Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 2781
  1. #2751
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,241
    Yup.

    Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

  2. #2752
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    826
    MFree 108 still the only ski I grab. Spent 5 days strait on summer conditions. Left my others sitting in the truck.

    Plenty of pose on firm mornings, great in the later day corn, and still good in the afternoon slush.

    You all have me intrigued by the Pro, love the top sheet, but I donít know if they would keep me from still grabbing the Free.
    "Let's be careful out there."

  3. #2753
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    You all have me intrigued by the Pro, love the top sheet, but I donít know if they would keep me from still grabbing the Free.
    This is the internal debate all of us MFree lovers are facing right now.

  4. #2754
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    SEA>DEN>Spokanistan
    Posts
    2,381
    Mfree prolly is the best/most versatile ski of the decade. Sure you can improve on certain aspects, but you will sacrifice other areas where the ski excels.

    Iím picking up a second pair as backup before D⭐️ does something stupid and changes them.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #2755
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    4,377

    The Dynastar Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Mfree prolly is the best/most versatile ski of the decade. Sure you can improve on certain aspects, but you will sacrifice other areas where the ski excels.

    Iím picking up a second pair as backup before D⭐️ does something stupid and changes them.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That ďbest ski everĒ stuff makes me laugh. Not sure how universal that sentiment is, but the MFree is quite good and definitely in the top three for my quiver rotation.

    I will agree on your other point. My ďbackupĒ pair of 192ís arrived last week.
    Last edited by Bandit Man; 07-02-2022 at 10:23 AM.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  6. #2756
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    8,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    That ďbest ski everĒ stuff makes me laugh. Not sure how universal that sentiment is, but the MFree is quite good and definitely in the top three for my quiver rotation.

    I will agree on your other point. My ďbackupĒ pair of 192ís arrived last week.
    You really should come east and ski with us beaters out here at Jackass this winter! You missed one hella good time at the *meat up last winter.

  7. #2757
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    SEA>DEN>Spokanistan
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    You really should come east and ski with us beaters out here at Jackass this winter! You missed one hella good time at the *meat up last winter.
    D00d agreed; that was a great time!! Looking forward to next year already!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2576.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	868.8 KB 
ID:	420529



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  8. #2758
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    4,377
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    You really should come east and ski with us beaters out here at Jackass this winter! You missed one hella good time at the *meat up last winter.
    I planned on it but life got in the way this year. We had to put our 12-yo Black Lab down the day before the Inland PNW Gathering, so didnít feel like making the trip.

    Did look likes lots of fun. Maybe next season?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  9. #2759
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I planned on it but life got in the way this year. We had to put our 12-yo Black Lab down the day before the Inland PNW Gathering, so didnít feel like making the trip.

    Did look likes lots of fun. Maybe next season?
    Bandit apparently we have the same taste in dogs just like we do in skis. My condolences.
    _________________________________________________
    I love big dumps.

  10. #2760
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    4,377
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Bandit apparently we have the same taste in dogs just like we do in skis. My condolences.
    Thanks, KC. He was a good pup.

    I think I need you to show me around Blackcomb this season. Whether on some Dynastars or not, this finally needs to happen.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  11. #2761
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Thanks, KC. He was a good pup.

    I think I need you to show me around Blackcomb this season. Whether on some Dynastars or not, this finally needs to happen.
    Sounds good. Long overdue. Got some good spots to show you. Prolly need your Dynastars and not your Katanas. Weíre there pretty much every weekend of the season except Feb 17 - Feb 26 when weíre on the Powder Highway.
    _________________________________________________
    I love big dumps.

  12. #2762
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    8,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I planned on it but life got in the way this year. We had to put our 12-yo Black Lab down the day before the Inland PNW Gathering, so didnít feel like making the trip.

    Did look likes lots of fun. Maybe next season?
    Yeah, I remember that man, condolences again.
    This was the brain child of TAFKALVS but if he doesnít hatch another pretty sure myself or SkiLyft will.

  13. #2763
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,881
    I'm in for another round. Got some 192mf108 from Tim @ theskishop im MT.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220621_204442.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	420697

  14. #2764
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,558
    Yeah, I'm hoping to make it for the INW shindig this next year. Will have MFrees, but I need to get a vest to fit in with the cool kids.

  15. #2765
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    8,914
    Atta boi Norse!
    Make it happen phatty! Vests are not mandatory but we do look down a little at those who do notÖ

  16. #2766
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    SEA>DEN>Spokanistan
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220621_204442.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	420697
    Subtle bird is subtle


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  17. #2767
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,646
    I also bought a second pair of 192s, though for a slightly different reason than keeping a pair in reserve - I am contemplating chopping 2-3cm off the tails on my current pair to see how they would ski with 118esque tails. So in other words make the 108 tails similar to the 118 tails wrt length in the rockered zone (the front part of the ski is already identical/very similar). I am 175cm/70kg, so no clyde.

