Page 75 of 149 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3712
    The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    You can joke all you want but the difference between a 192/105 and a 186/108 is quite substantial for dudes who are 5’9” 165.

Not all of us want an M-free 108. Nor have we bought a katana or a Cochise. We’re just too fucking small for a 192/105. And we’re bummed. We’ve been bummed for decades.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

And some of us are 6'4" and absolutely no one makes a front-side/all-mountain ski that doesn't feel like a snowblade anymore. I feel your pain, but I still feel like you have more options available.

I think dynastar is going to be threading a needle making a revised/updated/more versatile lp 105 that doesn't become an m-free. I'm just glad they're off of the super-pintail kick for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    And some of us are 6'4" and absolutely no one makes a front-side/all-mountain ski that doesn't feel like a snowblade anymore. I feel your pain, but I still feel like you have more options available.

I think dynastar is going to be threading a needle making a revised/updated/more versatile lp 105 that doesn't become an m-free. I'm just glad they're off of the super-pintail kick for now.
    As someone else who is 6’4 and 220lbs I tried and failed in my quest to find this, something in between my LP105s in a 192 (just a bit too powerful for any relaxed skiing with my wife) and my Whitedot Ranger 108s in a 186 (great for resort pow, not great for resort ice) a 190 somewhere in the middle would have been ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    As someone else who is 6’4 and 220lbs I tried and failed in my quest to find this, something in between my LP105s in a 192 (just a bit too powerful for any relaxed skiing with my wife) and my Whitedot Ranger 108s in a 186 (great for resort pow, not great for resort ice) a 190 somewhere in the middle would have been ideal.

I’ve got 25# on you and the m-free 108 is what you’re looking for. I have owned the LPR105 too.

If you can’t find a ski to hit the spot somewhere between those two examples, you’re not trying very hard. There are numerous options.

LPR is for an athletic skier who wants to ski fast.

The Dynastar Thread

And the mfree 108 is Dynastars Soul 7 Hd

Only way better

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    If you can’t find a ski to hit the spot somewhere between those two examples, you’re not trying very hard. There are numerous options.

LPR is for an athletic skier who wants to ski fast.
    I’ve tired, the demo options in Europe are pretty limited and expensive, it’s like £60 gbp a day to demo skis in most decent resorts. Also the options are usually sub 186 and touring related.

I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post

I’m on this hunt too…. 6-2 / 205….

I bought the 193 Corvus. Only one day at end of last season, promising although not perfect (it seems to be too light for its long stiff tail…)

Next step might be to try the new Katana and the new Cochise….

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    And the mfree 108 is Dynastars Soul 7 Hd

Only way better

Whoa there. Easy now. There can be only one ski at the pinnacle of design and performance.

No ski will ever, and I mean ever, beat the Soul 7 as the ultimate quiver killer known to mankind. The Soul 7 is the Michael Jordan of skis; always a winner.

Unfortunately, the Soul 7 was retired. There is a worldwide pandemic now too. Coincidence? I'm thinking not. The soul 7 is so good, not even Covid could catch it. If it returned to production, balance and order would surely return to Earth. It's powers are more effective in all conditions than any vaccine could hope to be.

It's also the only ski that is proven to be an attractant to the beautiful ladies that flock to your local mountain each winter. The soul 7 is such a powerful aphrodisiac, that simply driving by the bar with them on the roofrack of your car will get you laid. Can a Dynastar do that? Not even close. On a Soul 7, anyone can be a "Pro Rider" or a "Legend" amongst the ladies. Your night will likely end with a "Big dump" too. The Soul 7 always performs at the highest levels.

So next time you want to compare a ski to the best ever, think twice. The soul 7 is the pinnacle that can't be topped.

What if they came out with the Soul8?

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I’m on this hunt too…. 6-2 / 205….

I bought the 193 Corvus. Only one day at end of last season, promising although not perfect (it seems to be too light for its long stiff tail…)

Next step might be to try the new Katana and the new Cochise….

The Corvus is a great ski. Not that energetic but a great and precise tool. Requires a neutral stance. I own both the 193 Corvus and 192 MFree 108. I finished my season on the MF 108, and there are times that I can still see grabbing the Corvus.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    What if they came out with the Soul8?
    Holy shit! With the "8" on it's side as an inifinity symbol representing the ski's abilities. I think you may be on to something.

It l represents the skis timelessness. Thus, making it, the pinnacle of design and performance.
    I feel much better now with something to hope for.

But Dynastar realizes that the M-Free 108 makes a few sacrifices that “we” would accept.

The M-Free 108 should have been a Rossi.

There. I said it
    What are those sacrifices? Have you skied the Mfree 108?
    No, no it shouldn’t have been.

Putting myself out there: looking for 192s

Summer score!

Legend Pro 115 184. New, undrilled and partially still in plastic wrap when received.

