Page 48 of 149 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 3712
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    These allowed me to sell my Faction Candide 5.0s...that’s a pretty big endorsement of how fun this ski is.

Attachment 357542

Attachment 357543
    I love that you are taking advantage of being on the north side of the border and using the right tool for all that Whistler dumpage! I am very jealous.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I love that you are taking advantage of being on the north side of the border and using the right tool for all that Whistler dumpage! I am very jealous.
    Conditions at Whistler have been really really good. I describe this year's snow as "Mt Baker conditions"....but at Whistler.

There is hour or so line-up in the am (but I just bring a thermos of coffee in my pack) to get through the bottleneck at the bottom but once we're up top, and the alpine lifts spin, the lines have been really good.

Here's a pic of my ten-year old last Saturday as I dropped her at 7:10 am for ski school at Blackcomb Base 2....she's like "WTF it's dark out!". Her Mom is already in line down in the village. haha

PS - banditman I see you now own some Protos! Nice work!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_CDD0DCEA-90D7-44F6-8C3C-0CC8BFC300EE.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	643.2 KB 
ID:	357553

Does anyone want some Big Dumps? I bought em off of TAFKALS a few years ago and they are collecting dust. Going up in GS soon, but thought I would give the Dstar fans a crack first.

Two mounts for pivots - his plugged, bsl unknown (Woody?) My 340 BSL with inserts.

How does $75 + shipping sound. Could arrange a p/u around hood

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    Does anyone want some Big Dumps? I bought em off of TAFKALS a few years ago and they are collecting dust. Going up in GS soon, but thought I would give the Dstar fans a crack first.

Two mounts for pivots - his plugged, bsl unknown (Woody?) My 340 BSL with inserts.

interested... i was just emailing a guy on cl north of pdx about his as new pair listed for 150 but he lives hr and a half from me and ive been lazy... i dont mind holes and run old pivots (geze toe) in a 326bsl...

i got some new protos to mount but would love to replace my beat xxls and the dumps sound similar from what ive heard, anyone have comparisons?

Just posted a pair of 178 Legend 94s in GS if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post

Mine was for a 306mm BSL.

I never skied XXLs, but these are big and pretty stiff. Pretty traditional shape, just all dimensions embiggened hudgely. 40ish m radius.

I'm out in the gorge.

Ringing mfree 108 endorsements from TAFKALVS and 2funky has me jonesing to get on a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    Ringing mfree 108 endorsements from TAFKALVS and 2funky has me jonesing to get on a pair.
    come north my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    I was debating btwn mfree 108 and Volkl Blaze 106 and choose the Volkl based on having a 186. These rec's have me reconsidering.....the skis haven't shipped yet........hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    come north my friend.
    Thankfully, it's in the cards at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by mcf258 View Post
    I was debating btwn mfree 108 and Volkl Blaze 106 and choose the Volkl based on having a 186. These rec's have me reconsidering.....the skis haven't shipped yet........hmmmmm
    192 with the rocker seems about perfect.

FWIW, I prefer the mid 180s length as well, but sized down to the 182 mfree. I'm 5'10" 160lbs and have skied them from knee deep dry pow to windfucked and heavy mank, plus icy cat track at the bottom of the hill. They have yet to feel undersized to me. They ski short for a progressive mount (no long tail feeling), but they have yet to feel underpowered. If you're my height and close to my weight, you can't go wrong with the 182. Anything over 175 lbs, I'd size up.

Eta. Detune those shovels and tails a touch with a gummy. Makes a huge difference in the ski's ability to engage a quick direction change.

so far everyone I know who has tried/bought a pair has been very happy. How tall/heavy are you? The 192 is a Dynastar 192, which is an ON3P/K2 189... so it's not a huge ski by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    so far everyone I know who has tried/bought a pair has been very happy. How tall/heavy are you? The 192 is a Dynastar 192, which is an ON3P/K2 189... so it's not a huge ski by any means.

5'10", 220lbs so it'd be the 192 for sure. I have some Nordica Patron's at 193 if it ever gets really deep. I ski most every day.

5'10", 220lbs so it'd be the 192 for sure. I have some Nordica Patron's at 193 if it ever gets really deep. I ski most every day.
    Yeah, you'd be happy on the 192, go for it dude

Yeah, you'd be happy on the 192, go for it dude

Thanks, think I'm going to change the order to the mfree.

Let's talk detune on the mfree108.

Recommended tools:
    Gummy Stone

Not recommended tools:
    Rock found in a creek.
    4" disc grinder.
    Mill file.
    Ski poles.
    Metal lift line fencing.

Directions:
    A very light tip to tail detune might be nice, just a few strokes on each side. A couple extra swipes with the gummy on the tail will help with release in heavy, weird snow.

Truth be told, I skied my pair last year 10 days, with no detune and didn't feel the need to detune until recently when skiing in a weird breakable crust with a dense wind skiff on top. A few passes with a gummy and they are now even better in weird snow, but still rip on groomers.

YMMV, but they ski nicely from the factory with no intervention from the end user.

The Dynastar Thread

Let's talk detune on the mfree108.

Recommended tools:
    Snow

Not recommended tools:
    Rock found in a creek.
    4" disc grinder.
    Mill file.
    Ski poles.
    Metal lift line fencing.

Directions:
    Mount bindings. Go skiing.

FIFY

At the risk of being called out for this opinion, I firmly believe taking a gummy to the tips and tails from the contact point out, is absolutely necessary for this ski. I also believe it makes the ski way more predictable with little to no effect on it's carving or line holding abilities. I've skied it both sharp and gummy detuned. My experience when the tips and tails were razors was much less favorable.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    At the risk of being called out for this opinion, I firmly believe taking a gummy to the tips and tails from the contact point out, is absolutely necessary for this ski. I also believe it makes the ski way more predictable with little to no effect on it's carving or line holding abilities. I've skied it both sharp and gummy detuned. My experience when the tips and tails were razors was much less favorable.
    I agree, a little tiny detune is perfect. But no need to make drastic moves.

Am i in the on3ps thread. It quickly went from comments that every astute skier should inspect their new rides with a monocle to apply a straight sand blast and diesel fired belt grinder from the bindings out before they leave the plastic

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Am i in the on3ps thread
    No, because the mfree doesn't suck like the woodsman.

BWAAAAAAAAA!

.Name:  whoa.jpeg
Views: 444
Size:  24.6 KB

Owning both, this is false