Page 51 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3712
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    trench town
    Ditto. A tune and switching to some real bindings have brought these things to life...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34C4E8BE-09A2-4B40-A14D-FD86B3D686F5.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	513.8 KB 
ID:	359370
    Last edited by gwat; 01-23-2021 at 07:57 PM.
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Anyone been on the “replacement for the LP105”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Jackattack that pic has me jonesing to hop back on my pair. Very Noice!

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Jackattack that pic has me jonesing to hop back on my pair. Very Noice!
    saddle up pardner

The Dynastar Thread

First day on the full size 108s. Dust on death crust ice. Super. Duper. Fun.

No speed limit that I could find. Stable. Easy to shut down. Rally through death cookies. Crush the refreeze bumps. So nice.

Thanks to all you shills for your shilling. Happy customer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0552.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	390.9 KB 
ID:	359562

Anyone want my mfree 108s? 192, one mount, 3 days

Paging @skilyft

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    What binder? How much?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

saddle up pardner
    YeeeeHaaaww!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210125_112432.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	359620

I’m out boys!! Someone else jump on these ASAP!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm now on Day 6 for my 192 MFree 108s. Have not found a weakness for my skiing style. Still hoping to get some deeper fresh snow. Hopefully a Mag can pick up a solid deal.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I'm now on Day 6 for my 192 MFree 108s. Have not found a weakness for my skiing style. Still hoping to get some deeper fresh snow. Hopefully a Mag can pick up a solid deal.
    You got time for an M-Free 108/Enforcer 110 comparison?

Still haven’t mounted my M-Free 108’s yet, but after skiing my K108’s, I don’t want to ski anything else!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post

Still haven’t mounted my M-Free 108’s yet, but after skiing my K108’s, I don’t want to ski anything else!
    What mid-100 width ski don't you have? It's awesome and I'm jealous.

What are they drilled for? So much hype in this thread, how could I not.

Also, what don't you like?

Well I only had the one day on the Enforcer 110 in 4" of new snow at Whistler, so it's not really apples to apples. I was able to find a speed limit on the E110 that I haven't found yet on the MFree. The MFree give much more energy back on turns and seems to carve better on the groomed. It also has a nice, supportive tail for airs.

I liked the E110. It was a fun, easy ski. I just feel the MFree gives more back to me and matches better to my more aggressive skiing tendencies.

I still want to try the K108 as it sounds kind of similar to the MFree.

Well I only had the one day on the Enforcer 110 in 4" of new snow at Whistler, so it's not really apples to apples. I was able to find a speed limit on the E110 that I haven't found yet on the MFree. The MFree give much more energy back on turns and seems to carve better on the groomed. It also has a nice, supportive tail for airs.

I liked the E110. It was a fun, easy ski. I just feel the MFree gives more back to me and matches better to my more aggressive skiing tendencies.

I'm interested in the E110 vs. M-Free 108 comparisons too. Without having a chance to ski them I've formed an opinion based on far too much internet time that the E110 would be the better carver on the groomed at the expense of slarvability. The M-Free 108 seems like more of a "fun shape" with the long tip and tail tapers. But your comparison here says the opposite.

Length might be at play here too. I'm forming some of my opinions based on Blister, and they reviewed the M-Free 108 in 182cm. I really wish there was a middle option between the 182 and 192 M-Free.

Quote Originally Posted by birdboatboy View Post
    I'm interested in the E110 vs. M-Free 108 comparisons too. Without having a chance to ski them I've formed an opinion based on far too much internet time that the E110 would be the better carver on the groomed at the expense of slarvability. The M-Free 108 seems like more of a "fun shape" with the long tip and tail tapers. But your comparison here says the opposite.

Length might be at play here too. I'm forming some of my opinions based on Blister, and they reviewed the M-Free 108 in 182cm. I really wish there was a middle option between the 182 and 192 M-Free.
    Don't know if I'm expressing it in the correct words, but having some experience on nordica and dynastar, I would say that carving on nordicas has hinged on using the sidecut more than the camber, while carving on dynastar hinged on using camber more than shape. Neither are exclusive, but I think my experience on the m-free agrees with the statement - they carve nicely, hold an edge nicely, but are still loose and easy to pivot when you need them to.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by birdboatboy View Post

While I wouldn't ski it, I wish there was a middle shape, too just so more people would give it a shot.

I didn't get a lot of time with the E110 on carveable terrain the day I had it, but it seemed like it handled groomed well. The MFree has handled it very well. I'm able to make any turn shape and lay down hard carves. The camber helps it dig in and gives a lot of energy out of the turn. It's just a lot of fun.

Appreciate the input. Since the 191 E110 and 192 M-Free 108 are so similar in terms of weight, mount point, rocker profile, and turn radius, your insights are relevant.

I’m encouraged that you couldn’t find a speed limit on the MF108. I agree that the E110 has one, but most people will never find it. We PNW skier just must be a different breed. I also agree that the E110 can feel dead and lifeless to some. Going to try and get out Thursday night. Maybe I can do some back-to-back comparisons.

Thanks again for giving me some more comparison data to chew on.

Phatty - any new thoughts on mount point since we last spoke?

If I did it again, I'd go - 1cm. I'm fine with it now that I'm used to the line, but I think I'd like it better back just a little bit.

I went +1.5 and it felt completely natural, the ski has a large sweet spot.

The line is a bit of an adjustment for most people at first, but even the most traditional skiers among us seem to adapt to the manufacturer's line. I mounted my pivot toes with a 4mm shim to cheat my stance a bit on the ski. If you intend to ski deep snow (more than a foot) I'd consider -1, but the ski is very balanced in all other conditions on the line.

One of the interesting characteristics of Dynastar skis IME is that the camber extends further into the tail than most other skis. I find this lends pop to the ski while allowing them to be quite damp depending on the ski's layup. I am super impressed at how nimble and maneuverable the mfree108 is considering the amount of camber they have. The taper points and rocker profile are dialed. This ski kills the playful mid-fat all-mountain slot.

I recommend a 2 ski dyna-quiver of MF108 and LP105 to slay 93.7% of conditions.

I recommend a 2 ski dyna-quiver of MF108 and LP105 to slay 93.7% of conditions.
    Add big pow ski of your choice (mfree118, goat, Supergoat, c&d, lotus etc) and you're fully covered IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Add big pow ski of your choice (mfree118, goat, Supergoat, c&d, lotus etc) and you're fully covered IMHO.
    sounds boring. thank god we have people like Bandit Man in this world so we can justify our manufacturer-specific quiver goals.