Page 113 of 149 FirstFirst ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3712
    Broken record disclaimer!

First time in ages back at Craigieburn (Covid issues), and conditions are challenging, but once again Pro Riders come up trumps.

Definitely need to do some more squats, but the skis have let me ski way above my ability.

Apart from being super curious about Marshall’s 98 Race Room beauties, I can’t imagine a better ski for what I like.

I’ve been waiting to hear from you.

I can’t help but wonder if the R99 would be friendlier than a pro rider in the southern alps.

But I now dream of an R99 and an M-Pro 108. So…. Hard to say.

Regardless. Super rad to hear you’re getting after that region. I don’t think anything in this world compares to August/September in that zone.

It’s similar to a Sierra spring. But bigger. I have not experienced an Andes spring.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Dynastar Thread

Hey bud! Would love to try the R99, and even the M-Pro 99. Both sound right for Canterbury.

In some situations I can understand why ProRiders would be too much, but the terrain and snow here is just made for them.

Weather coming in today, but might just be a wind sift day, in which case I’ll be very happy.
    Last edited by Island Bay; 08-31-2022 at 01:23 PM.

And re the RR99, I’d be very interested in hearing Marshall’s take on what he didn’t like so much about the Pro Riders, and how this differs.

A Monster/LP love child does sound unbelievably tempting.

Pulled the trigger on some 192 M Free 108s as i was a couple years overdue on replacing my DD ski and the evo sale was really good. Now the question is what to mount on there. Im a cheap fuck so ive been squirrelling away bindings over the past couple years if a crazy good deal comes along knowing that the good ones stay cutting edge for decades. Im trying to decide if i toss on some new STH2 16s, or if i rip the STH16s off my old DDs and install my second-ski CAST system on the M Frees.

does anyone have any experience/input/warnings/ravings about touring a 192 M Free 108? I know they arent light, but putting a CAST setup on them seems like a pretty incredible travel quiver of 1 especially as i wont be doing an big tours on them. How not-light are they? Like pain in the ass, that kinda weight is only worth it for a true pow ski heavy? Im 6'3" 200lbs and the kind of touring id do with travel would be along the lines of an afternoon tour up grizzly gulch when flying out to visit in-laws in SLC.

Anybody looking for a set of 184 lp105's? I have some creamsicles I never ride that I want to unload. Currently mounted with Sth 14 for 305mm. One old mount under that I don't know what for. Was there when I bought them. Pretty minty otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Anybody looking for a set of 184 lp105's? I have some creamsicles I never ride that I want to unload. Currently mounted with Sth 14 for 305mm. One old mount under that I don't know what for. Was there when I bought them. Pretty minty otherwise.
    Don't need, kinda want. How much are you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Don't need, kinda want. How much are you thinking?
    I'm optimistic for $250 flat. If that's out of line, I'm not afraid to be corrected.

https://www.the-house.com/8973dyleg1...-dynastar-skis

PSA- 15% for email sign up & then 40% off sale.

The Dynastar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    https://www.the-house.com/8973dyleg1...-dynastar-skis

PSA- 15% for email sign up & then 40% off sale.
    I couldn’t get the codes to stack. Were you able to? $340 ain’t bad but 290 better

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Pulled the trigger on some 192 M Free 108s as i was a couple years overdue on replacing my DD ski and the evo sale was really good. Now the question is what to mount on there. Im a cheap fuck so ive been squirrelling away bindings over the past couple years if a crazy good deal comes along knowing that the good ones stay cutting edge for decades. Im trying to decide if i toss on some new STH2 16s, or if i rip the STH16s off my old DDs and install my second-ski CAST system on the M Frees.

does anyone have any experience/input/warnings/ravings about touring a 192 M Free 108? I know they arent light, but putting a CAST setup on them seems like a pretty incredible travel quiver of 1 especially as i wont be doing an big tours on them. How not-light are they? Like pain in the ass, that kinda weight is only worth it for a true pow ski heavy? Im 6'3" 200lbs and the kind of touring id do with travel would be along the lines of an afternoon tour up grizzly gulch when flying out to visit in-laws in SLC.
    This is my exact daily setup with the Lange XT3 140. I am 6ft 2in and around 170 lbs. It's manageable on the way up with the tech toe, much better than the frame duke/guardian options of 10 years ago. It's the most capable one ski/binding quiver out there.

