Page 95 of 110 FirstFirst ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2743
  1. #2351
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    voting in seattle
    Posts
    4,909
    Good call by Dynastar to keep the overall theme constant IMO. Really Dynastar is rebuilding their brand identity around the new M series of skis and consumers on the mountain should be able to quickly recognize what they are looking at when they see a M-Pro or M-free. The changes keep it new but clearly recognizable.

  2. #2352
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    panhandle locdog
    Posts
    7,544
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Based on LWS' comments in the 22-23 Gear Rumors thread, it sounds like that line might be blurring.

    "More info on the new Dynastar:

    Same lengths as the Mfree108.

    110mm waist on the 192 size, skinnier as the length goes down. Slightly wider waist width for more versatility in soft snow conditions at FWT venues.

    Sounds like the ski is designed to charge as hard as the current LP105, still very damp and planted but also going to be more fun to ski in tight spots, easier to release when needed, etc due to more progressive shape and rocker profile. Basically trying to bring all the good qualities of the LP105 and the Mfree108 together in one super ski."
    The Pro line will continue to be fall-line oriented and traditionally mounted and Free line will be for skiers with a more playful approach to the mountain with a more progressive mount point. A slightly more forgiving Pro Rider is not an Mfree108... it's still a fall line charger.

  3. #2353
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    27
    Really hoping nothing changes on the Pro 99's! I was too wishy-washy on picking them up on pro-deal and now they're sold out in the 186. If I see them again, I'm pulling the trigger. So energetic, poppy, and straight up fun.

  4. #2354
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Van
    Posts
    3,589
    After finding my 187 Menace 98s grabby on my first day on them, I sent them for a tune. What a difference! Theyíre powerful and locked in, but smooth in and out of turns.

    I donít own a true bar so I wasnít able to confirm, but they felt like they were railed from the factory.

  5. #2355
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,407

    The Dynastar Thread

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4700.JPG 
Views:	212 
Size:	252.8 KB 
ID:	401475

    This sign was on Peak Chair as you skied into Whistler bowl. I didnít find conditions that bad. Probably cause I was on the M-Free 99. Those things rip shit conditions. Canít really explain it except I seemed to be finding the conditions better than most. They had great grip (even on ice) for a ski with so much tip/tail rocker. You could ski them fast/hard on the steep ice, or maneuver over stuff, and fly on groomers. Easy to ski , yet rips. Iím 5í7Ē, 165 lbs on the 179cm @ +1cm (-6.5cm).

    I have some Duke PT 16s with a 100mm brake looking for a home.

    So impressed with the 179cm M-Free 99 considering a 178cm M-Pro 99??

    Anyone skied both. I know they are totally different animals. But Iím trying to have different feeling skis in the narrower end of the quiver.

    Eg K108 and Enforcer 104 in the mid 100s

    M-Free 99 and M-Pro99??

    Iíd rarely tour on the M-Pro 99Ö.mostly for morning exercise laps up Seymour to see the sunrise. Would be an inbounds ripper to complement the M-Free 99. Which is why the Duke PTs might make sense.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4780.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	402387
    Last edited by kc_7777; 01-22-2022 at 05:23 PM.
    _________________________________________________
    I love big dumps.

  6. #2356
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    voting in seattle
    Posts
    4,909
    I haven’t skied the M-Free 99, but the M-pro 99 is an absolutely awesome ski for hard with a little soft.

  7. #2357
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4700.JPG 
Views:	212 
Size:	252.8 KB 
ID:	401475

    This sign was on Peak Chair as you skied into Whistler bowl. I didnít find conditions that bad. Probably cause I was on the M-Free 99. Those things rip shit conditions. Canít really explain it except I seemed to be finding the conditions better than most. They had great grip (even on ice) for a ski with so much tip/tail rocker. You could ski them fast/hard on the steep ice, or maneuver over stuff, and fly on groomers. Easy to ski , yet rips. Iím 5í7Ē, 165 lbs on the 179cm @ +1cm (-6.5cm).

    I have some Duke PT 16s with a 100mm brake looking for a home.

    So impressed with the 179cm M-Free 99 considering a 178cm M-Pro 99??