    My only concern (other than messing up when making the chop) is making the balance feel a bit off again - they feel really nice at +1.5 for my tiny feet, whilst the tips felt a bit long / unbalanced on the line.

    I have all summer to think about this before making a snap decision whilst drunk this fall

  18. #2768
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I also bought a second pair of 192s, though for a slightly different reason than keeping a pair in reserve - I am contemplating chopping 2-3cm off the tails on my current pair to see how they would ski with 118esque tails. So in other words make the 108 tails similar to the 118 tails wrt length in the rockered zone (the front part of the ski is already identical/very similar). I am 175cm/70kg, so no clyde.

    My only concern (other than messing up when making the chop) is making the balance feel a bit off again - they feel really nice at +1.5 for my tiny feet, whilst the tips felt a bit long / unbalanced on the line.

    I have all summer to think about this before making a snap decision whilst drunk this fall
    Athletes used to do it to the Super 7 after they discontinued the RC112 and it achieved a similar result. I would guess chopping the tails off shouldn't affect it too much - same effective edge, just a little less contact in soft snow, but probably easier to throw the tails around in tight spots. Could probably keep it at 1.5 too.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  19. #2769
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,646
    yeah, that is kinda what I am thinking. You can kinda feel the added length creating some slarvy float in soft snow though, so the feel will probably be changed a bit. I never go switch, so that is not a concern, and the 192s are plenty chargy enough for my needs. They are freaking great.

    I guess the sensible thing would be to just ski them as is for a bit longer and see if I feel the need to change things, but where is the fun in that eh?

  20. #2770
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,903
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I also bought a second pair of 192s, though for a slightly different reason than keeping a pair in reserve - I am contemplating chopping 2-3cm off the tails on my current pair to see how they would ski with 118esque tails. So in other words make the 108 tails similar to the 118 tails wrt length in the rockered zone (the front part of the ski is already identical/very similar). I am 175cm/70kg, so no clyde.

    My only concern (other than messing up when making the chop) is making the balance feel a bit off again - they feel really nice at +1.5 for my tiny feet, whilst the tips felt a bit long / unbalanced on the line.

    I have all summer to think about this before making a snap decision whilst drunk this fall
    I have chopped the tails off skis before (too lazy to dig out the thread), and if you are looking for a different feel to the skis I'd suggest it's unlikely to change much in terms of ski feel. I chopped the tails to make kick turns easier. YMMV

    But if you really want to try it, dig up my old thread and make sure you are in the tail spacer before you cut, and not the core... but once you are sure of that it's easy.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  21. #2771
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    3,890
    I took 6cm off the tails of my wailer 99ís with no discernible difference while skiing. The top sheets delaminated the first time I skied them but it made kick turns a little easier.

  22. #2772
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I have chopped the tails off skis before (too lazy to dig out the thread), and if you are looking for a different feel to the skis I'd suggest it's unlikely to change much in terms of ski feel. I chopped the tails to make kick turns easier. YMMV

    But if you really want to try it, dig up my old thread and make sure you are in the tail spacer before you cut, and not the core... but once you are sure of that it's easy.
    yeah, I've already looked through that thread as research for a potential snip. Thanks still though, and for sharing your experiences.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I took 6cm off the tails of my wailer 99’s with no discernible difference while skiing. The top sheets delaminated the first time I skied them but it made kick turns a little easier.
    yeah - to eb fair, it could be that chopping off 2-3cm is too little to make much of a difference in any scenario - even when skinning - and as such is not the best of ideas. Time will tell if I end up doing it or not Thanks for chiming in

  23. #2773
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,458
    Anybody want a 192 M-Free 108 mounted once for 296mm BSL for Pivots? Skied 7 times, storage waxed and holes plugged. One of my friends/customers didn't realize he wasn't WFT material anymore and is getting the shorter length.
    PM me and I'll get you his info. They are in Fernie.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

    rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

    www.theguideshut.ca

  24. #2774
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Anybody want a 192 M-Free 108 mounted once for 296mm BSL for Pivots? Skied 7 times, storage waxed and holes plugged. One of my friends/customers didn't realize he wasn't WFT material anymore and is getting the shorter length.
    PM me and I'll get you his info. They are in Fernie.
    Pm'd

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

  25. #2775
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Fernie and/or Smithers
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Anybody want a 192 M-Free 108 mounted once for 296mm BSL for Pivots? Skied 7 times, storage waxed and holes plugged. One of my friends/customers didn't realize he wasn't WFT material anymore and is getting the shorter length.
    PM me and I'll get you his info. They are in Fernie.
    Cinderella is my middle name.
    Iím guessing these are Giverís?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •