Page 23 of 149 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    192 only? Or will there be a 187 for us smaller people?
    Toast, I'm an old kook, no Atlas, and I don't ski much (55yo, 180lbs, 30days or so a year). Never had a problem with my Pro Riders feeling too long.

Granted, they've never been in tight trees, or any trees. Our terrain is a glorious mix of big open bowls/faces and steep couloirs, and my fastest skiing ever was my first day on the PRs last season. Let em run, let em run! Even through narrow couloirs, where you had to feather them a bit at speed, they never felt planky or cumbersome.

They are probably a crutch for a skier like me, in that I can ski far beyond my abilities, and much faster than I should.

Edit: Went off on a tangent, getting too excited by the though of skiing them again. What I mean was that they're not hard to ski - hence the reference to my unimpressive stats - so don't let that put you off. Wouldn't get them mainly for tight trees, though.
    Last edited by Island Bay; 02-20-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    When I skied the 191cm Movement Goliath, I thought it would be perfect for someone who wished the 194 XXL was a few cm shorter. Used Goliaths sell for about $100...consider giving them a try.

Thanks for the rec, may need to look for a pair and give these a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Toast, I'm an old kook, no Atlas, and I don't ski much (55yo, 180lbs, 30days or so a year). Never had a problem with my Pro Riders feeling too long.

Granted, they've never been in tight trees, or any trees. Our terrain is a glorious mix of big open bowls/faces and steep couloirs, and my fastest skiing ever was my first day on the PRs last season. Let em run, let em run! Even through narrow couloirs, where you had to feather them a bit at speed, they never felt planky or cumbersome.

They are probably a crutch for a skier like me, in that I can ski far beyond my abilities, and much faster than I should.
    I'm with you - those skis are a total crutch for me. Awesome skis that can mask my mediocre abilities.

If my local hill had more open terrain, I'd be all over the 192's. Unfortunately a lot of the terrain I ski is a bit tighter. But just enough opportunity to open it up that I still love getting on a straight, damp ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
    Thanks for the rec, may need to look for a pair and give these a try.
    There’s an undrilled pair for sale here for $250
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Skied the x106 at BBI Alpental this last weekend. Really put them through the gamut. Skied mine 1.5 days. Knee deep cascade pow, wind packed pow, groomers, chopped pow, ice.
    Man did they deliver and surprise me in a very good way.
    I mounted them on the line and heavily detuned the tails from where the taper starts all the way back with a file and smoothed them with a gummy. I then took a file to the tips. Started at the taper locations with the file then went 2” into the side cut with the gummy.
    Never had to adjust the tune/de tune from there. Perfect.
    Zero hook from the ski and it let me make any turn shape I wanted. They never forced me into that 19m radius. I was able to lay down 30+ meter carves easily or shorten them up. Groomer performance is amazing and super fun, hip dragging fun.
    Pow: man these things performed way better than expected. Couldn’t sink the tips. Tails release with ease. Not super surfy but better than expected for 106. Don’t do anything ya don’t tell them to.
    Chopped pow: I’m a huge fan of bullet shaped tips, hence my love affair with the Lhasa. These look like a slimmer Lhasa and ski very much the same. They just slice through the chop clearing a path for the rest of the ski. In the heavier snow, heavier than I’m accustomed to, the tip seemed a little soft. I could feel some slight deflection and speed. Nothing crazy but noticeable. That softer tip flex helps the pow performance though.
    Bumps and air: man are they easy and fun in the bumps. Nice flex pattern and light in the air. Fun the zipper line then air a few then zipper line again. They are light in the air and very balanced. Stomp landings well. Nothing huge, only an 8’er sent.
    This ski could easily be a quiver of one type ski. Matter of fact, mine are getting a sth cast setup and it’s looking the only ski I’m taking to Europe. It’s just a really easy ski to ski yet so far can haul ass. Granted I haven’t been able to really open them up in bigger terrain, just on groomers albeit pretty beat up groomers that they handled the firm pushed up piles with aplomb.
    This ski has a shit load of potential and is the ski I wanted Splat to make the 187 FAT into.
    If Dynastar took this ski and put a mid 20’s radius on it with some metal to stiffen it up, sumbeech they would have one badass ski. Maybe even make it in a 192, drool.
    I mounted mine on the line with sth16’s and really like the ski there.
    If you have overlooked this ski, you really need to get on it.
    Nice 2FUNK, if I was better at writing reviews this is pretty much what I would say about my 182's. Hadn't really noticed the Lhasa tip similarity since it's been awhile since I had a pair but you're totally right on the bullet nose.

Love these skis, they haul the mail

How/when can we buy those 192 Pro Riders?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    My 191 Goliaths are the only reason I'm not aggressively seeking the new 192 Legends. Such a good ski.
    How do they compare to Big Dumps?

Quote Originally Posted by freerideskiing View Post
    How do they compare to Big Dumps?
    No idea. Never skied the Big Dumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Alright guys....working on a special for the 19-20 Legend Pro Rider F-Team 192cm. Please PM me for details. Will ship in the fall and all orders will go through a shop. Orders must be placed by March 10th for deal. US shipping only. Please send me your email when you message me.

It's baaaaack...
    Last edited by bluesbrother49; 02-22-2019 at 04:01 PM.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    Alright guys....working on a special for the 19-20 Legend Pro Rider F-Team 192cm. Please PM me for details. Will ship in the fall and all orders will go through a shop. Orders must be placed by March 10th for deal. US shipping only. Please send me your email when you message me.

It's baaaaack...
    If we already contacted Leavenworthskier do we still need to contact you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    If we already contacted Leavenworthskier do we still need to contact you?
    This...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey Guys-

I talked with Leavenworth and I am going to handle this. Just send me a PM with your email address and I will get you dialed. Need to have orders in by March 10th for these bad boys...thanks.

Bluesbrother is many steps closer to the mothership than I, fwiw.

Oof I sure wish I didn’t have to pay by the 10th. That knocks me out of the running.

PM’ed

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

My brain thinks of the Dynastar brand as charger skis---nothing purely playful.

Random Dynastar Question:
    In all the years of Dynastar, which Dynastar ski model is closest to an "all-in" attempt at a pure funshape, that is all play, no serious business (for other brands, this usually means a floppy fat ski with exaggerated rocker tail, tapered tip/tail, etc.)? Did Dynastar ever make something close to that?

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

In all the years of Dynastar, which Dynastar ski model is closest to an "all-in" attempt at a pure funshape, that is all play, no serious business (for other brands, this usually means a floppy fat ski with exaggerated rocker tail, tapered tip/tail, etc.)? Did Dynastar ever make something close to that?

Yes. The Soul 7.....just branded under Rossignol...

Old candide. Circa 2001. Not fat but fun

Or second generation 6th sense huge trouble with early rise and tail rise. Not floppy though
    Last edited by crashidy; 02-26-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Yes. The Soul 7.....just branded under Rossignol...
    Ha! ...and true.

19/20 Menace Proto

But it’s still no joke. Easier going ski than the Factory Proto which in my opinion skis way burly.

Dynastar + Playful = just size down

what is the difference between the factory proto and the menace proto ? in the dynastar 2020 catalog it seems like the same dims, outline , just different topsheet ?

Would the slicer fit that description? Playful all mountain twin?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Hey guys- thanks for all the interest on the F-TEAM Pro rider. I spoke with the shop and we are going to just ask for a deposit by March 10th and the rest will be charged in the fall when the skis ship. Please PM me for details, hopefully this makes it a little easier to get your hands on these bad boys. I just got a pair for my demo fleet, and they are full race room, French wax, and laid up like our FIS race skis. Absolutely the real deal. Hit me up if anyone is in Tahoe and want's to take them (or should I say-they will take you) on a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by slashy View Post
    what is the difference between the factory proto and the menace proto ? in the dynastar 2020 catalog it seems like the same dims, outline , just different topsheet ?
    I'll defer to bluesbro, but the Factory Proto is from the France Race Room. The Menace Proto is made in Spain with the normal Legend line up.. The Menace Proto feels a lot easier going, lighter, poppier, etc. The Race Room Protos side by side flex stiffer, have burlier sidewalls, etc etc. They seem beefier when skiing.

Of course it could be all in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    Hey guys- thanks for all the interest on the F-TEAM Pro rider. I spoke with the shop and we are going to just ask for a deposit by March 10th and the rest will be charged in the fall when the skis ship. Please PM me for details, hopefully this makes it a little easier to get your hands on these bad boys. I just got a pair for my demo fleet, and they are full race room, French wax, and laid up like our FIS race skis. Absolutely the real deal. Hit me up if anyone is in Tahoe and want's to take them (or should I say-they will take you) on a spin.
    Yeah they are the real deal. They ski different than earlier versions, feel stiffer and damper. I skied the 15/16? (Orange/Black topsheet) side by side and the new ones feel like a more serious ski. They also are much stiffer than my White/Orange 11/12 pair, although that might also be because my White/orange pair are worn out.

They also have a lot more tip rocker when the camber is flattened compared to earlier versions I own.

Bluesbro, do you know the base tune the Race Room skis? Seems like a really aggressive edge bevel?