    Anyone skied both. I know they are totally different animals. But Iím trying to have different feeling skis in the narrower end of the quiver.

    Eg K108 and Enforcer 104 in the mid 100s

    M-Free 99 and M-Pro99??

    Iíd rarely tour on the M-Pro 99Ö.mostly for morning exercise laps up Seymour to see the sunrise. Would be an inbounds ripper to complement the M-Free 99. Which is why the Duke PTs might make sense.
    Nice! I found myself in similar conditions this weekend on the MPro 90 and was starting to wonder which 99 offering would be best for me and I am leaning toward getting the MFree 99.

    Also, anyone have experience with the MFree 118?
    "Let's be careful out there."

  8. #2358
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    panhandle locdog
    Posts
    7,544
    118 is a great ski, a bit billygoat like but more planted on firm snow yet somehow still quite loose.

  9. #2359
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4700.JPG 
Views:	212 
Size:	252.8 KB 
ID:	401475

    This sign was on Peak Chair as you skied into Whistler bowl. I didnít find conditions that bad. Probably cause I was on the M-Free 99. Those things rip shit conditions. Canít really explain it except I seemed to be finding the conditions better than most. They had great grip (even on ice) for a ski with so much tip/tail rocker. You could ski them fast/hard on the steep ice, or maneuver over stuff, and fly on groomers. Easy to ski , yet rips. Iím 5í7Ē, 165 lbs on the 179cm @ +1cm (-6.5cm).

    I have some Duke PT 16s with a 100mm brake looking for a home.

    So impressed with the 179cm M-Free 99 considering a 178cm M-Pro 99??

    Anyone skied both. I know they are totally different animals. But Iím trying to have different feeling skis in the narrower end of the quiver.

    Eg K108 and Enforcer 104 in the mid 100s

    M-Free 99 and M-Pro99??

    Iíd rarely tour on the M-Pro 99Ö.mostly for morning exercise laps up Seymour to see the sunrise. Would be an inbounds ripper to complement the M-Free 99. Which is why the Duke PTs might make sense.
    You don't like traditional mount points so I don't know that you'd jive with the m-pro if you're just going to move the mount way forward.

    Plus you already have the blade for hardpack and the katana for going mach chicken.

    Just my 0.02
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  10. #2360
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,407

    The Dynastar Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    You don't like traditional mount points so I don't know that you'd jive with the m-pro if you're just going to move the mount way forward.

    Plus you already have the blade for hardpack and the katana for going mach chicken.

    Just my 0.02
    Haha. Wise you are.

    Will give my Blade review shortly. Holy!

    K108s still unskied!
    _________________________________________________
    I love big dumps.

  11. #2361
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Haha. Wise you are.

    Will give my Blade review shortly. Holy!

    K108s still unskied!
    Right on man.

    I appreciate that you have the budget to try all these skis for me because I don't... and appreciate that you give feedback on all of them.

    I also sent you an unrelated PM I'm looking forward to hearing from you on.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  12. #2362
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    118 is a great ski, a bit billygoat like but more planted on firm snow yet somehow still quite loose.
    Good to know. Thanks!
    "Let's be careful out there."

  13. #2363
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    On your tic list
    Posts
    351
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0081.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	401703
    Long time thread lurker. 4x4s arrived last week, decided I might have a problem. Fun skis for sure. Mega power.


    Lifties get you loaded, lifties get you high, lifties get you off.

  14. #2364
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    5,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    You don't like traditional mount points so I don't know that you'd jive with the m-pro if you're just going to move the mount way forward.

    Plus you already have the blade for hardpack and the katana for going mach chicken.

    Just my 0.02
    KC just loves to buy skis! And we get to hear about them which is awesome, I was just hoping he didn't like the blank and they were going to end up in gear swap.

    @KC I've got enough time on the 178 mPro 99 now to have an opinion on it. Most days were on EC shitfuck hard snow and I was afraid my +2 mount was a little too forward. Yesterday we had a free refill day that saw about 10" of high moisture content snow fall. Skied them in the afternoon when things were pretty chewed and they were awesome, pretty much what I was hoping for out of them. They ski like what I always wished a Wailer 99 was, a little longer radius and pretty stout from the mid to the tail. Today I skied a couple hours on the leftovers from yesterday, they crushed the wind deposited terrain that wasn't groomed last night and really shined on the wind smeared trails that were groomed. Fucking smooth ride they are.

