Page 69 of 149 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3712
    Great to hear, Chugach! Keep the good news coming.

What was wrong with the tune? Anybody else experience this?

The base edges were almost reverse beveled at the contact points. I think they were just how they came out of the machine and since they were “team” skis maybe they didn’t get tuned, idea being that the end user would be tuning them how they wanted, just speculating though. Took off a lot of edge getting to a 1* base bevel. I think some others had issues but my knee was probably the only one claimed by them. I seem to remember LWS saying the tune was bad on his too.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Awesome!!! The LP 105 is one hell of a ski!
    Was 33 degrees and dumping. Was like being at Alpy again. Just way less trees, and less cool peeps.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    The base edges were almost reverse beveled at the contact points. I think they were just how they came out of the machine and since they were “team” skis maybe they didn’t get tuned, idea being that the end user would be tuning them how they wanted, just speculating though. Took off a lot of edge getting to a 1* base bevel. I think some others had issues but my knee was probably the only one claimed by them. I seem to remember LWS saying the tune was bad on his too.
    Yup.

My 182 MF 108s are up for grabs on Gear Swap.

The family is growing. Big thanks to Corbetts for the hot deal and excellent service.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7B8EEBF9-8C15-491B-A55F-9AD09F59ADDB.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	451.6 KB 
ID:	370573

Name:	64ACFC7E-C981-4A60-8C09-FCD1222C48B2.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	477.8 KB 
ID:	370574

I'm thinking about grabbing an extra pair of those now, just so Dynastar keeps it in the lineup. I love this ski. Does anyone know if late season, discounted sales actually affect how a manufacturer perceives interest from the buyer? I bought at retail price, from my local shop, to support big skis 2 years ago.

I just grabbed a pair of ARG IIs to represent the 2012 engineering. I'm going hard, I think it was better back then, I don't care.

https://youtu.be/gUXUYHTZwkQ

this video is so 2011-2012. Pro Ride. I miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    I'm thinking about grabbing an extra pair of those now, just so Dynastar keeps it in the lineup. I love this ski. Does anyone know if late season, discounted sales actually affect how a manufacturer perceives interest from the buyer? I bought at retail price, from my local shop, to support big skis 2 years ago.

I just grabbed a pair of ARG IIs to represent the 2012 engineering. I'm going hard, I think it was better back then, I don't care.

Just buy the extra pair I have.

There is one 187cm Menace 98 left on Corbetts for like $260 USD

There is one 187cm Menace 98 left on Corbetts for like $260 USD
    Pick these up someone, I just picked up a lightly used pair on KSL and they are pretty great mounted at -5 or -6. they ski pretty stout and punch above their weight for a budget ski. been great for the current spring conditions in Utah.

I've been skiing on a borrowed pair of what look to be 2011 Course TI Speed's similar to the one's shown below (mine have a TI after the Course). Do any of you Dynastar experts know what these may have evolved in to? Looking to pick up something a little more current, and longer than the 172's I am using now.

Dimensions on these are 104-72-120, R:15m.

Name:  Dynastar-course-Ti-speed-1.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  84.6 KB

Just found SKI description from 2010:

Dynastar Course TI (2011) We said “hard snow,” and Dynastar took us at our word. Straight out of the race collection comes the Course Ti. It’s a full-on, metal-reinforced, square-sidewalled speed demon with an ice-biting 72-mm waist. Flotation and Crud Performance? Not its bag. But it’s so good at what it does—medium-radius arcs on hard snow, the faster the better—that testers loved it. (Check out the Overall Impression ranking: No. 3.) Forgiving? Only compared to FIS-level race skis. But carve technicians and citizen racers will rip the groomed with confidence. “Exemplifies the best attributes of the ‘cheater race ski,’” said Garrett.

Fuck yeah! Now I feel extra rad.
    Last edited by powbmps; 04-12-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Yeah they still make a cheater...the speedzone ti. Think the speedzone 14 is the top end. They also make masters sl and gs boards if you like carving but want something slightly more forgiving than their retail FIS legal skis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thank you, sir. Looks like the current models top out at the 12. I will have to keep my eye out for a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado_Freeskier View Post
    Yeah they still make a cheater...the speedzone ti. Think the speedzone 14 is the top end. They also make masters sl and gs boards if you like carving but want something slightly more forgiving than their retail FIS legal skis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Thank you, sir. Looks like the current models top out at the 12. I will have to keep my eye out for a pair.
    Corbetts.com has the 12 on for $600 CAN/$480 US right now. Great deal!

