Page 35 of 149 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Legend X-106 (182) quick review after 4 days, mounted on the line - thanks for the recommendation. CHAM HM 107 in a 184 had been my boards for ~ 4 years, prior to that 184 Gen 1 Cochise .

Purchased as backcountry specific ski mounted with salomon MTN and atomic ultra hawx, heading to the Alps for my first time in the spring so went for the 182.

Day one was a test day at squaw to get comfortable trusting them, full KT day, chalk to firm, very edgable with a factory tune :-). I was very happy that I could hammer 75 & west face on the full kit and completely trust it (the kit will not see squaw again). Easy to throw sideways when i wanted then digin and hook up. The tails felt short but I'm guessing that's just the 182 speaking. I intended to do a couple runs and switch to the daily drivers but they were feeling good and I wanted to get the boots broken in as much as possible so skied the kit bell to bell.

On to the POW, got out for a few days of hiking that were really good, the first few turns in pow they felt small, light and underwhelming but with more and more laps they started to feel much better. Generally mellow pow skiing, will see how they feel in icier, tight, steep conditions.

Again guessing it's the short size coupled with a lighter boot than I'm used to but I need to ski these with a forward stance, getting in the backseat they feel like they might loop out more than kick me in ass - which is new/strange.

So far - so good on the MTN binding/atomic boot as well, i was concerned about the overall ramp angle not being steep enough but not worries.
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

The Dynastar Thread

Since I know some on this thread hoard LPs, I have a pair that someone may want to add to their collection. They’re on their second mount, but as you know the metal helps allow Swiss cheese. I’m in Seattle and would like for local pickup and I’m keeping the bindings. The bases have no core shots, general wear and tear but skied only a few times in the passed four years I’ve owned. Let me know if interested. 184 length of course Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8919.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	197.2 KB 
ID:	312018Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8922.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	312020Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8925.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	195.0 KB 
ID:	312021

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anybody figured out the weird hookiness on the new run of LPs? I finally got out on mine yesterday and first run caught a weird hook and fucking rallied my knee. I know LWS had mentioned it. Wondering if anyone else noticed.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

186 LPs with some beauty Z9s.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1165.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	313689
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    192?

Love mine; total crushers and speed demons. looking forward to trying the 184s.
    I've got both the 192s (Factory version) and the 184s...the 184s always shock me at how stable they are running flat or laid out in a high angle GS turn. Took out the 192s the following weekend...same feel but holy shit they deceptive when it comes to speed. You feel like you our doing 40 and then you realize its more like 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Anybody figured out the weird hookiness on the new run of LPs? I finally got out on mine yesterday and first run caught a weird hook and fucking rallied my knee. I know LWS had mentioned it. Wondering if anyone else noticed.
    I haven't noticed is it an edge tune issue?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Spam— Selling my OG Protos in GS

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=333235

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado_Freeskier View Post
    I've got both the 192s (Factory version) and the 184s...the 184s always shock me at how stable they are running flat or laid out in a high angle GS turn. Took out the 192s the following weekend...same feel but holy shit they deceptive when it comes to speed. You feel like you our doing 40 and then you realize its more like 60.
    Hmm, me want a pair of the 184's.
    He who has the most fun wins!

is this exciting to the Dstar fan boys?

https://www.corbetts.com/2019-dynast...-factory-skis/

price with bindings, and in CND funds. new

$533 USD? Not bad at all. FKS new are what close to $400? An extra $133 gets you a pair of skis that you may or may not want.
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Just got a pair of 192 Mfree 108, I'll be skiing them this weekend. Very excited about them so far, seem chargey & damp. Graphics look clean. Will have them at AAI in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Just got a pair of 192 Mfree 108, I'll be skiing them this weekend. Very excited about them so far, seem chargey & damp. Graphics look clean. Will have them at AAI in a week or so.
    Got to fondle a pair today, I’m going to need to get my hands on a pair

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Just got a pair of 192 Mfree 108, I'll be skiing them this weekend.
    Nice! It's the new new I'm most excited about. I'm curious if it will ski more to the Wrenegade (similar but looser?) end of the spectrum or more like an Enforcer.

I dunno. Blister said almost 2200 grams per ski in a 182, the 192 feels heavy, almost on par with the 192 pro rider. And maybe a hair stiffer overall.

