Page 85 of 149 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 3712
    Working on my Dynastar mini quiver for 2021-2022…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1635304345.905951.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	229.8 KB 
ID:	390472
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Working on my Dynastar mini quiver for 2021-2022…

Name:	Image1635304345.905951.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	229.8 KB 
ID:	390472
    We can be fraternal twins. I have the same quiver with different topsheets on the right two!

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    We can be fraternal twins. I have the same quiver with different topsheets on the right two!
    That’s right! I’ll have to come down to Alpy for a Dynastar mini-summit sometime.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

2017 Pro Riders

I have some unmounted 2017 Pro Riders anyone want to trade or buy them? Damn filters keep blocking me so keeping this short on purpose. I'm in the PNW woud rather not ship. Can't make a new thread in the FS section sorry if this shouldnt be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobber View Post
    I have some unmounted 2017 Pro Riders anyone want to trade or buy them? Damn filters keep blocking me so keeping this short on purpose. I'm in the PNW woud rather not ship. Can't make a new thread in the FS section sorry if this shouldnt be here.
    These aren't the rare 18x midget size are they? If so, I'm interested.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post

I resemble that remark.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado

They haven't made the LP 105 in 184 (or 175 or 166) since 2012. Which is a shame (for all the midgets).

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    They haven't made the LP 105 in 184 (or 175 or 166) since 2012. Which is a shame (for all the midgets).
    Couldn't remember when, hence my comment. I picked up a pair last year and they fun! 2012, wow, that is a while ago...

He who has the most fun wins!

Shit, if I ever see a pair of 175 or 166 I’ll buy them for the wife and older daughter.

Anybody holding?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Sorry 192s were the only size that year. Lots of black with an orange stripe. Wood sidewalls.

Long story, but basically I loved my first pair so much I bought two pairs just in case and the first pair is indestructible.

I don't live near any good resorts anymore so I'm only using the first pair for touring so they'll probably last me decades now.

The second pair needs a new home.

Thoughts on the mount point for Mfree99s in 185? Previous owner mounted them at recommended for a BSL of 295, I'm wondering if it would be worth moving the mount forward to reuse a few holes and accommodate a BSL of 311.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Name:	1D039FA6-481F-4894-854A-9D293E819B2A.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	549.5 KB 
ID:	390972First Dynastars I have had since high school. Will mount each with Look SPXs. MPro 90 in 178. MFree 108 in 182
    "Let's be careful out there."

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    First Dynastars I have had since high school. Will mount each with Look SPXs. MPro 90 in 178. MFree 108 in 182
    What made you pick the Mpro 90 over the 99?

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    What made you pick the Mpro 90 over the 99?

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
    I have a pair of Bonafides already. I am hoping the 90 can be a good spring and summer glacier ski. Narrow enough to get on edge easy when on the firm groom in the morning and wide enough to handle the afternoon mash potatoes at the end of the day. I may be wrong, but worth a shot
    "Let's be careful out there."

^ and you may be right

About to pull the trigger on some m-free 108s. Tell me this is the ski I want to go between mx98s and BGs in the quiver. Will be replacing some broken stormrider TT 110s.

Other skis I was looking at zx108, bmx105 hp, m pro 105.

Really just looking for a do everything freeride ski that can be at home in big mountain setting as well as mini golf/ trees/ etc.

10 years ago I had a pair of extra stiff Bibby pro 190s. Would love that ski with less tail rocker and a bit more precision for hard snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    About to pull the trigger on some m-free 108s. Tell me this is the ski I want to go between mx98s and BGs in the quiver.

Really just looking for a do everything freeride ski that can be at home in big mountain setting as well as mini golf/ trees/ etc.

This is the droid you are looking for.

Pull that trigger: 2 ski quiver here, SG + castified Mf108. Dynastar roots carry over well in that mfree platform.

It's done. Thanks for the confidence

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    About to pull the trigger on some m-free 108s. Tell me this is the ski I want to go between mx98s and BGs in the quiver. Will be replacing some broken stormrider TT 110s.

Other skis I was looking at zx108, bmx105 hp, m pro 105.

10 years ago I had a pair of extra stiff Bibby pro 190s. Would love that ski with less tail rocker and a bit more precision for hard snow.
    FWIW, I have both of those skis. Would confirm there's a lot of overlap between the two. There are still some differences though.

TT's are faster. They're more stable. What they achieve in maneuverability comes largely from their pintail; scrubbing speed and throwing the ski sideways is a breeze on the TT.