Found these advertised online in The land of a thousand lakes, aka Finland. With the help of a finnish mag from another forum I managed to get in touch with the seller. Sub two hundred bucks delivered made my day!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP115_184_s.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	382444

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    Summer score!

Legend Pro 115 184. New, undrilled and partially still in plastic wrap when received.

Found these advertised online in The land of a thousand lakes, aka Finland. With the help of a finnish mag from another forum I managed to get in touch with the seller. Sub two hundred bucks delivered made my day!

nice
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Ok...reluctantly I am putting a pair of 192 MF108's on the block. I love them but the way I set up next year's quiver and with too much $$ spent on on3p customs, I need to let them go. Opening it up here before posting in GS.

No damage. bases and topsheets are like 9.9/10. Mounted for sth2, 317 on the line. I need to clear $450, so that plus shipping, flat. If you want the clamps, add $200.

Margotron has first dibs if he wants them. I kinda want to give Aever second dibs if he wants them, because these might be the unicorn he's been hunting for years.

Whoever is interested, PM me your number for text and I can send pics.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Ok...reluctantly I am putting a pair of 192 MF108's on the block. I love them but the way I set up next year's quiver and with too much $$ spent on on3p customs, I need to let them go. Opening it up here before posting in GS.

No damage. bases and topsheets are like 9.9/10. Mounted for sth2, 317 on the line. I need to clear $450, so that plus shipping, flat. If you want the clamps, add $200.

Margotron has first dibs if he wants them. I kinda want to give Aever second dibs if he wants them, because these might be the unicorn he's been hunting for years.

Whoever is interested, PM me your number for text and I can send pics.

I still think Moment Wildcats (108 or 118) would suit me better for this quiver spot, and I just snagged some Wren 108 as well.

I am going to demo MF108 this year and give it a fair chance. Could be magic, like you all say.
    Last edited by AEvospace; 08-17-2021 at 08:23 PM.

You can joke all you want but the difference between a 192/105 and a 186/108 is quite substantial for dudes who are 5’9” 165.

Not all of us want an M-free 108. Nor have we bought a katana or a Cochise. We’re just too fucking small for a 192/105. And we’re bummed. We’ve been bummed for decades.

Yup, totally agree. I feel like Dynastar has the lengths kinda screwed up at the moment for those of us in the 5'9" 160ish bucket. I'm thinking the 182 MFree 108 might be a bit short, while I know the 19xcm MF108 will be too long except for AK... Same on the 118. I wish it was a 186cm...

Their old sizing scheme worked well with 186cm and 194ishcm's. With all the rocker in today's skis, a 182 is pretty short and seemed like all the big boys liked 194cm.

I also love my old 184cm LP105 I found on Ebay. not sure how long those wood sidewalls are gonna last, but damn they charge and rail. I gotta think the market for a 18x cm ski is bigger than the 19x cm market, but what do I know.

Regarding the 189cm 118 mounting point question. I mounted old skool Soli yellow power plus plates so I could move them forward and back. Tried them on a couple huge Sierra pow days last year at about -1 or -1.5 (not exactly sure how far back each set of holes is) and on the line. Tricky to be honest. Keep in mind this is a big ski for me. On the line feels like you are where the sidecut wants you to be. Nicely balanced, Not major tip dive, pivoty and chargy at the same time. That said, I gotta more centered for the tips to not dive when it was hugely deep and I'm a drive the tips, knees to the skis old skool skier.

Behind the line, I could drive the tips and they weren't going down. They just felt, once back to anything besides bottomless, that they were in a weird place on the sidecut and had very little tail left if this makes any sense. So far I have kept them on the line. If you are a remotely centered skier I think the line would be awesome. If you really drive the tips and don't want them to go down then maybe a smidge back? -.5 or -1, but no more or you don't have much tail and end up with a ton of tip. The tip doesn't have a ton of tip rocker either.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    Summer score!

Way jealous! Sweet score! If Anyone has any more of these rare beasts let me know.
    He who has the most fun wins!

If this hasn't already been covered, the 192 is a ~189 straight pull. (It also skis more like a 186 than like a 192.)

Cue the whole, "do we call it over or under 190 for marketing purposes" discussion...

Picking up a pair of 182 M Free 108s as my DD to go along with my 184 Billy Goats, pretty stoked after reading through this thread again!

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Picking up a pair of 182 M Free 108s as my DD to go along with my 184 Billy Goats, pretty stoked after reading through this thread again!
    Welcome to the tribe that has MFree 108/BGs as the foundation of our quivers. Between those two, 95% of my ski days are covered.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Welcome to the tribe that has MFree 108/BGs as the foundation of our quivers. Between those two, 95% of my ski days are covered.
    Ditto. Add a lp105 if you want to charge and you are set.

Anyone want these? Brand new ‘19/‘20 192 Legend Pro Rider F Team. If not they are going back to Evo as I ended up with the black ‘20/‘21. Into them for $430. So that plus shipping or free pickup in salt lake.

https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/dyna...o-rider-f-team