Page 80 of 149 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 3703
    Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    I have never understood total removal of ski binding screws - particularly Pivot base plate screws.

Generally speaking, bindings ship from the manufacturer with screws partially installed. The only exception I can think of is the heal track base screws for STH2 and Jester style bindings.

Please enlighten me. Do shop techs elsewhere prefer to take in bindings void of screws and then be presented with a ziploc (or even better - plastic grocery) bag full of miscellaneous screws?
    The fact that the binding itself holds the screw is a design flaw that was probably put in place solely to avoid losing the fasteners.

I drill my bindings out to wider than the thread before I mount. Reduces the chance of cross threading a hole.

And perhaps some people come in with the wrong fasteners but having them in a bag doesn't necessarily mean they aren't the right ones.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    -I drill my bindings out to wider than the thread before I mount. Reduces the chance of cross threading a hole.

-And perhaps some people come in with the wrong fasteners but having them in a bag doesn't necessarily mean they aren't the right ones.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    -Whoa.

-I’m sure you can keep track of your fasteners. And it would seem most others would be able to also, but… Grocery bags full of random screws and AFD’s is a very real thing. Or omitted plates because “I just wanna run ‘em flat.”

Which of you wydahoans gave these away? Found these dusty and unloved in a back corner of the Driggs thrifty See n Save for $10.

The wife and I have been considering relocating to the area at some point but not sure I want to live amongst people who would do such a thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210909_143239691.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	386147

Wut

I'll give you $100 + ship for those if the bases and edges are ok.

Dude! I’m in if Norseman is out! A pair of rock lp’s? Hell yes!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I love my 186 rock lp’s

I have owned 3 pairs of that ski, and never skied any of them. #quiverbloat

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I have owned 3 pairs of that ski, and never skied any of them. #quiverbloat
    That’s like me with XXLs. I think I’m at 4.

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Skis showed up insanely fast.
    Ordered Friday and here today. These things are works of art. Haven’t seen a ski this cleanly made in a while. Gorgeous clean wood sidewalls. Can’t wait to get them on snow.
    Flex feels really good. Very curious to see how they are compared to my moships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dynastar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Of all the freeride skis I’ve been on nothing compares to these and the original race room LPs, nothing. Absolutely no speed limit as demonstrated in many years of FWT comps on Barkered’s feet. No pow? That’s okay because they rail like a GS race ski.

Who's skied both MPro 99 and 90? I'm thinking of getting a pair of 90's as a local ski for Mt. Spokane mid week while leaving the 99's at Scweitzer where I mostly ski. I'd like to hear some comparisons. Thanks.

All that ski does is make me want to compete again. It's brutal.

I mean, it's like I buy the ski first, then plan my trips to suit it. It used to be the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Wut

I'll give you $100 + ship for those if the bases and edges are ok.
    Sorry but no. I need a replacement for my 2006 LP with like 3 mounts and an edge replacement. If i change my mind you're first in line.

Also found these fruit-boot looking things on the same thrifty store trip, i had to look them up. Arno Adam model, from before i knew what skiing was.

Name:	PXL_20210922_142630626.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	386233

Don't know anything about the Arno but they look rad as f so i'm gonna ride them. Shit and here i thought my steeze was retro before.

So $10 for the o.g. LP's with px12's, $10 for the Arno's with vintage sollys, and $5 for a pair of adjustable pole. Not sure if they undercharged for the skis or overcharged for the poles.

Good consolation prizes anyway after looking at the stupid real estate prices in Teton county

holy crap, don't show gwat those Arnos he'll sell his kid. Too bad about the binding but you could probably sell them and find some appropriate ZRs somewhere.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Holy shit those Arnos are minty, a good bet both those and the LP's came out of the same garage.

I'd hang them on the wall and keep skiing my 4x4's.

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield View Post
    Also found these fruit-boot looking things on the same thrifty store trip, i had to look them up. Arno Adam model, from before i knew what skiing was.

Name:	PXL_20210922_142630626.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	386233

Don't know anything about the Arno but they look rad as f so i'm gonna ride them. Shit and here i thought my steeze was retro before.

So $10 for the o.g. LP's with px12's, $10 for the Arno's with vintage sollys, and $5 for a pair of adjustable pole. Not sure if they undercharged for the skis or overcharged for the poles.

Good consolation prizes anyway after looking at the stupid real estate prices in Teton county
    Eldo had a pair of those. He said some teen girl said to him a chair left " dude your skis have flowers on them"
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

I'm in the market for a cheap all-mountain ski for Salt Lake City and am between the 2018 Legend X106 and the 2020 Elan Ripstick 106 (used options available that I've found). Both are same length. Wonder if you all have any thoughts.

I mostly ski backcountry, so a big resort setup is not really my primary interest. I also have a pair of Kastle MX84s and love them for groomer days.

I'm trying to add a second ski for days when there is fresh snow and I am in the resort. My worry with getting the Legend X106 is that it will be too stiff for me. I think I'm a decent skier and not afraid to put weight into the planks when turning, but I'm only 5'7" 155 lbs and don't ski super fast. I enjoy the feel of making a lot of turns more than I enjoy the rush from nuking down the slope. On an open slope, I'm more directional than shmeary, but I struggle to ski well, directionally, in tight trees if that makes sense. My worry with the Ripstick is that it will be too light and I'll get knocked around in the chop.

I previously skied a QST 106 and thought they were too slow to initiate a turn. I thought they were built for someone who wanted to ski way faster than me and make larger radius turns.

Any advice on what to get?

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    holy crap, don't show gwat those Arnos he'll sell his kid. Too bad about the binding but you could probably sell them and find some appropriate ZRs somewhere.
    Belly laugh, thanks. Good to know about the bindings, seem plastic-y i hadn't looked them up in the solly bindings thread yet to see if they were worth a shit

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    All that ski does is make me want to compete again. It's brutal.

I mean, it's like I buy the ski first, then plan my trips to suit it. It used to be the other way around.
    Which skis are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Which skis are you referring to?
    Sorry— ProManiac’s pic of the MPro 105.

Is the general consensus that the Mfree 108 is more soft snow orientated, of firm snow orientated?

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    Is the general consensus that the Mfree 108 is more soft snow orientated, of firm snow orientated?
    As long as its not blue and shiny or tits deep its what I grab.

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield View Post
    Belly laugh, thanks. Good to know about the bindings, seem plastic-y i hadn't looked them up in the solly bindings thread yet to see if they were worth a shit
    if they have a plastic heel spring housing they are going to blow the spring out the back eventually, if its metal you'll be fine, I can't tell from the pic/angle. In my former life I drove Arno around for about a week doing movie and dealer visits, supper cool guy
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Yo— today’s MPro 105 has wood sidewalls. Is that the core? Is that a poplar core wall-to-wall with no actual sidewalls?