The M-FREE's turn radius is shorter, it has more tip splay, but also has more camber. Metal underfoot, but not in the tip and tail. You'll feel more vibration in the tip and tails, but it still stays quite stable underfoot due to the metal and camber.

IMO where the m-free is lacking compared to the TT it makes up for in its playfulness, weight, and more diverse terrain options.

Even given their similarities, I'm not planning of getting rid of either one anytime soon, because they both do have a place for me:

TTs - I can scare myself easier on the TT, go faster, and blast through more gunk going straight. I actually prefer these on lower-tide days. Twin tip is less useful on this ski if you actually like skiing backwards due to the shape of the ski.

MF108: I like being in the air more as well as landing. I can blast through gunk, just with more turns. M-Frees actually float better than the TTs imo. The shape of the m-free compliments the twin tip if you like going backwards.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Any notable differences between OG LP105 and current M-Pro-Pro?
    I see the bases are no longer black..so the new iteration is obviously a few km/h slower.
    If I close my eyes will I feel any difference in how they ski?

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Shit, if I ever see a pair of 175 or 166 I’ll buy them for the wife and older daughter.

Anybody holding?

I have a pair of 176 LP exclusive with the Japanese topsheet. Interesting that they are a 128-100-118 sidecut and did not work out for the person I got them for. As new unmounted.
    Let me know if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    FWIW, I have both of those skis. Would confirm there's a lot of overlap between the two. There are still some differences though.

TT's are faster. They're more stable. What they achieve in maneuverability comes largely from their pintail; scrubbing speed and throwing the ski sideways is a breeze on the TT.

The M-FREE's turn radius is shorter, it has more tip splay, but also has more camber. Metal underfoot, but not in the tip and tail. You'll feel more vibration in the tip and tails, but it still stays quite stable underfoot due to the metal and camber.

IMO where the m-free is lacking compared to the TT it makes up for in its playfulness, weight, and more diverse terrain options.

Even given their similarities, I'm not planning of getting rid of either one anytime soon, because they both do have a place for me:

TTs - I can scare myself easier on the TT, go faster, and blast through more gunk going straight. I actually prefer these on lower-tide days. Twin tip is less useful on this ski if you actually like skiing backwards due to the shape of the ski.

MF108: I like being in the air more as well as landing. I can blast through gunk, just with more turns. M-Frees actually float better than the TTs imo. The shape of the m-free compliments the twin tip if you like going backwards.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insight. The short turning radius is really my only concern, most or all of my quiver is 25m+ so we'll see how I get on with something a bit tighter when going fast.

Ill miss the tts, will probably take them out early season as rock skis before I pull the bindings. They had a bunch of core shots and the core started swelling. Ive worked my hardest to get the bases to stay flat but haven't managed even after a good grind. Stocklis are great but they are super fragile- I think it comes from the torsional stiffness. Too bad, I don't think we'll see something like the tts again- full metal lam pin tail with no fiberglass.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

M-Pro vs M-Free

Anyone have experience with either (or both) of these skis?

I'm looking to replace my Dynastar Cham 97's, and it sounds like these could be good options, but not sure which of these to go with.

Looking for something all-mountain that can handle both powder and the woods well, but not be a slouch on groomers and hard-pack NorthEast conditions either.

I love the Chams, and not sure which of these are closer to them. It sounds like the rocker in the tail might make the M-Frees a better option for tight turns in the trees, but do you sacrifice stability when skiing fast on groomers with them?

Which of these are closer to the Chams, and which is the better ski overall?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DustinG View Post
    Anyone have experience with either (or both) of these skis?

I'm looking to replace my Dynastar Cham 97's, and it sounds like these could be good options, but not sure which of these to go with.

Looking for something all-mountain that can handle both powder and the woods well, but not be a slouch on groomers and hard-pack NorthEast conditions either.

I love the Chams, and not sure which of these are closer to them. It sounds like the rocker in the tail might make the M-Frees a better option for tight turns in the trees, but do you sacrifice stability when skiing fast on groomers with them?

Which of these are closer to the Chams, and which is the better ski overall?

Thanks.
    Mpro99 is way more like the OG Cham97 than the Mfree99. Don't be afraid to mount a tad forward of the line or go slightly short as its a stout ski with a very traditional mount point. Chams always felt more forward than they really were due to the extreme pin tail.

Or get both.