Page 100 of 149 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3712
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I had my 182's up near 75 MPH
    Haters will say that's impossible on such a soft noodle of a ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    ... Shame there is no 194/186/178/172 like dynastar used to run, the 192/182/172 split misses the mark imo.
    Really wish I could have the M-Free in a 186. I have not found a speed limit in the 182, but would like a little extra length for chop. Don't really want the length of 192 for where I mostly ski.

That being said, these are pretty much a perfect every-day ski for me. Don't think I'll need a replacement for a while.

The Dynastar Thread

Did someone say trenches?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0349.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	405251

New m-pro “108”, 110 underfoot in the 192, r=22m.

Variable-firm snow focused: It slots in nicely between the LPR and the mf108 which is the soft snow ski for the freeride athletes, including Reine. Rep indicated that the shorter lengths of the new ski will maintain the character of the 192 to give the juniors a solid development platform. This ski is definitely its own thing: lighter and less damp than the 105, but still delivers excellent edge hold for a ski this size, every bit as good as the Katana 108 that I demoed 2yrs ago in similar, “tight” conditions.

Profile shots

Name:	IMG_0358.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	405256

Name:	IMG_0357.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	894.4 KB 
ID:	405257

Name:	IMG_0356.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	405259

Full body shot

Name:	IMG_0355.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	405255

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

Variable-firm snow focused: It slots in nicely between the LPR and the mf108 which is the soft snow ski for the freeride athletes, including Reine. Rep indicated that the shorter lengths of the new ski will maintain the character of the 192 to give the juniors a solid development platform. This ski is definitely its own thing: lighter and less damp than the 105, but still delivers excellent edge hold for a ski this size, every bit as good as the Katana 108 that I demoed 2yrs ago in similar, “tight” conditions.

Profile shots

Full body shot

Doing the lord's work.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Sorry, does the M-Pro 105 stay in the lineup? I thought the 108 was the replacement to the 105 but when you say the 108 “slots in” it makes me think the 105 is surviving. Did I misunderstand you?

Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    Sorry, does the M-Pro 105 stay in the lineup? I thought the 108 was the replacement to the 105 but when you say the 108 “slots in” it makes me think the 105 is surviving. Did I misunderstand you?
    Yea

105 is gone. But I’ll have a pair for a long time to come.

Picked up a pair of the Dynastar Legend 94 for cheap on KSL. How are they? I haven’t mounted them up yet. I was looking for a 90 mm ski for ripping groomers.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

Profile shots

Full body shot

Nice info. Did you get it in any tight spots? Does it feel like a lot more ski than the 192 M-Free 108? Any idea how far back the mount point is?

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by fat yeti View Post
    Picked up a pair of the Dynastar Legend 94 for cheap on KSL. How are they? I haven’t mounted them up yet. I was looking for a 90 mm ski for ripping groomers.
    Thanks

That better not be the pair I just picked up for cheap on KSL; if homeboy's shipped me an empty box I'll come find you.

I liked the 94 a lot, responsive and agile but still very planted. Not as beefy and damp as the OG LP, or the 100mm version that came out alongside it, but still had good energy at the end of a turn and handled chalk, hardpack and refrozen shitfuck coral reef with aplomb. The brown/black version had almost no tip rocker to speak of despite their claims, then the white/brown version the next year they did put a deeper, low rocker line in the tip. Funny, I literally bought a 189 on KSL two days ago for next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by fat yeti View Post
    Thanks

I got a pair of 177 Legend 94s with a single mount that I'm selling cheap if anyone wants a smaller pair. Bought them for my son, but he went with a Mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    That better not be the pair I just picked up for cheap on KSL; if homeboy's shipped me an empty box I'll come find you.

I liked the 94 a lot, responsive and agile but still very planted. Not as beefy and damp as the OG LP, or the 100mm version that came out alongside it, but still had good energy at the end of a turn and handled chalk, hardpack and refrozen shitfuck coral reef with aplomb. The brown/black version had almost no tip rocker to speak of despite their claims, then the white/brown version the next year they did put a deeper, low rocker line in the tip. Funny, I literally bought a 189 on KSL two days ago for next to nothing.
    I got a pair of 94 in a 184. I did see those 189’s on KSL. Thanks for the feedback.

If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Nice info. Did you get it in any tight spots? Does it feel like a lot more ski than the 192 M-Free 108? Any idea how far back the mount point is?
    It has a more traditional mount point, but not as rearward feeling as the mpro 99. I didn’t get out the tape.

As his magnificence alluded to earlier, conditions are very thin and generally heinous off the groomed runs. I wasn’t forced to make any tight turns, but I could easily bring the ski around by letting up just a bit off the tips to a more neutral stance like I usually have on the mf108. In that regard, I didn’t think it felt like a lot more ski than the mf108, particularly in the tail that can become a bit of a handful in tight variable conditions, sometimes forcing you to slarve it around in bumps and trees. Get on the gas and it just eats up vert, I bet it would be a blast at a place like Snowbird.

Bought a pair of MFree 108s in 182 from PTEX1 and just got them mounted.

They are nearly the same dimensions (+1 in tip and tail and +3 waist) as my old favorite Atomic Coaxs on the left.

Looking forward to skiing them this weekend!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    Bought a pair of MFree 108s in 182 from PTEX1 and just got them mounted.

They are nearly the same dimensions (+1 in tip and tail and +3 waist) as my old favorite Atomic Coaxs on the left.

Looking forward to skiing them this weekend!

I forgot how much I loved the Coax! Maybe that's another reason I like the MF108 so much.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    I forgot how much I loved the Coax! Maybe that's another reason I like the MF108 so much.

I was thinking the same thing. The Coax was my first rockered DD.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post

I loved the Coax. It was a ton of fun and playful. It held an edge pretty well for a seemingly lighter 105 waisted ski. It got chattery at speed on hard snow, but the ski had a huge sweet spot, was intuitive and plain fun. It was great in a little fresh snow, but I'm a bigger guy and the tips tended to dive in anything more than 6 inches deep. I'm not sure why the Coax did not get a lot more love than it did when it came out.

Hoping the MFree is the modern rockered, slightly more stable version of the Coax!

I'm just here to induct myself into the cult of MF108. One funner-est ski to rule them all. A drug that's now keeping me up at night. Looking at any of my other 15 pairs of skis, I'm having a hard time wanting to ski any of them.

Probably rode 20 different new skis this week, but... that MF108...
    The M-pro 108 was certainly fun, but I like my feet to leave the snow more frequently than those encourage. And unfortunately I never skied the pro rider so I can't provide the relevant comparison. I will say, for people excited about about very damp missiles, a skinnier option that hasn't gotten much buzz is the Stance 102. I didn't ski it back to back with the M-pro 108, but it's in the same ballpark.

So what are we all thinking for adding? I am thinking of an MFree 118 to replace my Woodsman 116, and also adding a BG to the quiver.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Ok. Fair enough. I know some small chargers who are on the 182 and have no complaints.
    I am small, ski pretty fast and have no complaints. They are so awesomely damp.

My only complaint is they make me think about selling a couple skis I am unsure of when to use now.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Just spent the morning on the MFree 108s in 182. East coast spring conditions (firm in the shade to start and soon after soft everywhere).

I caught an edge on the first run and felt more comfortable than I've been on any ski after that. The ski does anything you want it to do with merely a thought.

This ski shines in soft snow and small (6 inch) piles of pushed up snow. It smooths out the piles almost as if you are on a groomer.

It carves medium sized turns well on crisp groomers, but is not the right tool for early coast refreeze. It carves soft snow like a razor. I actually collapsed the front of my boot pushing it through a tightish high speed turn - the ski loves to rail soft snow. When my boot momentarily went beyond its flex point I instinctively pulled back into the backseat and the ski released the turn and skidded speed as of on auto pilot. Big sweet spot and very balanced.

Because of the crowds and conditions today was not a day to fly, but i did get a clear run down the race course run and never found I was nearing the skis speed limit (probably got about 50 mph).

For those of you on the fence regarding 182 vs 192 I would say the 182 very stable, intuitive, and playful, while being plenty powerful in most rough stuff. I would not want the 192 for the East. I'm 6 foot 245 ( about 25 pounds of fat ass on what was an athletic frame (; )

I imagine if I skied wide open bowls out west a 192 might be the choice, but until I find then182s speed limit I cannot say for sure. I cannot imagine the 192 being a handful as the 182 is a dream. I ski 192 BCs as my powder ski and find them incredible easy to ski. I would think the 192 MFree 108s would also be very easy to ski. But, at 53 I don't want the extra "work" 190+ skis often require and the 182 is plenty for me, and I would venture 96% of skiers.

Wonderful ski, thrilled with the purchase. Glad I drank the cool aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    My only complaint is they make me think about selling a couple skis I am unsure of when to use now.
    Yep, MF108 is going to send at least 2, and maybe up to 4 different skis out the door.

I'll hop back onto the hype train for the mf108; since my initial review last year, I've remounted inserts for CAST at +3 to dodge the STHs I had at +2. It took me a little bit to get used to, but I can confidently say that the ski still performs in it's sweet spot there, and weirdly enough, I find the skis responding better when I get even more forward in my boots - possibly due to a difference in Delta between the two bindings.

All that to say, that you really shouldn't be afraid to drive these skis, even if you go forward. They can certainly do well with a more neutral stance, but true to the Dynastar stereotype, they also reward technical skiing and driving the tips of the skis.

well dammit.

After being abe to resist getting mf118s for two years, my resolved finally crumbled today when facing a pair with a steep discount. I went with the 189s in spite of being only 175/70kg as there sadly is no 185 version and 180s are too short for where I ski / how long I like my skis to be. They are to be mounted at +1.5 or +2 with Pivots.

I am really loooking forward to comparing them to 184 BGasyms.

The idea is to do a catch and release type project, like I did with the 108s - though time will tell. Or I might end up loving them and getting a new pair of 108s...

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    well dammit.

After being abe to resist getting mf118s for two years, my resolved finally crumbled today when facing a pair with a steep discount. I went with the 189s in spite of being only 175/70kg as there sadly is no 185 version and 180s are too short for where I ski / how long I like my skis to be. They are to be mounted at +1.5 or +2 with Pivots.

I am really loooking forward to comparing them to 184 BGasyms.

The idea is to do a catch and release type project, like I did with the 108s - though time will tell. Or I might end up loving them and getting a new pair of 108s...
    Look forward to hearing your notes. I am in a similar place.

Sat I skied my MPro 90s because I knew I would only be skiing ice and groomers. They did great. No complaints.

Nevertheless the Free 108 is now my daily. It could easily be my only ski (not telling my wife that) because Sun I was in every kind of bad variety of variable and it did great (I did good, it did great). There are a few long, steep, icy pitches that I wasn’t going to try and carve a turn, but not even a gaggle of teen racers or their coaches were carving turns on it. In the places where the corn was nice they were flat awesome and a ton of fun.

I like that they can drive hard but also be willing to poke along especially when in safety ski mode.
    "Let's be careful out there."