if it was refrozen crap (let's be honest, that happens a lot) or skied out crud or even some not totally deep fresh.
    some used 187 lp xxls like this perhaps

https://www.playitagainsports.com/pr...Ski-Mens-Combo

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    some used 187 lp xxls like this perhaps

https://www.playitagainsports.com/pr...Ski-Mens-Combo

Another pair of xxls look good $125

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/sp...472472021.html

Time to bring in the closers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1194.JPG 
Views:	289 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	414981

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Time to bring in the closers

Name:	IMG_1194.JPG 
Views:	289 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	414981
    Have fun! Looks gorgeous out there

What is an LP105 in the 184cm+/- length? Minimal sidecut, smooth/damp, softer tip, but stout otherwise, small tip rocker.

I have now blown out 2 edges on my pair. Soo Sad... They are the best for hauling ass on Mammoth wind buff. I now have 2 skis where an edge needs to the outside edge, but that isn't going to work.

So, what else could replace them?
    There is a pair for sale on the Vancouver facebook buy n sell if you have any Vancouver connections…

Couple weekends ago I spent a day on the mfree108 and a few laps on the rustler 11. Spring day at Stevens. I was on the mfree and my buddy was on the rustler11 and we swapped for a couple runs. Our bsl's are pretty close so we can swap skis but still makes me a little nervous so I ski more conservative when we do swap. So long winded way of saying take this went a large grain of salt.

Mfree felt significantly more stable, faster, and comfortable on the spring groomers. Rustler 11 felt softer and the tails wanted to wash out, also tips wanted to chatter. If you're looking for more stability and versatility, mfree108 is that.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Going forward makes them spin better, but makes the tail more punishing. If you like how they ski I’d leave em.
    A more punishing tail is not what I'm looking for. I'll leave 'em. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    There is a pair for sale on the Vancouver facebook buy n sell if you have any Vancouver connections…
    Thank you! I'm in contact. Got a few mounts so gotta see if it will work. I might need help shipping if anyone is in Vancouver.
    Last edited by comish; 05-03-2022 at 12:43 PM.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Thank you! I'm in contact. Got a few mounts so gotta see if it will work. I might need help shipping if anyone is in Vancouver.
    There's a few of us in Vancouver. Feel free to shoot me a message if you get them and I'll see if I'm in town to ship them.

Hey- on the Dynastar website, they list the M-pro 84w as having a Titanium plate at the binding, but it is not listed on the Men's 84. Given that the two skis are supposed to be similar, does the men's have the plate as well, or it it a typo on the womens, or is that really a difference between the skis?

It may have come up before, but does anyone have any thoughts on Enforcer 88 vs. M-Pro 90 (I own the Enforcer now)? Based on the Soothski comparer, they are very similar, with the M-Pro being about 10% lighter, and not as stiff torsionally. (Dynastar on the left, Nordica on the right).

Name:	Ski Comparison.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	418736

I'm thinking I should save my money at this point, and keep on skiing the Enforcer????

Keep the Enforcer, if you like it. I know you can get the m-pro 90's cheap right now, but unless you just like to explore, they do not seem different enough to try.

Quote Originally Posted by DerKommissar View Post
    Keep the Enforcer, if you like it. I know you can get the m-pro 90's cheap right now, but unless you just like to explore, they do not seem different enough to try.
    Thank you sir. Seems to be the logical plan.

Blister posted the measured specs of the MPro-108. Not quite as big a drop in weight as I was initially hearing although the turn radius drops to 22m. Notice they increased tip/tail splay and mount still very traditional.
    Now has similar specs to the Sender Squad except mount point, a 3m longer turn radius in the SS and a bit stiffer underfoot on the MPro-108.
    Also shorter lengths available now too.

https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...-108-ti-f-team

I guess that beech/PU core is working out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    Blister posted the measured specs of the MPro-108. Not quite as big a drop in weight as I was initially hearing although the turn radius drops to 22m. Notice they increased tip/tail splay and mount still very traditional.
    Now has similar specs to the Sender Squad except mount point, a 3m longer turn radius in the SS and a bit stiffer underfoot on the MPro-108.
    Also shorter lengths available now too.

https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...-108-ti-f-team
    Thanks for posting this up; motivated me to go back and read the ride reports, and pretty intrigued (again) by this ski. As you said, similarities to the Squad, and also looks like a slightly straighter, slightly rounder flexing, K108. Compared to 191 K108 (2455 g/ski (mine), 146-108-129, 21m R underfoot), despite being listed as only 1m straighter (I guess cause of the tip taper?), the MPro 110 has a significantly narrower tip, and is slightly wider underfoot (2475g/ski (Blister), 139-110-129, 22m R). While I really enjoyed 191 K108s during the latter half of this year, as TAFKALVS said in his report, I imagine these will be more comfortable going straight, which is my only real complaint of the 191 K108. Hmm, looking forward to when these can be found on sale, could be a great, traditionally mounted, Blackcomb DD.

Was last seasons m-pro rider the same as the older legend pro f-team? My gut's telling me to stock up on a backup pair.

Yup.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk