Page 22 of 149 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    If anybody likes to renew this feeling again...
    https://www.sports-aventure.fr/la-gl...legend-14.html

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Do they ship to the US?
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    how the hell do they still have any in stock? its like 8-10 years old?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I don’t know anything about this offer. Just stumbled upon it on the web page of the shop. The shop is legit. They have good prices for some stuff. You have to contact them directly regarding shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Attachment 269606

They look better in person, graphic is kinda growing on me.

Race room skis... made in France, came with some nicely structured bases, thick coat of obviously hot boxed wax, beautifully sharp edges and perfectly true base. FKNA so stoked to have a brand new pair of my favorite ski.

For those waiting/asking... soon my friends.
    It's summer in NZ, and I'm happily surfing my arse off, and not thinking much about skiing (yes, with some solid distractions, this is possible). This, however, makes my heart sing, and makes me long for NZ winter and Craigieburn and my Pro Riders.

Daaaaammmn.

Still same as the OG or are they tweaking it?

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Daaaaammmn.

Still same as the OG or are they tweaking it?
    It's pretty much the same ski, maybe a tad more tip rocker? but that might just be because my old pair probably has 150+ days and has lost camber/flex.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    I think the Blister Review is pretty solid, however I find the Proto to be a lot of work in tracked up heavy coastal type snow and bumped up crud. I think it's an awesome ski in Interior/lower water content snow. I think the huge amount of tip taper moves the sidecut back to too far in heavy coastal snow making it hard to trust the tip when blasting through crud, thus making you ski more upright, thus making you fight the stiff underfoot and tail flex and smoking your quads.

It really really likes speed and doesn't respond well to slow skiing.

That said I think the ski is awesome and have a lot of fun on them, especially in untracked lower density pow in an open bowl/pillow line, etc. If you have room to let them run a little and keep the tips pointed downhill they are really easy to ski. But at a place like Alpental where slow measured skiing is often required they can kind of beat you up.

do they ever have "adult-sized" reviewers?

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    do they ever have "adult-sized" reviewers?
    I like their dimensions since it's where I fall

I do think they have one or two reviewers who are 6'+ and 200lb+ as well.

I'm 200lbs and have no desire to ski a bigger than 189 Proto, at least here in the PNW. It's plenty of ski.

I’m close to 200lbs nekkid and echo LVS sentiments. Plenty of ski. Tips were impossible to sink in 35” of blower. Opened them up in chop and on groomers and they were plenty beefy.

Attachment 269606

They look better in person, graphic is kinda growing on me.

Race room skis... made in France, came with some nicely structured bases, thick coat of obviously hot boxed wax, beautifully sharp edges and perfectly true base. FKNA so stoked to have a brand new pair of my favorite ski.

For those waiting/asking... soon my friends.
    192 only? Or will there be a 187 for us smaller people?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    192 only? Or will there be a 187 for us smaller people?
    192, as explained to me, "It's the Pro Rider"

192, as explained to me, "It's the Pro Rider"
    Dang. I guess I need a "wannabe pro rider."

My 187 XXL's are perfect. But I spend way too much time in tight-ish trees to really want a 192.

Dang. I guess I need a "wannabe pro rider."

My 187 XXL's are perfect. But I spend way too much time in tight-ish trees to really want a 192.
    I don't think anyone would ever want to take the Pro Riders into trees, regardless of length. They're just not meant for small(ish) turns nor are they particularly good in fresh snow (they're adequate but there are a lot of other skis that are more fun).

I don't think anyone would ever want to take the Pro Riders into trees, regardless of length. They're just not meant for small(ish) turns nor are they particularly good in fresh snow (they're adequate but there are a lot of other skis that are more fun).
    I guess I'm doing it wrong, because I love my XXL's in tight trees when the snow isn't deep. Straight sidecut + decently stiff means they smear around super easy. I liked them better in tight spots than my fully rockered Cochises. And that's why they're so great - fun in tight trees, but equally awesome going fast in open spots.