Shape kinda reminds me of a mix of proriders and the Kartel, but with more tip and tail taper.

Probably in same class as the woodsman 108 ti.

Some interesting parallels to mount point, rocker splay/length, running length etc between the 192 m-free 108 & the 191 billygoat. Goat tail is more pintail but contact points tip & tail and overall shape is similar. More sidecut underfoot on the 108.

Weight feels similar, goats have p18 & 108 have p15.

Can confirm 108 has metal, drilled tonight and found metal shavings. Core feels like a lighter wood, not as burly as the wood in the legend 105. Hand flex is fairly stiff and feels snappy and damp, similar to other burlier Dynastar.

Jumping on the them tomorrow so will report backClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200208_202601358.jpeg 
Views:	118 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	314685

Some interesting parallels to mount point, rocker splay/length, running length etc between the 192 m-free 108 & the 191 billygoat. Goat tail is more pintail but contact points tip & tail and overall shape is similar. More sidecut underfoot on the 108.

Jumping on the them tomorrow so will report back[
    Very interested to hear more about these once you get out on them. Currently looking to fill the DD slot in the quiver and these are high on the list.

Anyone have any Dynastr Cham 107s they’re willing to part with ?

Fav pair of skis ive ever owner and broke mine last season

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Anyone have any Dynastr Cham 107s they’re willing to part with ?

Fav pair of skis ive ever owner and broke mine last season

PM sent.

Can confirm 108 has metal, drilled tonight and found metal shavings. Core feels like a lighter wood, not as burly as the wood in the legend 105. Hand flex is fairly stiff and feels snappy and damp, similar to other burlier Dynastar.

Jumping on the them tomorrow so will report back
    The metal is only under the binding, does not extend into the forebody or tail of the ski.

Interesting how the mount point lines up with the goats.

/Can't tell if bragging or being articulate.

What an interesting field to be playing.

Yes.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200209_125952476.jpeg 
Views:	135 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	314804

Not sucky.

First impressions of the m-free 108.

Conditions:
    8" new yesterday, chopped up and skied out. Wind buff. Pockets of unskied powder. White ice & hardpack in spots from last week's rain storm at 50 degrees that then cooled to 25 degrees.

The ski is:
    Fun.
    Not a pro-rider.
    Not a proto.
    What I've wanted for a long while.

192 length was spot on. Mount point very similar to billygoat feel but maybe a tad more effective edge.

Maybe in bumps I wanted a tad less tail but for the most part happy with the mount point. Curious about maybe -1.5? Mine have pivots so no adjustment for me.

I felt the feel takes the best parts of the x106, Cham 2.0 but eliminates the goofy flat tapered tail.

Much damper and more solid feeling than x106 or Cham 2.0. Does not get knocked around.

Definitely not a pro-rider. But for most resort skiing thats fine. Doesn't have the brutal edge grip of a pro-rider. It makes up for it in quickness and very large sweet spot.

Tail can be loaded for launch like the goat.

Can push the tips or ski more neutral like a goat. Very fun in offpiste mixed snow. You can really push them with an active poppy style. Found myself trying to pop off everything I could.

The influence of sander hadley, Richard Permin, Conner Pelton etc are apparent in these skis. A ski you can charge on but also fool around and jump off stuff.

Flex is round with a big sweet spot. I'd say medium flex overall with stiff flex underfoot. I never felt like I wanted them to be stiffer.

Fun on groomers. The forward mount definitely lends itself towards a more neutral stance but you can definitely lay them over and they'll carve.

I would recommend these skis to goat enthusiasts as a "b" ski, fans of the x106/Cham who want something less hooky and a tail less punishing.

Cool, can’t wait to get on them next year.
    Not sure what you mean by “goofy flat tapered tail” of the x106. It’s not flat. Has some rise and gets loose only when commanded.
    X106 “Less hooky and a less punishing tail”
    Also interesting as mine are not hooky and I don’t find the tail punishing by any means on the X106.
    Hope this ski is the beefier/business version of the x106, though i can rage that ski in anything with confidence and authority. A more damp, longer TR X106 sounds great and what I thought the x lacked.
    It better be looser as it’s wider.
    Stoked man and wish I could get on them this year.

Blasphemy
    Skis For Projects https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/58936538

If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/