Name:	9714D5AA-57D0-4344-ABA4-F7FC3A346488.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	944.7 KB 
ID:	371329

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    Corbetts.com has the 12 on for $600 CAN/$480 US right now. Great deal!

Name:	9714D5AA-57D0-4344-ABA4-F7FC3A346488.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	944.7 KB 
ID:	371329

get the Masters GS or SL, that would be closest to the one you show. The Speed 12 would be more like the Contact series of that vintage.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I've been skiing on a borrowed pair of what look to be 2011 Course TI Speed's....
    I have a pair of these in a 177 with different graphics. Man I just love them.

They can do any turn shape and are so smooth with grip for days. I remember reading on Epic that their replacement were a disappointment.

And I agree that the Speedzone range isn't really comparable. Head makes a carving ski in their Rebel line, that might be a worthy successor. That might also be cunting up this thread.

Thanks guys. I will do a little more research. My friend's 76 y.o. father lent these to me. He is an ex-instructor, hardcore carving, PSIA type guy, while I'm just a hack with shitty turns. Makes no sense to me that something this short and narrow can be so stable and fast. Pleasantly surprised for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    get the Masters GS or SL, that would be closest to the one you show. The Speed 12 would be more like the Contact series of that vintage.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    I have a pair of these in a 177 with different graphics. Man I just love them.

They can do any turn shape and are so smooth with grip for days. I remember reading on Epic that their replacement were a disappointment.

And I agree that the Speedzone range isn't really comparable. Head makes a carving ski in their Rebel line, that might be a worthy successor. That might also be cunting up this thread.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Speed Zone is pretty dumbed down compared to what you're on. SZ 12 and 14 are the same ski, but the 14 comes with the R22 plate vs. the Konect system, which really does make ruts and chatter a lot smoother and beefs up edge grip underfoot. Plus, you can run an 18 din binder so people know you're cool. FWIW, I thought the 174 was way more fun in that ski; the 182 wasn't a dog by any means, it just felt like extra length for no good reason.

If you want a longer version of what you're on, check out the speed course masters GS; its a ripper. Older versions are available cheapish. Get the R22 (or R21 if it's a couple years old) plate over Konect, worth it in every way.

Or mine. Need em gone at this point with grad school next year.
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Still want somebody to chime in on the fucking M-Tour. The season is here.
    Only got a chance for a hand flex comparison to the M Pro, both 186. Latter appears somewhat stiffer, particularly in the tip and tail. That said the Tour is by no means a soft noodle but the difference is what you would expect anyway between a ski with and without incorporated metal layer actually serving a different purpose. While the M Pro is stiff the Tour is medium-stiff.

Third hand reports I read so far say the Pro is damper, more stable at speed with somewhat better edge hold - which makes sense to me given the different constructions and weight.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    ...the R22 plate vs. the Konect system, which really does make ruts and chatter a lot smoother and beefs up edge grip underfoot.

Get the R22 (or R21 if it's a couple years old) plate over Konect, worth it in every way.
    I've got both the Dynastar WC FIS SL and GS with the race plates. Took out the GS boards on a hard pack day and had a blast. After a couple hours I switched out to my Legend Pros mounted with Pivot 14s, no plate, and took two runs before calling it...snow was so hard it was actually uncomfortable on the feet. The race plates make a huge difference.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado_Freeskier View Post
    I've got both the Dynastar WC FIS SL and GS with the race plates. Took out the GS boards on a hard pack day and had a blast. After a couple hours I switched out to my Legend Pros mounted with Pivot 14s, no plate, and took two runs before calling it...snow was so hard it was actually uncomfortable on the feet. The race plates make a huge difference.
    The difference between the SZ 12 with an SPX 12 Konect and the SZ 14 w/SPX 15 rockerace on an R22 is almost night and day. It's pretty cool to be able to a/b the same ski w/a different connection.

Thanks again for those S97's by the way, I've been rallying the piss out of them this spring. [/threaddrift]

For those interested, Blister has updated their review of the MFree 108 to include the 192. It sounds like they have been hanging out in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    For those interested, Blister has updated their review of the MFree 108 to include the 192. It sounds like they have been hanging out in this thread.
    More like “sounds like they have been inspired to try the 192 after reading this thread”.

I do have to give credit where it is due. Mr. I used to live in Leavenworth but now I ski in potato land skier was spot on about the ski and convinced me to try them. Really a crazy blend of loose and charger that is rare today. Glad Blister is finally catching on.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...