Page 83 of 149 FirstFirst ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3703
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Dammit! I haven't even skied my katanas yet but now I want some mfree 108s as well... but I just CAN'T!

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    But you should…

The Dynastar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Undertow, both rad setups but genuinely curious as to why you went with two very similar skis. I'm debating heavily between the two, shop price Dynastar is super enticing but ON3P (long time BG user) build quality and thinking the Woodsman will be the more damp and locked in of the two has me leaning in that direction.
    robn, my bad for taking so long to respond to your question - just saw the PM you sent…

With this being the Dynastar thread I will try and not cunt up the thread (too much)…. Like you I was turned on to ON3P by Powtron and have the OG 191 Wrens and have a ton of their skis as I just jive with them…. I grew up ski racing and pretty much rocked Dynastars and loved the old School XXLs and LPs…. Absolutely hated the Cham series so began looking elsewhere…

Fast forward to now…. I own Wrens and 116 Kartels and was looking for a tweener (Woods)…. Bought the OG Woods 108s and did not like the flex, mount point and what I read on here…. I have a shit ton of respect for several on this board and there are 2 skis I would never have bought but because of the hype here I bought…. One was the Bibby Pro and hated so sold immediately…. Since I was looking for a tweener ski that fell between the Wren and Kartel I bought the MFree 108 at the end of the year as it sounded like it was exactly what I was looking for…. Like I said above the camber, rocker profile, flex and weight just is Fing spot on…

I had no clue the Woods was going to be redesigned and after talking to Iggy I could not resist the purchase…. New core, flex, and mount point and I had to go for it…. I know I will love it, but just did not feel like getting rid of the MFree - this ski just feels money and know it will be the first Dynastar I will like since 10+ years…

I don’t think you can go wrong with either and knowing you can get the Dynastar for probably $300+ less makes it the easier decision…

Not being on either of them yet so this is speculation but I do believe the MFree will be more damp due to weight and metal, but do believe the Woods will absolutely float better and probably a bit more locked in when on edge…. Although the MFree has a fuck ton of camber so def could be wrong…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Undertow; 10-03-2021 at 08:05 PM.

Interested to hear your comparison once you get enough time on both.
    For the Mfree, I was surprised at how well it floated, punched above it’s waist dimension. Carve, yeah, they lay trenches. Just another aspect of them that makes them so fun and made me want to grab them every day. But I have other killer skis to ski so…

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    there are 2 skis I would never have bought but because of the hype here I bought…. One was the Bibby Pro and hated so sold immediately….
    Just out of curiosity, what length Bibby did you try? I had the 190s at one point and thought they were amazing. I tried the 184s and found them a bit meh.
    Last edited by D(C); 11-29-2021 at 12:38 AM.

Wading into the dstar thread here... So in my quest for a new long distance/couloir BC ski, I've come across the MTour 99. I'm looking to ditch my zero g 85s which are superlight but I find too hooky and foldy if not perfect corn or just ice. The MTour 99 addes some weight but still damn light for long distances, obviously wider with more rocker and taper helps not catch/hook in variable, also like the longer sidecut and shape to be able to determine your turn shape vs being yanked into something tight. Any experience or thoughts on this? It's new so not much info, but seems pretty unique in a good way (real light but more modern shape).
    Also, on length... I'm 6'1 180 and ski 190ish but my zero g's are 178cm (longest they come in). I'm also thinking going short (178) on the MTours if they're gonna be a long distance steep and tight couloir ski. I'll have a longer-wider meadow skipping BC ski for winter. Any flawed logic there?
    Thx all

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Wading into the dstar thread here... So in my quest for a new long distance/couloir BC ski, I've come across the MTour 99. I'm looking to ditch my zero g 85s which are superlight but I find too hooky and foldy if not perfect corn or just ice. The MTour 99 addes some weight but still damn light for long distances, obviously wider with more rocker and taper helps not catch/hook in variable, also like the longer sidecut and shape to be able to determine your turn shape vs being yanked into something tight. Any experience or thoughts on this? It's new so not much info, but seems pretty unique in a good way (real light but more modern shape).
    Also, on length... I'm 6'1 180 and ski 190ish but my zero g's are 178cm (longest they come in). I'm also thinking going short (178) on the MTours if they're gonna be a long distance steep and tight couloir ski. I'll have a longer-wider meadow skipping BC ski for winter. Any flawed logic there?
    Thx all
    I haven't been on the MTour but it would probably meet your needs well. The only skiers I've seen on them were Dynastar-sponsored so of course they had great things to say.

The Down LD90 would be perfect for you if you can find a pair

Yeah, the LD90 is now my holy grail ski but of course its about that hard to find as well now! I've tried getting in touch with Down but they must be fully shut down, sadly

Stoke!!

Going P15s + cast

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7298.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	387973

Omg we’re gonna look so ghey in the lift line now with matching vests and skis…esp when Kopi joins the party.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Omg we’re gonna look so ghey in the lift line now with matching vests and skis…esp when Kopi joins the party.
    You already looked ghey. Hate to burst that bubble

Matchie MATCHIE

Imma pull both of yer ripcords in the lift line

The Dynastar Thread

Just grabbed these cute little things for a mag-grom in idaho.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0983.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	387982

Don’t we also have matching boots too? God damnit. Please don’t tell me you also bought a black smith helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    You already looked ghey. Hate to burst that bubble
    You jelly?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Matchie MATCHIE

Imma pull both of yer ripcords in the lift line
    I think we are inflating this to an unprecedented level.

I suggest we have an mfree108 day at Schweitzer this season. We could literally have an entire lift line of mfree108s lapping the Colburn Lake Ski Area.

I can't afford Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    I can't afford Schweitzer
    Isn't snoq on Ikon?

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Isn't snoq on Ikon?
    I didn't buy Ikon

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I suggest we have an mfree108 day at Schweitzer this season. We could literally have an entire lift line of mfree108s lapping the Colburn Lake Ski Area.
    I’m so in.

This sounds like something I’d make a trip for.

The Dynastar Thread

^^ I know there are talks of an INW BBI weekend.

Silver/Schwiz

@ LVS we got a date?

Is MFREE 108 the new PraxisRx?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Is MFREE 108 the new PraxisRx?
    Yes, except the Mfree is a better ski. So intuitive. I’d drive over for a Schweitzer Mfree weekend.

We're going to look so kewl.
    Sounds good to me!

When I daydream about skiing in summer, the skis on my feet are mfree 108s.

Never skied the mfree but it has to be. The Rx sucks so much ass.