Quote Originally Posted by sander_h View Post
    This is my exact daily setup with the Lange XT3 140. I am 6ft 2in and around 170 lbs. It's manageable on the way up with the tech toe, much better than the frame duke/guardian options of 10 years ago. It's the most capable one ski/binding quiver out there.
    If you are who I think you are then I'm inclined to believe you ski harder than just about every other person posting in this thread and that you have a lot more experience with the CAST MFree 108 than most lol.

Pulled my new pro riders out to mount and instead of being leg-end they are leg-leg…..no serial numbers…I guess some out there has end-end

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by sander_h View Post
    Thanks for the insight. Cool to get expert+ input, and confirmation that a one boot/ski setup has its place in your quiver.

Anyone have thoughts on QST 106 vs M-Free 108? I've seen a couple posts hinting about the comparison here, but looking for some direct feedback since both are available for relatively good prices.

I'm looking for a ski to ski in steeps that are chopped / skied out, but will also be fun in untracked (think day after storm doing hot laps laps while waiting for gates to open). I just wrote up some reference quick reviews of the skis I ski and it seems like what I enjoy is quick / poppy skis where I can ski fast in steep / technical stuff, but be able to shut it down quickly when things get tight.

For reference, quick reviews of skis I ski:
    - QST 118 - love it in pow and also love it in soft chop. In pow they are so surfy and pivoty I love it because I feel like you can carry a ton of speed into technical zones and quick foot your way through tough sections. Also when skiing fast in soft chop it feels like I'm in the air more than on the snow, which is a blast because of how quickly you can pivot these. It just sucks on firm though, which is why I don't take it out on days where I'm waiting for stuff to open.
    - Praxis Protest - love it in ultra deep, but for anything but the deepest days I'll pull the 118 because they're just more fun (the poppy quickness just isn't there in the protest)
    - QST 106 (wine colored) - decent at everything but not particularly fun. I feel like I wish they were easier to pivot like the 118.
    - QST 106 (2023 model) - demoed these for a couple laps and they felt way more fun than the wine colored ones. Quicker, easier to pivot, easier to ski fast in steep terrain.
    - Sheeva 11's - solid at everything just not particularly fun. Feels a bit too locked in skiing pow; once I start a turn, that's the turn I'm making (whereas the 118 it feels like I can change the turn shape in a millisecond if I need / want to)
    - Line Blades - I love skiing steep chalk on these...obviously not the intended use for these skis, but I just love the quickness.

M-Pro vs M-Free 99

Reading the Blister reviews I'm trying to decide between the Pro and the Free. I mostly ski at CB, lots of steeps and bumps - 99% off-piste. I am a directional skier but love the surfy feeling of skis with big rear rocker. Currently on Fischer Ranger 94 FR, and really like them until it snows. Tried a Liberty Origin 106 last season but found them noodly, not surfy enough and lacking confidence in the steeps. Have an older pair of PB&J's that I love but are too long for a daily driver. Looking for something like the PB&J for everyday.

The M-free sounds like a potential fit, but wondering how they are in steeps? Anyone know how they compare to the Origins? (Hopefully much better). M-pro sounds great in the steeps but I think it would lack the surfy feeling in pow. Thoughts?