    Still tempted to move the mount back. I usually don't do that, seems like I end up selling things instead of putting more holes in them so not sure I will. So far I like them too much to not keep skiing them. If I had the 186 I would mount like +2 or maybe even 3, I know the Blister dude liked them as far as +4.

    Finally mounted my mF108 but only have a couple runs on hard snow on them so not enough time for any comparison to the feel of the mPro. Maybe I'll take them out this afternoon...

  15. #2365
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,407

    The Dynastar Thread

    Ya I do like to buy skis.

    And I sell.

    Just sold the pink Fischer Ranger 102 Fr for what I paid. Even with 1 mount. Liked them but the E104 is the same ski/better for me. Sold my Rustler 11s and Pivots too.

    Problem is I bought a pair of 100mm Duke PTsÖ.for the Blanks but the 100mm brake doesnít fit on the 112mm Blank (I read somewhere that it doesÖ.weird they only have 100mm and 125mm brake options on the Duke PT).

    So do I return the Duke PTs 100mmsÖ.or find a new 100mm ski.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 01-18-2022 at 11:57 AM.
    _________________________________________________
    I love big dumps.

  16. #2366
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    5,176
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Ya I do like to buy skis.
    Don't we all.

    One more thought on the mPro, Blister guys raved about it on chalky steeps. We don't really get that here in the east but I've skied those condition enough to agree with them, this thing would be totally at home in a place like the expert chutes in Jackson.

  17. #2367
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    269
    Anybody try the M-Tours? I just replaced my Mythics (well used 184s about to go up for sale if anybody is looking for a great package deal) and really wanted to buy the skis that Dynastar replaced them with. Unfortunately, I could not find a single rave review for these skis. They made them way stiffer with a much longer turn radius and still very directional. They seem to have fucked up on this one.

  18. #2368
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    3,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    Anybody try the M-Tours? I just replaced my Mythics (well used 184s about to go up for sale if anybody is looking for a great package deal) and really wanted to buy the skis that Dynastar replaced them with. Unfortunately, I could not find a single rave review for these skis. They made them way stiffer with a much longer turn radius and still very directional. They seem to have fucked up on this one.
    The m-tour 99 looks like it comes out of the same mold as the m-pro 99 without the metal laminate.

    I have not been able to find any reviews of the mtour or mvertical, both skis I would like to try for a spring/consolidated touring rig.

  19. #2369
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    5,176
    Some mag in this thread dropped in on the mTour. Lord Thomas maybe?


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  20. #2370
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Winthrop, WA.
    Posts
    1,237
    Not me. I was just bitch'n that nobody had posted any feedback on them yet. Evidently they still haven't. The way this weather is going around here we will be doing "spring" touring next week. If I had any $ I'd buy a pair just to be able to post an opinion about them.

  21. #2371
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    5,176
    At least my feeble memory had you pegged as interested!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #2372
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    5,176
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Finally mounted my mF108 but only have a couple runs on hard snow on them so not enough time for any comparison to the feel of the mPro. Maybe I'll take them out this afternoon...
    Took them out and they are fun, of course today the gold pivots I ordered in August came in after I mounted them with attacks. Mega first world problems here.

    Might be some NIB pivots in gear swap soon.

  23. #2373
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    18
    Any mount recommendations for m free 118? I was thinking +2 from recommended since Iíve always ridden within 2cm of center and like a more pivot-y playful ski


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  24. #2374
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,228
    I'm on the Proto118 on the line and they feel too long sometimes. I'm thinking that 1 or 2 ahead would have been better, but also don't have experience of mounting anything forward.

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

  25. #2375
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoyle View Post
    Any mount recommendations for m free 118? I was thinking +2 from recommended since Iíve always ridden within 2cm of center and like a more pivot-y playful ski


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Which size are you on. Also, how tall and how much you weigh?

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •