Page 111 of 149 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 3703
    MFree 108 still the only ski I grab. Spent 5 days strait on summer conditions. Left my others sitting in the truck.

Plenty of pose on firm mornings, great in the later day corn, and still good in the afternoon slush.

You all have me intrigued by the Pro, love the top sheet, but I don’t know if they would keep me from still grabbing the Free.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    You all have me intrigued by the Pro, love the top sheet, but I don’t know if they would keep me from still grabbing the Free.
    This is the internal debate all of us MFree lovers are facing right now.

Mfree prolly is the best/most versatile ski of the decade. Sure you can improve on certain aspects, but you will sacrifice other areas where the ski excels.

I’m picking up a second pair as backup before D⭐️ does something stupid and changes them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Dynastar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Mfree prolly is the best/most versatile ski of the decade. Sure you can improve on certain aspects, but you will sacrifice other areas where the ski excels.

I’m picking up a second pair as backup before D⭐️ does something stupid and changes them.

That “best ski ever” stuff makes me laugh. Not sure how universal that sentiment is, but the MFree is quite good and definitely in the top three for my quiver rotation.

I will agree on your other point. My “backup” pair of 192’s arrived last week.
    Last edited by Bandit Man; 07-02-2022 at 10:23 AM.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    That “best ski ever” stuff makes me laugh. Not sure how universal that sentiment is, but the MFree is quite good and definitely in the top three for my quiver rotation.

I will agree on your other point. My “backup” pair of 192’s arrived last week.
    You really should come east and ski with us beaters out here at Jackass this winter! You missed one hella good time at the *meat up last winter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    You really should come east and ski with us beaters out here at Jackass this winter! You missed one hella good time at the *meat up last winter.
    D00d agreed; that was a great time!! Looking forward to next year already!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2576.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	868.8 KB 
ID:	420529

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I planned on it but life got in the way this year. We had to put our 12-yo Black Lab down the day before the Inland PNW Gathering, so didn’t feel like making the trip.

Did look likes lots of fun. Maybe next season?

I planned on it but life got in the way this year. We had to put our 12-yo Black Lab down the day before the Inland PNW Gathering, so didn’t feel like making the trip.

Bandit apparently we have the same taste in dogs just like we do in skis. My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Bandit apparently we have the same taste in dogs just like we do in skis. My condolences.
    Thanks, KC. He was a good pup.

I think I need you to show me around Blackcomb this season. Whether on some Dynastars or not, this finally needs to happen.

Thanks, KC. He was a good pup.

I think I need you to show me around Blackcomb this season. Whether on some Dynastars or not, this finally needs to happen.
    Sounds good. Long overdue. Got some good spots to show you. Prolly need your Dynastars and not your Katanas. We’re there pretty much every weekend of the season except Feb 17 - Feb 26 when we’re on the Powder Highway.

Yeah, I remember that man, condolences again.
    This was the brain child of TAFKALVS but if he doesn’t hatch another pretty sure myself or SkiLyft will.

I'm in for another round. Got some 192mf108 from Tim @ theskishop im MT.

Name:	20220621_204442.jpeg 
Views:	132 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	420697

Yeah, I'm hoping to make it for the INW shindig this next year. Will have MFrees, but I need to get a vest to fit in with the cool kids.

Atta boi Norse!
    Make it happen phatty! Vests are not mandatory but we do look down a little at those who do not…

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Name:	20220621_204442.jpeg 
Views:	132 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	420697
    Subtle bird is subtle

I also bought a second pair of 192s, though for a slightly different reason than keeping a pair in reserve - I am contemplating chopping 2-3cm off the tails on my current pair to see how they would ski with 118esque tails. So in other words make the 108 tails similar to the 118 tails wrt length in the rockered zone (the front part of the ski is already identical/very similar). I am 175cm/70kg, so no clyde.

My only concern (other than messing up when making the chop) is making the balance feel a bit off again - they feel really nice at +1.5 for my tiny feet, whilst the tips felt a bit long / unbalanced on the line.

I have all summer to think about this before making a snap decision whilst drunk this fall

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I also bought a second pair of 192s, though for a slightly different reason than keeping a pair in reserve - I am contemplating chopping 2-3cm off the tails on my current pair to see how they would ski with 118esque tails. So in other words make the 108 tails similar to the 118 tails wrt length in the rockered zone (the front part of the ski is already identical/very similar). I am 175cm/70kg, so no clyde.

My only concern (other than messing up when making the chop) is making the balance feel a bit off again - they feel really nice at +1.5 for my tiny feet, whilst the tips felt a bit long / unbalanced on the line.

I have all summer to think about this before making a snap decision whilst drunk this fall
    Athletes used to do it to the Super 7 after they discontinued the RC112 and it achieved a similar result. I would guess chopping the tails off shouldn't affect it too much - same effective edge, just a little less contact in soft snow, but probably easier to throw the tails around in tight spots. Could probably keep it at 1.5 too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

yeah, that is kinda what I am thinking. You can kinda feel the added length creating some slarvy float in soft snow though, so the feel will probably be changed a bit. I never go switch, so that is not a concern, and the 192s are plenty chargy enough for my needs. They are freaking great.

I guess the sensible thing would be to just ski them as is for a bit longer and see if I feel the need to change things, but where is the fun in that eh?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post

I have chopped the tails off skis before (too lazy to dig out the thread), and if you are looking for a different feel to the skis I'd suggest it's unlikely to change much in terms of ski feel. I chopped the tails to make kick turns easier. YMMV

But if you really want to try it, dig up my old thread and make sure you are in the tail spacer before you cut, and not the core... but once you are sure of that it's easy.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I took 6cm off the tails of my wailer 99’s with no discernible difference while skiing. The top sheets delaminated the first time I skied them but it made kick turns a little easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I have chopped the tails off skis before (too lazy to dig out the thread), and if you are looking for a different feel to the skis I'd suggest it's unlikely to change much in terms of ski feel. I chopped the tails to make kick turns easier. YMMV

But if you really want to try it, dig up my old thread and make sure you are in the tail spacer before you cut, and not the core... but once you are sure of that it's easy.
    yeah, I've already looked through that thread as research for a potential snip. Thanks still though, and for sharing your experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I took 6cm off the tails of my wailer 99’s with no discernible difference while skiing. The top sheets delaminated the first time I skied them but it made kick turns a little easier.
    yeah - to eb fair, it could be that chopping off 2-3cm is too little to make much of a difference in any scenario - even when skinning - and as such is not the best of ideas. Time will tell if I end up doing it or not Thanks for chiming in

Anybody want a 192 M-Free 108 mounted once for 296mm BSL for Pivots? Skied 7 times, storage waxed and holes plugged. One of my friends/customers didn't realize he wasn't WFT material anymore and is getting the shorter length.
    PM me and I'll get you his info. They are in Fernie.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Anybody want a 192 M-Free 108 mounted once for 296mm BSL for Pivots? Skied 7 times, storage waxed and holes plugged. One of my friends/customers didn't realize he wasn't WFT material anymore and is getting the shorter length.
    Pm'd

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Cinderella is my middle name.
    I’m guessing these are Giver’s?

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Cinderella is my middle name.
    I’m guessing these are Giver’s?
    yep
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca