Page 36 of 149 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Some less blasphemous, but a pretty nice price.

184 Dynastar Legend Pros with Dynastar Bindings http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/58951854

LVS, is the not a proto description a good or bad thing
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by fat yeti View Post
    Blasphemy
    Skis For Projects https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/58936538

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What a dickhead.

2funky, if you want the business version of the X106, its the LP 105/M Pro 105. It's heavier and not as turny (and thus more stable and tracks better), but still an incredibly flickable ski for its size and construction, at least compared to other 190+/105-110mm bruisers. I may be blaspheming by being the only one who doesn't feel that it has absurdly tenacious edge grip, as I find the gen 2 cochise does that better, but it may well be one of the best skis Dynastar has ever made.

He's well aware of that ski, as all those that surround him ski it. But for our terrain in North Idaho (flat tight trees with sections of uphill) it's not always the best tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    What a dickhead.

2funky, if you want the business version of the X106, its the LP 105/M Pro 105. It's heavier and not as turny (and thus more stable and tracks better), but still an incredibly flickable ski for its size and construction, at least compared to other 190+/105-110mm bruisers. I may be blaspheming by being the only one who doesn't feel that it has absurdly tenacious edge grip, as I find the gen 2 cochise does that better, but it may well be one of the best skis Dynastar has ever made.
    I have owned the LP105 and skied it for a lot of years, sold my last set to LVS. It’s a really good ski but I really dig the shape of the x106 over it. The X shape makes it a much better pow ski, which is funny since I have enough of those, as well as the shape makes it more playful and doesn’t require as much room to roam and makes it much quicker in tight quarters, suits my area better. I’m also a huge fan of the bullet nose. Makes skiing breakable crust and funky snow much easier.
    The Mfree 108 sounds like the x106 beefed up. Still wished they would have stayed at 106 or even better, 105 underfoot. 108 is meh for me. Mainly due to widening the whole ski and trying to make it a one ski quiver, I want a slot in my quiver, ski.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Some less blasphemous, but a pretty nice price.

184 Dynastar Legend Pros with Dynastar Bindings http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/58951854
    333 skis could fix those.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    First impressions of the m-free 108.

Conditions:
    8" new yesterday, chopped up and skied out. Wind buff. Pockets of unskied powder. White ice & hardpack in spots from last week's rain storm at 50 degrees that then cooled to 25 degrees.

The ski is:
    Fun.
    Not a pro-rider.
    Not a proto.
    What I've wanted for a long while.

192 length was spot on. Mount point very similar to billygoat feel but maybe a tad more effective edge.

Maybe in bumps I wanted a tad less tail but for the most part happy with the mount point. Curious about maybe -1.5? Mine have pivots so no adjustment for me.

I felt the feel takes the best parts of the x106, Cham 2.0 but eliminates the goofy flat tapered tail.

Much damper and more solid feeling than x106 or Cham 2.0. Does not get knocked around.

Definitely not a pro-rider. But for most resort skiing thats fine. Doesn't have the brutal edge grip of a pro-rider. It makes up for it in quickness and very large sweet spot.

Tail can be loaded for launch like the goat.

Can push the tips or ski more neutral like a goat. Very fun in offpiste mixed snow. You can really push them with an active poppy style. Found myself trying to pop off everything I could.

The influence of sander hadley, Richard Permin, Conner Pelton etc are apparent in these skis. A ski you can charge on but also fool around and jump off stuff.

Flex is round with a big sweet spot. I'd say medium flex overall with stiff flex underfoot. I never felt like I wanted them to be stiffer.

Fun on groomers. The forward mount definitely lends itself towards a more neutral stance but you can definitely lay them over and they'll carve.

I would recommend these skis to goat enthusiasts as a "b" ski, fans of the x106/Cham who want something less hooky and a tail less punishing.
    Color me interested. Sounds like a fun ski.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I have owned the LP105 and skied it for a lot of years, sold my last set to LVS. It’s a really good ski but I really dig the shape of the x106 over it. The X shape makes it a much better pow ski, which is funny since I have enough of those, as well as the shape makes it more playful and doesn’t require as much room to roam and makes it much quicker in tight quarters, suits my area better. I’m also a huge fan of the bullet nose. Makes skiing breakable crust and funky snow much easier.
    The Mfree 108 sounds like the x106 beefed up. Still wished they would have stayed at 106 or even better, 105 underfoot. 108 is meh for me. Mainly due to widening the whole ski and trying to make it a one ski quiver, I want a slot in my quiver, ski.
    Yeah, not what I would grab for tight trees and pow either. I should say that for what I liked to use it for, being inbounds day after crud smashing, one of the best skis dynastar has made. I hear you on the 106 though; I really wanted to like that ski and kept thinking the short radius didn’t need to be such a turnoff, but ultimately what killed it for me was it just didn’t track like I wanted in variable snow. Great for what it is, but not what I was looking for. Also thought it a vast improvement over the first gen Cham 107. I hated the tail on that ski, it just disappeared when you put it on edge. I ended up skiing those at +1 and found it a massive improvement, which felt backwards for a ski that size.