I guess I'm doing it wrong, because I love my XXL's in tight trees when the snow isn't deep. Straight sidecut + decently stiff means they smear around super easy. I liked them better in tight spots than my fully rockered Cochises. And that's why they're so great - fun in tight trees, but equally awesome going fast in open spots.
    To each his own.

I've taken the Pro Riders through some tight areas and needless to say, it was a lot of work and something I'd prefer not to do on a consistent basis.

It's definitely possible to ski them in those places but if I had to choose between them or a ski like the Peacemaker/anything with some slight tail rocker, I'd take that 10x/10x.

XXL's one of my go to for many years. Got on the OG 194's then tried 187s when they came out. Seemed too short and sold the 187 and got a backup 194.
    Then the 194 felt a bit much and went back to 187 and settled there. Seems like the 192 Pro Rider may be a sweet spot for me on length.

Lies. All lies.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Lies. All lies.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong then

The Dynastar Thread

Skied the x106 at BBI Alpental this last weekend. Really put them through the gamut. Skied mine 1.5 days. Knee deep cascade pow, wind packed pow, groomers, chopped pow, ice.
    Man did they deliver and surprise me in a very good way.
    I mounted them on the line and heavily detuned the tails from where the taper starts all the way back with a file and smoothed them with a gummy. I then took a file to the tips. Started at the taper locations with the file then went 2” into the side cut with the gummy.
    Never had to adjust the tune/de tune from there. Perfect.
    Zero hook from the ski and it let me make any turn shape I wanted. They never forced me into that 19m radius. I was able to lay down 30+ meter carves easily or shorten them up. Groomer performance is amazing and super fun, hip dragging fun.
    Pow: man these things performed way better than expected. Couldn’t sink the tips. Tails release with ease. Not super surfy but better than expected for 106. Don’t do anything ya don’t tell them to.
    Chopped pow: I’m a huge fan of bullet shaped tips, hence my love affair with the Lhasa. These look like a slimmer Lhasa and ski very much the same. They just slice through the chop clearing a path for the rest of the ski. In the heavier snow, heavier than I’m accustomed to, the tip seemed a little soft. I could feel some slight deflection and speed. Nothing crazy but noticeable. That softer tip flex helps the pow performance though.
    Bumps and air: man are they easy and fun in the bumps. Nice flex pattern and light in the air. Fun the zipper line then air a few then zipper line again. They are light in the air and very balanced. Stomp landings well. Nothing huge, only an 8’er sent.
    This ski could easily be a quiver of one type ski. Matter of fact, mine are getting a sth cast setup and it’s looking the only ski I’m taking to Europe. It’s just a really easy ski to ski yet so far can haul ass. Granted I haven’t been able to really open them up in bigger terrain, just on groomers albeit pretty beat up groomers that they handled the firm pushed up piles with aplomb.
    This ski has a shit load of potential and is the ski I wanted Splat to make the 187 FAT into.
    If Dynastar took this ski and put a mid 20’s radius on it with some metal to stiffen it up, sumbeech they would have one badass ski. Maybe even make it in a 192, drool.
    I mounted mine on the line with sth16’s and really like the ski there.
    If you have overlooked this ski, you really need to get on it.

extra chocolate for using the word "aplomb"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
    XXL's one of my go to for many years. Got on the OG 194's then tried 187s when they came out. Seemed too short and sold the 187 and got a backup 194.
    Then the 194 felt a bit much and went back to 187 and settled there. Seems like the 192 Pro Rider may be a sweet spot for me on length.
    When I skied the 191cm Movement Goliath, I thought it would be perfect for someone who wished the 194 XXL was a few cm shorter. Used Goliaths sell for about $100...consider giving them a try.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    When I skied the 191cm Movement Goliath, I thought it would be perfect for someone who wished the 194 XXL was a few cm shorter. Used Goliaths sell for about $100...consider giving them a try.

My 191 Goliaths are the only reason I'm not aggressively seeking the new 192 Legends. Such a good ski.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point