Mpro is a directional weapon (stiffish w/flat tail), harder to ski slowly in variable snow whereas Mfree is softer yet still holds an edge very well while being able to pivot easier due to the upturn in the tail. I can’t compare to Moment or Fischer unfortunately, My 0.02-

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    lots of steeps lacking confidence in the steeps.

how they are in steeps? sounds great in the steeps
    I will never for the life of me understand what would make skis good in the "steeps"? I ski steep shit with varying styles- slashy and slarvey and playful, billygoat and jump turny, fall line and chargy fast, sometimes i like to see how aggressively i can rail short-medium turns. And how i ski is usually determined by snow quality and conditions... along with how a ski will perform.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I will never for the life of me understand what would make skis good in the "steeps"? I ski steep shit with varying styles- slashy and slarvey and playful, billygoat and jump turny, fall line and chargy fast, sometimes i like to see how aggressively i can rail short-medium turns. And how i ski is usually determined by snow quality and conditions... along with how a ski will perform.
    You must be a pretty sweet skier. Thanks for the input.

There are some very strong and aggressive skiers here skiing tight technical “steep” terrain with the MF108 as a daily driver. The obvious answer is get both. But neither should disappoint.

If the Wasatch ever gets a chance to live up to “The Greatest Snow on Earth” motto again, I could see an MFree108 being a solid DD at LCC or BCC resorts.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    If the Wasatch ever gets a chance to live up to “The Greatest Snow on Earth” motto again, I could see an MFree108 being a solid DD at LCC or BCC resorts.
    The MF108 has been one of the most popular skis if not the most popular ski any day of the year at alta and snowbird the past few years. A lot of that has to do with generous discounts they give to resort staff.

The M-Free looks like a really fun ski. On paper, the Origin also looked like a fun ski but was way too noodly for me. I didn't feel I could trust it making tight turns in no-fall zones. Good info. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    There are some very strong and aggressive skiers here skiing tight technical “steep” terrain with the MF108 as a daily driver. The obvious answer is get both. But neither should disappoint..

M-tour 99 got a very good review in FriFlyt.

Not really in the market for a 100mm ski, but if the 90 is the same construction and geo it’s tempting.

Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    Reading the Blister reviews I'm trying to decide between the Pro and the Free. I mostly ski at CB, lots of steeps and bumps - 99% off-piste. I am a directional skier but love the surfy feeling of skis with big rear rocker. Currently on Fischer Ranger 94 FR, and really like them until it snows. Tried a Liberty Origin 106 last season but found them noodly, not surfy enough and lacking confidence in the steeps. Have an older pair of PB&J's that I love but are too long for a daily driver. Looking for something like the PB&J for everyday.

The M-free sounds like a potential fit, but wondering how they are in steeps? Anyone know how they compare to the Origins? (Hopefully much better). M-pro sounds great in the steeps but I think it would lack the surfy feeling in pow. Thoughts?
    The M-Free 108 in 192 was by far my favorite ski at CB for headwall, spellbound, banana etc when I was there in Feb last season. The rear rocker makes it very easy to reposition. I gather the 182 and 192 are pretty different though, so without knowing how long your PB&J is hard to comment. I have what may be the world's stiffest PB&J in a 188, the M-Free 108 in 192 is much easier to swing around and somewhat more secure feeling on edge.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    M-tour 99 got a very good review in FriFlyt.

Not really in the market for a 100mm ski, but if the 90 is the same construction and geo it’s tempting.

Anybody know?
    The thing that has me slightly worried about the m tours - and the main reason other than an empty wallet that I have not bought a pair - is that FriFlyt lists the shovels as being fairly soft, a fair bit softer than m pros. This matches my experience from hand flexing them. The reason this matters is that I do not like soft shovels on skis that will potentially see a fair bit of harder and denser snow - it makes for abrupt turns. It is one of the things that I love with BMTs - the shovels are actually fairly stiff. (besides, a mtour will still not out perform bmt94s ).

I love how SkiEssentials describes them - as a skier's ski, they only do what you tell them to (mpros) - which frankly sounds like skiing perfection for my style. I find mfrees to be kinda similar, if probably waaaaay looser. They do not drag me into a turn unless I tell them to. I expect m pros to have a much more planted feel, from their construction and camber profile alike.

But man, it is tempting to try a pair of m tours - their price locally is pretty damned enticing.