Anyone going to get some time on the Dynastar M-Tour before next season?

Seems like it'll be interesting.
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Anyone going to get some time on the Dynastar M-Tour before next season?

Seems like it'll be interesting.
    It sounds like the main focus is the m-free & m-pro. Doesn't seem there's anything available for the m-tour until fall. I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Dude, it's 2mm. That's negligible. Especially since any ski measurement is +/- 1mm in the real world.

On my opinion it doesn't ski any wider than the x106 on hardpack

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    On my opinion it doesn't ski any wider than the x106 on hardpack
    Good deal. Can’t wait to A/B next year. Whats the TR on the 192? 18m on the 182.

20m

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    $533 USD? Not bad at all. FKS new are what close to $400? An extra $133 gets you a pair of skis that you may or may not want.
    Even better deal I'm gonna have to try them for this price.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/20285846264...m=202858462643

It's buy it now for anyone getting their panties in a twist for sharing Ebay.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Anyone have any Dynastr Cham 107s they’re willing to part with ?

Fav pair of skis ive ever owner and broke mine last season

I have a single somewhere in 183 that you can have for shipping if it matches to a non-broken ski you might have.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Even better deal I'm gonna have to try them for this price.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/20285846264...m=202858462643

It's buy it now for anyone getting their panties in a twist for sharing Ebay.

+Shipping:$100.00 Standard Shipping
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Selling my 180 Menace Protos. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...O-F-TEAM-180cm

Great ski just not what I was after. I was hoping it would be a little chargier based on the first Gen reviews. It's got to be one the most accessible skis this big I have been on and I will have days I will regret not having it but I need to clear some funds.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Super surprised at how well my 192 LP105s ski pow.....

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Super surprised at how well my 192 LP105s ski pow.....

I’m super surprised how the shitty tune on the new ones fucking destroyed my knee.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

"Super surprised at how well my 192 LP105s ski pow....."

I was pleasantly surprised, too. Haven't had them in anything more than boot-deep, but they were excellent in that.
    Last edited by Island Bay; 02-19-2020 at 06:42 PM.

First impressions of the m-free 108.

Conditions:
    8" new yesterday, chopped up and skied out. Wind buff. Pockets of unskied powder. White ice & hardpack in spots from last week's rain storm at 50 degrees that then cooled to 25 degrees.

The ski is:
    Fun.
    Not a pro-rider.
    Not a proto.
    What I've wanted for a long while.

192 length was spot on. Mount point very similar to billygoat feel but maybe a tad more effective edge.

Maybe in bumps I wanted a tad less tail but for the most part happy with the mount point. Curious about maybe -1.5? Mine have pivots so no adjustment for me.

I felt the feel takes the best parts of the x106, Cham 2.0 but eliminates the goofy flat tapered tail.

Much damper and more solid feeling than x106 or Cham 2.0. Does not get knocked around.

Definitely not a pro-rider. But for most resort skiing thats fine. Doesn't have the brutal edge grip of a pro-rider. It makes up for it in quickness and very large sweet spot.

Tail can be loaded for launch like the goat.

Can push the tips or ski more neutral like a goat. Very fun in offpiste mixed snow. You can really push them with an active poppy style. Found myself trying to pop off everything I could.

The influence of sander hadley, Richard Permin, Conner Pelton etc are apparent in these skis. A ski you can charge on but also fool around and jump off stuff.

Flex is round with a big sweet spot. I'd say medium flex overall with stiff flex underfoot. I never felt like I wanted them to be stiffer.

Fun on groomers. The forward mount definitely lends itself towards a more neutral stance but you can definitely lay them over and they'll carve.

I would recommend these skis to goat enthusiasts as a "b" ski, fans of the x106/Cham who want something less hooky and a tail less punishing.
    What's the mount point?

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    What's the mount point?
    Blister has the 182 M108 at -8.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    +Shipping:$100.00 Standard Shipping
    Funny, they didn't charge me shipping, but Ebay did charge $40 tax which seems BS for something coming from Canukistan..
    He who has the most fun wins!

Was perusing Cali's most extensive ski wall and enjoying a chat with what has to be the state's cutest shop rat when she accused me of looking for a 'quiver killer.'

My last build was a total debacle, so what to do? Rinse and repeat.

I still sit on a pair of the last generation of LPR's with full camber although they usually lose out to the shorter turn radius Enforcer. Just scored the X106 and hoping a bit heavier clamp and boot will make it stable in crud. If not I guess I can always have an extra pair of loaner bc skis.